Even the most enthusiastic chefs do not neglect recipes of dishes that are notable for simple cooking and excellent taste. One of such universal options is puffs of frozen dough. Having prepared them once, you will probably begin to pamper your family regularly with this simple and tasty pastry. All the more so as the fillings here are the much-loved cheese, sausage, ham and chicken.
Why you can fall in love with puffs from store dough?
For self-preparation of puff pastry, you need to spend a lot of time on rolling, folding, cooling and re-rolling a mixture of water, oil, salt and flour. And all of these procedures should be repeated several times.
Excellent result guaranteed
If you do not comply with the mixing technology, the result will most certainly not be the one you expected. Making cheese puffs from the finished puff pastry, you are guaranteed to avoid such disappointments. It is enough to defrost a layer, roll it out, cut it into triangles, squares or circles and decide on the composition of the filling. Then it will remain to form products and bake the resulting "corners", "snails", "envelopes", pies or open baskets in the oven. And to make the puffs appetizing look, you can smear them with a beaten egg before heat treatment and sprinkle with sesame or peeled seeds.
Unlimited field for experiments
Cheese is almost a universal product. Its fusible properties and slightly spicy taste are perfectly combined with meat, sausage, ham, pickled cucumbers, mushrooms and lots of other products. Changing the list of ingredients for the filling, each time you will receive a new sound of the usual dish, the name of which is a slice of cheese with ready-made puff pastry.
Puff pastry recipes with cheese
So, let's start exploring the variations of savory pastries - a great addition to broths and soups, tea, beer or other drinks. Choose the option that suits you - and forward to the new culinary achievements!
Puffs with ham and cheese notes
This is a win-win for lovers of hearty pastries with meat.
Diversify the taste of baking pickled cucumbers
- 500 grams of frozen dough;
- 1 egg;
- 4 round thin slices of ham;
- 3 small pickled cucumbers;
- 150 grams of cheese;
- Turn the thawed dough into a square layer with sides of 30 cm. Divide it into 8 equal pieces.
- To make the filling, rub the cheese, slice the cucumbers and chop the greens.
- Cut the ham into 8 semicircles, lay them on the prepared layers of puff pastry. Top with a few pieces of pickled cucumbers and sprinkle with grated cheese mixed with greens (optional). Carefully bend one corner of each square obliquely - to get even "triangles".
- Separate the white from the yolk. The first will be needed to lubricate the edges of the puffs - for their better "setting" with each other when pinching. A yolk, whipped with a little water, is used to coat the puffs before baking. That it provides baking a smooth golden hue.
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C. Lay out a layer of ham and cheese pan, covered with parchment paper or moistened with water. Bake them literally 20 minutes - and serve to the table with the heat of the heat.
"Snail" puff pastry
- unleavened dough packaging - 500 gr;
- 200 grams of hard cheese;
- 100 grams of lean ham;
- 2 eggs;
- Roll out thawed dough into a round layer 5-8 mm thick. Starting from the middle, cut it in a spiral into a long strip 5 cm wide.
- Chop the ham, grate the cheese. Mix them with 1 raw egg and place in the middle of the strip. Gently pinch the edges of the billet to make sausages. Place it seam down and fold into a snail.
- Beat the remaining egg, brush the resulting egg and sprinkle with sesame. Bake at 180 ° C until golden brown.
Puffs with sausage and cheese
A variety of sausages allows you to create different variations of this popular pastry.
The easiest way to prepare a layer with sausage and cheese is to use any of the first 2 recipes, replacing the ham with sausage halves. Putting such a filling on the rectangles of dough and forming pies, kegs, after 20 minutes of baking, you will get an excellent snack for beer or kvass. We suggest you to add a zest to this dish - a light mushroom flavor, provided with champignons.
- 500 grams of dough - puff yeast;
- 200 g of sausage (any boiled variety) and fresh champignons;
- 100-150 grams of cheese;
- 1 tsp. mayonnaise;
- a few sprigs of parsley.
- Roll out the previously thawed dough. The thickness of the resulting layer is 0.5-0.6 mm. Cut it into squares with sides of 15 mm.
- Cut the sausage and mushrooms into small cubes. Grate cheese and combine with mayonnaise, as well as chopped greens. Mix everything together. Fans of savory taste can add to this mass 1 small clove of garlic, passed through a press.
- Carefully lay out the filling on a half-square, covering the second part of the dough, - to get small triangular envelopes. Carefully fasten their edges, brush the surface with an egg, after beating it with a fork. If desired, use sesame. Bake at 200 ° C for 15 minutes.
Tender Chicken Puffs
This pastry has a delicate flavor and excellent compatibility with any first courses - soups or broths. And to give it a new sound it is enough to use bechamel sauce. He will make puffs with chicken and cheese really juicy and original.
- 400 grams of pre-thawed yeast puff pastry;
- 200 grams of tender chicken fillet;
- 4-6 large fresh champignons;
- 50-100 grams of cheese;
- sesame - on request.
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 1 tbsp. l wheat flour;
- 200 ml of cream;
- salt and ground nutmeg on the tip of a knife;
- 50 grams of butter.
- Grill flour in a heated, dry frying pan. Do not forget to constantly stir it. When the flour gets a creamy shade, pour it into a thick-walled saucepan, put on a small fire, add the butter and immediately start beating the resulting mass. Without ceasing to work with a whisk, pour a thin stream of cream or home-made milk into a saucepan.
- After boiling, the sauce is cooked for 1 minute, with constant beating. In the process it is necessary to salt and season. After the specified time, remove the pan from the fire.
- Boiled chicken fillet and mushrooms cut into small cubes. Grind the cheese.
- Roll the dough to a thickness of 5-8 mm, cut into equal squares. In the middle of each layer lay out 1 tsp. mixes from chicken, mushrooms and cheese. Gently pinch the corners of the squares to get a "basket". In each such billet put a small amount of sauce. You can use topping-sesame.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
Ready puff pastry is a real magic wand for housewives. Perhaps sophisticated eaters will find a significant difference between home and store product. But the average consumer will surely be satisfied with nourishing puffs of ready-made dough, because the company will be composed of a win-win combination - a “duet” of cheese with meat products, which may sound different in every way.