Do you still think that only an experienced chef can cook a true confectionary masterpiece? Try to bake the most delicious puff pastry roses with apples. Exquisite, healthy, hearty and beautiful dessert can be prepared in minutes. Today you will see this.
Apples, as they say, are the fruits of knowledge. If your household reluctantly eats this vitaminized and iron-enriched fruit, try to serve it in the form of a rose. Nobody will refuse such an original, and, besides, very tasty dessert.
Tips from experienced pastry chefs will help simplify the baking process:
- puff pastry can be used as a base, including yeast-cooked dough;
- you can simplify the cooking process using frozen layers of puff pastry;
- apples used for the filling, you must first soften, boil them in boiling water or in a microwave oven;
- the filling can be supplemented with honey, caramel or fruit syrup;
- bakery powder, cinnamon powder, or chopped walnuts can decorate the top of the pastry;
- bake such buns should be for 40 minutes at a temperature of 180 °;
- after half of the baking time, it is better to cover the top with foil so that the edges of the apples do not stick, and the dough is thoroughly baked;
- so that the sliced apples do not darken, when they are boiled in water, you can add freshly squeezed lemon juice;
- savory taste and aroma of the finished baking will give citrus peel;
- softened apples should be dried, tilted in a colander or soaked with a towel.
Recipe for puff pastry roses with apples
Such a dessert can truly be considered fast, especially if you take ready-made frozen puff pastry. Before forming the buns, the dough should be defrosted in a natural way. Roll it on a flat surface with the addition of sifted flour. The proportions of ingredients in this recipe are based on the amount of dough. From 500 g of puff pastry, you get about 10-12 medium-sized buns-roses.
- chilled puff pastry - 0.5 kg;
- Fresh apples of medium size - 2-3 pcs .;
- freshly squeezed juice from half a lemon;
- 1 tbsp. l sifted flour;
- jam or liquid honey - 3-4 tbsp. l .;
- cinnamon powder and powdered sugar for powder - to taste.
- Apples should be washed, peeled and cut into thin slices.
- In deep glassware you need to mix 2 tbsp. purified boiled water and freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon.
- In the dishes you need to put the sliced apples and put in the microwave oven for 2-3 minutes.
- Thawed billet sheet puff pastry should be cut into equivalent strips.
- Each strip should be plentifully smeared with melted jam or liquid honey.
- Apply the apple slices overlapped on half of the dough strip, and then the rest of the dough should be bent.
- Moving from one side to another, the dough with the filling should be wrapped in a roll to make a bun in the shape of a rose.
- Blanks for buns should be laid out in silicone mold and sent to the oven, preheated to a temperature mark of 180-190 °.
- After about 40 minutes, the buns will be ready. They should be sprinkled on top of a mixture of powdered sugar and cinnamon powder.
Apples in the dough for the holiday table
Of course, the easiest way to use for the preparation of baking frozen billet puff pastry. However, some housewives prefer to knead the dough on their own. Puff pastry without yeast can be stored in the freezer for a long time.
- sifted flour - 2.5 st .;
- citric acid - ½ tsp;
- 1 tbsp. cold filtered water;
- 150 ml of vegetable oil;
- ¼ tsp salt;
- apples - to taste;
- cinnamon powder or powdered sugar.
- In a glass of filtered water should be diluted with citric acid.
- The mixture should be cooled in a freezer for two minutes.
- In a deep bowl, sift the flour (2 tbsp.) And salt.
- In the middle of the dry ingredients you need to make a well and pour ice water with citric acid into it.
- Knead dough by hand for 5-6 minutes.
- Formed a lump of dough, you need to wrap a film for food and send in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
- The rest of the sifted flour must be mixed with vegetable oil. The resulting mixture should be cooled for half an hour.
- The cooled dough should be rolled into a layer and lubricated with a richly prepared mixture of flour and vegetable oil.
- Further, as described in the previous recipe, you need to prepare the apple filling and make buns in the shape of roses.
- Bake buns-roses need about 40-45 minutes at an oven temperature of 180 °.
Puff pastry with apples
Want to surprise your household or guests? Try baking cookies in the form of roses. Apple-nut filling will give baking an unusual taste. Cinnamon powder and vanilla will add a fragrant flavor to the spices. You can diversify the filling and add honey, jam, granulated sugar to the apples. Pre-apples better heat treated in a microwave oven. Some housewives prefer to boil apples with honey or sugar in a saucepan, so that they become soft and juicy.
- chilled puff pastry - 0.5 kg;
- sugar - 4 tbsp. l .;
- apples - to taste for the filling;
- nuts - to taste;
- 2 tbsp. l liquid honey;
- Cinnamon powder and powdered sugar - to taste.
- Walnuts should be crushed with a rolling pin or in a blender, and then fry in a dry frying pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Apples need to be washed, peeled and pitted and cut into small cubes.
- Roasted nuts should be mixed with sugar, sliced apples and cinnamon powder.
- Thawed dough should be thinly rolled and cut out small circles using a form or glass.
- Four cut circle should be folded over and pinned with your fingers.
- On the edge you need to lay out the cooked nut-apple filling and wrap the dough, forming a rosette.
- To keep the filling dry, inside each bun needs to be smeared with liquid honey or melted jam.
- Cookies should be laid out on a baking sheet lined with baking paper or smeared with water.
- You need to bake at a temperature mark of 180 ° for about 30 minutes.
- Slightly cooled cookies should be sprinkled with icing or cinnamon powder on top.
According to these recipes you can bake simple puffs with apple filling, without forming a rosette. For quick baking, you can use frozen pieces of puff pastry, including yeast. Home-made dough will also be perfectly stored in the freezer. You can experiment and bake roses with pear, quince, cranberry, apricot, peach or cherry filling. If the buns dry out while baking, cover them with foil. Enjoy your meal!