This dish, like muffins - refers to the traditional cuisine. After all, they were prepared in Russia since ancient times. Nowadays, this dessert remains one of the most popular, and to learn how to cook it is very simple, even an aspiring cook can make it!
Buns are yeast dough buns, sauteed in butter, most often with a hole in the center. They are often confused with donuts, because the difference is actually not too great. They are round, made their yeast dough, and their filling can be varied.
The name “pyshka” itself comes from the Slavic word “puff”, which means “drown in heat”, while the name “donut” comes from the Polish “paczek”, which translates as “round sweet fried pie”. Even the decoding of these 2 titles has no contradictions.
Our ancestors prepared this dish hundreds and even thousands of years ago, and even today it is popular in many countries of the world. And though they are not particularly useful for the figure, but if you know the measure, then they will not bring harm.
Many housewives prepare donuts not only with sweet filling, but also with cracklings, dill, cumin, and even served with beer, sprinkled with salt beforehand.
- Flour - 0.5 kg
- Milk - 1 tbsp.
- Dry yeast - 1 tbsp.
- Sugar - 100 g
- Margarine - 100 g
- Egg - 2 pcs.
- Salt, icing sugar - to taste
- Mix 1 tbsp. milk with 2 tbsp. l warm water, pour in yeast and 1 tsp. Sahara. Add salt and 150 g of flour. Mix everything thoroughly and leave for 20 minutes to allow the sponge to rise.
- After the specified time, add the softened margarine, eggs, remaining sugar and flour to the dough, roll the ball and place for 2 hours in a warm place.
- Then from this ball you need to make donuts and leave for 20 minutes again so that they come up. It is necessary to fry them until cooked in a frying pan in vegetable oil.
- When the donuts are ready, they can be sprinkled with powdered sugar on top of them.
Puffs: recipe for kefir
These donuts are obtained by air. The most important thing - not too long knead the dough.
- Kefir (room temperature) - 1 l
- Flour - 600-800 g
- Sugar - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Soda - 1 tsp.
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Kefir pour into a bowl, add salt, sugar, soda (no need to extinguish). Mix well, gradually add flour and knead soft dough. If it sticks to the hands, it should be sprinkled with flour.
- It is not necessary to knead strongly, otherwise the dough will thicken heavily, and the donuts themselves will be hard.
- Next, you need to roll a thick sausage, cut, lightly sprinkle with flour and start molding the crumbs, make cuts. Finished donuts need to spread on the board, sprinkled with flour in advance.
- Now you need to heat the vegetable oil in the pan and fry in it buns on both sides until rosy color. Then they need to be put on a paper towel and served until they are still cold with milk.
Tasty puffs on the water
This is a very simple recipe for donuts, because it takes about 5-10 minutes to knead the dough.
- Flour - 800 g
- Water - 700 ml
- Instant Yeast - 1 tbsp.
- Sugar and salt - 1 tbsp.
- Sesame - to taste
- Vegetable oil - for lubrication
- In warm water, dissolve the yeast, add salt and sugar there. Mix thoroughly and gradually add flour there, mix everything again, cover the dough with a lid and leave in a warm place for 3-4 hours. During this time, the dough should be stirred several times.
- After the time has elapsed, it should be divided into parts, decomposed into molds and put into an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
How to fry pyshkina pan correctly?
- Milk - 200 ml
- Sugar - 2 tbsp.
- Dry yeast - 2 tsp.
- Butter - 50 g
- Raw yolks - 3 pcs.
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Flour - 0.5 kg
- Salt - to taste
- Powdered sugar - for sprinkling
- Vegetable oil - for frying
- Pour 400 g of flour into a container, make a well, put yeast in it, pour warm milk, add salt and sugar. Mix with a small amount of flour, add soft butter.
- Beat 1 egg and 3 yolks until the mass is 2 times larger. Then slowly add this mixture to the yeast, mix thoroughly again, the consistency of the dough should be like thick sour cream. Flour still needs to stay.
- Now the dishes should be covered with a towel and placed in a warm place for 1 hour, the mass should rise.
- Now you need to knead the dough, gradually mixing into it the flour remaining at the edges of the same container. The dough should stick to your hands a little more. Pour 50 g of flour on the table and knead the dough, which will not stick.
- The rest of the flour should also be poured on the table and roll out the dough to a thickness of ½ cm. Cut the mugs with a mold or a glass and cut a smaller circle in the middle. Leave them on the table for 15 minutes, so that they come a little more.
- You should fry them in the pan in a large amount of vegetable oil, the donuts are prepared very quickly. Then they should be laid out on a plate and sprinkled with powdered sugar on top.
Pies with sausage filling
- Kefir (3.2 percent) - 250 g
- Sugar - 1 tsp.
- Salt - 0.5 tsp.
- Soda - 0.5 tsp.
- Hard cheese - 250 g
- Cooked sausage - 100 g
- Flour - 300 g
- Vegetable oil - 4 tbsp.
- To extinguish soda in kefir at room temperature, leave for 10 minutes. Then add salt and sugar.
- Grate the cheese.
- Pour into kefir flour and 100 g of grated cheese. If the dough is hard to knead, you can add more kefir or boiled water, leave for 10 minutes.
- Grate also on a large grater sausage and mix with the remaining cheese.
- Split the dough into small pieces and roll out a little of them, put the stuffing on top, close the edges and roll into a flat cake.
- Preheat the pan, pour the vegetable oil, put the cake in the pan and fry on each side for 2-3 minutes.
- You can store this dish in the food package, then they will remain soft and warm.
You can prepare buns on a weekday or before the arrival of guests. This dish is simple, but unusually tasty. Especially children love such baking, so it will be a great holiday decoration for kids!