What could be more delicious than fragrant, tender and lush homemade cakes? Each hostess, of course, has his favorite dessert recipe. We offer to replenish your culinary piggy bank and cook delicious puffs with apple puff pastry.
Secrets of delicate and exquisite baking
To make a good puff pastry, you need to tinker a bit. However, the result is worth the effort and time. Puffs are very tender and crumbly. And if you want to simplify your baking process, you can always make puffs with apples from ready-made puff pastry, which is easy to buy at any supermarket.
Let's listen to experienced pastry chefs and find out what the secret to making puff pastry is:
- use only cold water to knead the dough;
- Butter should be frozen, you should not remove it from the refrigerator in advance;
- oil should be chosen with a high percentage of fat;
- In addition to vanilla, you can add dried cloves or cinnamon to the yeast-based puff pastry to add flavor;
- knead the dough preferably in a cool room;
- delicious puffs are obtained on yeast-free puff pastry.
Let's look at how to make delicious apple puffs on puff pastry with and without yeast.
Puff Pastry Apple Puff Recipe
This is a classic method of cooking puffs with apples from puff yeast-free dough. Be sure to sift flour, preferably several times - so baking will be more airy.
- 2.5 Art. sifted wheat flour;
- 1 tbsp. filtered water;
- ¼ tsp salt;
- ½ tsp citric acid;
- 150 ml of vegetable oil;
- 7-8 small apples;
- 1 egg;
- powdered sugar.
- We begin, of course, with kneading dough. Add citric acid to a glass of water, stir it so that it is completely dissolved, and place it in the freezer for 3 minutes.
- 2 tbsp. sifted flour pour into a container with high sides, add salt and pour in lemon water.
- Knead the dough in the usual way and roll it into a ball. Wrap food film and put in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- We combine half a cup of flour with vegetable oil, mix and send to the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- We take out the dough and roll it into a layer about 2 mm thick.
- Lubricate the resulting layer of dough with vegetable oil, mixed with flour, and then form a roll out of it.
- Put it in the fridge, and after half an hour of puff pastry, you can bake dessert.
- Apples need to be cleaned, cut in half or into four parts, depending on their size. Do not forget to cut out the middle. You can also chop the apples for the filling finely.
- Roll out the dough and cut it into identical squares, calculating their size so that they can wrap half an apple.
- Each square of dough gently roll out.
- We put the halves of apples on the dough squares down with the flat side. We fix the corners of the test at the top, as shown in the photo.
- We take the baking dish and cover it with baking paper. We spread our little ones and grease them with a beaten egg.
- Place the puffs in the oven, preheated to a temperature of 180 degrees, and bake for 15 minutes.
Fragrant puffs with a hint of cinnamon
Prepare puffs with apples from puff yeast dough. And to give the baking a delicious aroma add cinnamon.
- pressed yeast - 12 g;
- 500 g of sifted flour;
- 60 grams of sand sugar;
- 300 ml of milk;
- 350 g butter;
- 2-3 eggs;
- 1 tsp. salts;
- 3-4 apples;
- Cinnamon - to taste.
- 100 ml of milk is slightly heated, but do not let it boil. Add yeast and 20 g of sugar.
- Now pour in small portions 1 tbsp. sifted flour, stir with a fork, but do not whisk, and leave 40 minutes for the sponge to rise.
- After the allotted time, add 200 ml of warm milk to the dough and salt, mix. Tip: if the opara has not risen enough in your opinion, then leave it for another 15 minutes.
- Now we enter in small portions of the sifted flour, and when it is moistened, crumble 50 g of butter.
- Knead well the dough, preferably not less than 15 minutes, but do not hammer it. We form a ball out of dough, wrap it in film and put it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
- In the meantime, we soften 300 g of butter, spread it on one parchment sheet, top it with the second one and roll it neatly into the layer. We should have a thin rectangle of butter that needs to be placed in the fridge.
- We take out the dough out of the fridge, it should already be a good fit, and form a square out of it, making 4 cuts from the top and gently stretching it with our hands.
- On a floured working surface, roll out our dough into a rectangle and lay an oil layer from one edge at a distance of 2 cm from it.
- Wrap the dough in a roll and put it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. Puff pastry is ready for baking.
- Apples are washed, peeled and cut into small cubes. Mix them with sugar and cinnamon.
- Put the apples in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. They should sap and lightly redden.
- Roll out puff pastry, cut into small squares and smear their edges with whipped yolks.
- Visually divide the test square into 2 triangles. We spread the apple filling from one side and cover with dough, forming a triangle.
- The edges of the puff pastries are joined and pinched using a fork. Fill the baking sheet with baking paper and lay out the puffs. Top them with grease whipped egg yolk.
- We bake apple puffs in a preheated oven at a temperature of 200-210 degrees for about 25 minutes.
Puffs are baked not only with apples, but also with other fruits and berries. Puffs of meat and mushroom filling are very tasty. Experiment and surprise your household with exquisite pastries. Cook with pleasure and bon appetit!