Puff pastry is almost universal: it is completely bland, and therefore can be combined with any filling. On its basis, pies, buns, bagels are prepared, they make big cakes with cream. But no less tasty get quick snacks based on it.
For example, rosettes of dough - pastries, taking away a few minutes from the hostess, but always looking presentable and appetizing.
Simple puff pastry roses with sausage: a recipe with recommendations
If you are fed up with simple sausage sandwiches because of their too everyday look, you can make the same “sandwiches” in the form of elegant “snails” or “roses”, which will add a home-made tomato sauce. In the absence of time, it can be replaced with ketchup or tomato paste in the amount of 40-50 g (by the number of ingredients indicated below).
- Puff pastry - 500 g
- Cooked sausage (or ham) - 350 g
- Large fleshy tomatoes - 3-4 pcs.
- Salt - 1 tsp.
- Sugar - 1 tsp.
- Flour - 2 tbsp.
- Sweet red pepper (powder) - 1 tbsp.
- Soft butter - 10 g
- Remove the dough from the freezer compartment, divide it into layers (the store is sold in the form of a briquette of several layers), let them defrost themselves at room temperature.
- Boil water, make shallow cross-shaped cuts on the surface of the tomatoes and lower them into the water for a couple of minutes. After dabbing them with cold water, cool and start to remove the skin. This technique will allow you to clean the tomatoes without problems.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters with a sharp knife and remove the watery part from them: the one with the seeds - only pulp is needed for further work. It is necessary to grind and shift into a small scoop.
- Heat the tomatoes, add salt, sugar and sweet pepper powder to them, then cover for 5 minutes under a lid. on medium power, then add flour. Stew for 15 minutes. on low heat, then cool.
- Roll the thawed dough along (but do not thin to translucency), while keeping the rolling pin moving in only one direction. Cut the layers into long strips with a width of no more than 3 cm. Ideally, they should be already 0.5 cm longer than the radius of the sausage slice.
- Cut boiled sausage into semicircles, the thickness of which should not exceed 0.5 cm. - otherwise you will not be able to deform them so that they retain their shape.
- Treat each strip of tomato sauce, begin to lay out the sausage: the cut of the semicircle should be parallel to the long side of the strip, the corners touch each other. Leave any edge about 1 slice wide and the other 1/3 wide.
- Twist each strip into a roll, starting from the end that is less free from the filling. Dampen the seam with water to better stick to the "rose". Place it on a baking tray with the flat part down (i.e. the semicircles should look upwards like the open petals), brush the surface of the dough with butter.
Bake snack for 20-25 minutes. at a temperature of 170 degrees. Time can be reduced for a very powerful oven: it is important that the dough has a golden hue, but does not dry out completely, and the sausage does not start to burn.
Spicy puff pastry rolls with sausage and cheese
The same recipe can be varied, if instead of tomato paste to make garlic-cheese filling, which will melt when baking. In order for the cheese to retain its softness, it needs liquid additives: for example, an egg or sour cream. You can also use not solid lumpy cheese, but melted in trays.
- Puff pastry - 500 g
- Cooked sausage - 300 g
- Soft cheese - 100 g
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Salt - Pinch
- Beat the egg yolk with salt, rub the cheese as small as possible, do the same with the cloves of garlic. Mix these ingredients and leave for 5-7 minutes: let the cheese soak and soften.
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into strips according to the above principle: a little sausage cup radius a little. Divide the sausage into semicircles 4-5 mm thick.
- Spread the cheese-egg mixture into very thin strips, put the sausage pieces on top, leaving an edge of 5 cm untouched. Wrap the strips with a roll, moisten the seam with water.
Bake in the oven preheated to 180 degrees for 20 minutes. Serve this appetizer recommended on green lettuce leaves and with sliced fresh cucumber, or with black pitted black olives.
Sweet roses puff pastry for tea
Such baking is perfect for lovers of sweets, if you need to come up with something very fast and very tasty. Apples are recommended to be taken savory, as they will be processed with honey for a crust. If you wish, you can melt a bar of chocolate and make thin threads on the surface of the finished "flowers", then cool them in the refrigerator.
- Puff pastry - 600 g
- Apples - 300 g
- Cinnamon - 1 tsp.
- Honey - 2 tbsp.
- Wash the apples well - they will not be cleaned in order to preserve their shape, so it is important to carefully rid the peel of dirt and possible chemicals that process the fruit. Drain using paper towels, divide in half and remove the stem and seeds. Cut into very thin (2-3 mm) semicircles, which will be the main petals.
- Mix cinnamon and honey in a small bowl, heat if necessary in a water bath (if honey crystallized).
- Roll out the puff pastry lengthwise, cut it into long strips 5 cm wide with a sharp cold knife. Spread the semicircles of apples on them, then use a silicone brush to spread the honey-brown mixture.
Twist each strip with a "snail"; move the outer edge down so that the product is sewn on the seam. Bake in the oven heated to 180 degrees for 30 minutes. Before serving, cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar or a mixture of brown sugar and cinnamon.
Puff pastry roses - with sausage and cheese, with apples, with mushrooms, with cucumbers, or with any other ingredients - this is a very quick and tasty way to pamper home and guests. With this baking, just feed the child with something that he does not really like, because he will be fascinated by an unusual kind of roses from dough.