Puff yeast dough pizza turns out very tasty. Particularly attractive in such a dish is its extraordinary appearance. One gets the impression that the whole filling lies on the air bed. If you do not know how to cook this amazing pizza, use our recipes.
Puff Yeast Dough Pizza: Cooking Tips
Pizza is a traditional dish of the inhabitants of the Italian provinces. In the classic recipe it is prepared on the usual dough, which consists of only water, flour, eggs and salt. But pizza is so fond of in the CIS countries, that national chefs have come up with many different options for making the basis for this dish. Pizza baked on purchased puff pastry is considered to be the fastest way.
To make this pizza tasty, you need to know a few subtleties of its preparation and work with puff pastry:
- The dough should always be thawed beforehand. Therefore, before cooking it is necessary to get it out of the freezer in 45 minutes or in 1-2 hours to shift into the refrigerator.
- The filling is never laid along the entire perimeter of the base, as in the process of baking, the edges of the dough become deformed and the contents may fall out. Always leave free space around the edges at least half a centimeter.
- If you want to get a golden crust, before baking, grease a piece of dough with a beaten egg.
- Puff pastry is a very delicate product. Do not use ingredients that can give a lot of liquid during the cooking process, as the pizza will not bake well and will be watery.
- If you do not want the dough to be very stratified, pierce the edges with a fork before cooking.
The main subtleties of working with puff pastry have been studied, it’s time to start making pizza directly. To do this, you can use the following recipes.
Pizza Recipe with Mushrooms and Bell Peppers
- 1 sheet of puff pastry;
- 5-6 pieces fresh champignons;
- ¼ tsp paprika;
- ¼ tsp parsley;
- 5 pieces. small bell peppers;
- 1 egg;
- 150 grams of grated cheese;
- a mixture of peppers.
- First of all, turn on the oven to heat 200 degrees. In the meantime, it will heat up, pull puff pastry out of the freezer for defrosting.
- Now let's prepare the filling. To do this, wash the champignons well under running water and cut each mushroom into thin pieces.
- Heat the pan on high heat and fry the mushrooms for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Then diminish the fire, salt it with pepper and pepper, season with paprika and dried parsley, cover the pan with a lid. Fry so another 5 minutes. After that, open the lid and continue to cook until all moisture has evaporated.
- At each peppercorn, we cut off the upper part with a tail, clean the inside and wash it with water. Now cut the pepper into halves.
- We take a sheet for baking and cover it in form with parchment paper. Do not grease the paper.
- In the meantime, the dough is unfrozen, cut it into halves, as shown in the photo below, and spread on a baking sheet.
- Each half of puff pastry is greased with beaten eggs and a little salt.
- We spread on the dough fried mushrooms so that its sides and edges remain free.
- Cover the champignons with grated cheese, top with the Bulgarian pepper and remove the pan in the oven.
- When in 20 minutes the pizza will be golden brown and the edges will rise slightly, you can reach the baking sheet.
Pizza with salami in the oven
- 1 sheet of puff pastry;
- 1 tsp. olive oil;
- ½ tbsp. grated cheese;
- 250 g fresh champignons;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- ½ tbsp. white wine;
- 8 pieces cherry tomatoes;
- ¼ Art. goat cheese;
- 12 basil leaves.
- Remove the dough from the freezer 45 minutes before the start of cooking or transfer it to the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- When the dough thaws, it will need to be divided into 2 equal halves and put on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Now you need to preheat the oven to 200 degrees, and then start preparing the filling.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, fry the finely chopped mushrooms with garlic for 2 minutes.
- Then pour wine to the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes, until the excess liquid is gone.
- We rinse the tomatoes under cold water and cut each into halves.
- Now let's do pizza. To do this, each slice of puff pastry grease with olive oil.
- Now we put mushrooms on one part of the dough and tomatoes on the other. Sprinkle both pieces of grated cheese on top.
- Remove the pan in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- After the time is over, we take the pizza out of the oven, sprinkle the goat cheese crumbs on top and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Before serving, sprinkle pizza with finely chopped basil.
Baking from ready-made puff yeast dough always turns out very tasty and unusual. Now, knowing the basics, you can slightly vary the composition of the filling, adding your favorite ingredients. Salami, shrimps and even pineapples - practically everything that is in the fridge is suitable for pizza. Experiment and invent your new recipes. Good appetite!