Cooking is the most "cosmopolitan" sphere of life. In the menu of restaurants all over the world one can meet Italian pasta, Ukrainian borsch, Russian dumplings, and Georgian khachapuri from puff pastry with various fillings. Just about the famous flat cakes, as well as options for filling them and will be discussed further.
The secret of instant khachapuri
The Georgian dish, the name of which comes from a combination of two words - "hacho" ("curd") and "puri" ("bread"), can be prepared from different types of dough:
For modern housewives who complain about the constant lack of time, the latter option is the most convenient, since puff pastry can be easily bought in the store. In any case, the use of this type of batch has several advantages:
- khachapuri are tender, crunchy;
- puff pastry for Georgian cheesecake combined with any fillings;
- the workpiece can be stored in the freezer for 7-8 days, defrosting as needed.
How to cook puff pastry?
The taste of the whole dish depends on the dough. Therefore, Georgians are so careful in mixing the basis for khachapuri. If you want to make puff pastry cakes, you can do it in just an hour.
- 500 g of sifted wheat flour;
- 1 tbsp. filtered water;
- 75 g of melted homemade butter;
- 300 g of softened homemade butter;
- 2 tsp. salt.
- Pour flour on a silicone mat or table.
- Mix the water and melted butter, pour the mixture into the flour, add some salt.
- Knead the dough so that it turns out elastic and soft.
- Put baked butter in baking paper, give it a rectangle shape.
- Put the butter in the center of the dough layer, fold the base in the form of an envelope and roll out.
- We form the envelope again and level it with a rolling pin.
- Repeat the previous step 5-6 times.
- We make a lump of dough, cover with foil and send to the fridge for 30 minutes. After that, you can do khachapuri.
If at one time you did not use all the dough, then it can be stored in the freezer. Just before making cakes, be sure to thaw the workpiece.
4 best recipes of Georgian cakes
Classic khachapuri stuffed with cheese. But puff pastry can be combined with other fillers.
- 1 kg of minced pork;
- 2 onions;
- 500 g fresh butter;
- hops-suneli and other spices (according to your taste).
- Onion finely shred, pour in minced pork and mix.
- Add oil, spices to the mixture and leave it alone for 10 minutes to make it real.
- Cut the dough into several pieces, from each form balls.
- We roll the blanks into round cakes, in the center of each of which we impose a filling.
- We pinch the corners in the center, form a flat pie.
- The baking sheet is well oiled, we lay out the meat cheesecakes and coat with a slightly beaten egg.
- Cook at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Finished khachapuri with puff pastry are coated with melted butter and stacked.
How to cook Adjar "boats"?
Adzhar puff pastry khachapuri is an open pie that is poured with an egg.
- 2 chicken eggs;
- 600 g Suluguni;
- 3 tbsp. l melted butter on the steam bath;
- salt (to your taste).
- Grind the cheese using a coarse grater.
- We drive in eggs, we add some salt.
- From the pieces of dough we roll out small ovals.
- Put the stuffing in the middle, lightly pinch the narrow part of the dough.
- Well we smear a baking sheet with butter.
- We spread khachapuri and lubricate them with oil.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and send there baking sheet.
- After 30 minutes we reach the products, we hammer in 1 chicken egg into the center of each and return to the oven for 2-3 minutes.
- For each cake we put on a piece of homemade butter, serve hot.
Classic Cheese Cakes
Nothing can compare with the taste of warm khachapuri with cheese filling! Just keep in mind that not any cheese is suitable for Georgian bread. It is better to take vats, imeretinsky or goat, which are soaked in boiled water at room temperature for 2-3 days.
- 500 g of suitable cheese;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- 50 g homemade butter.
- Cheese, soaked in water, knead with a fork until smooth.
- We drive in eggs, we put oil and we mix well.
- The dough is cut into several pieces, and each portion - in half.
- We form small tortillas.
- In the middle of half of the blanks lay out the filling.
- Covering up with a piece of dough, bind the edges.
- Grease the baking mold with oil and lay out the khachapuri.
- We send baking sheet for 35-40 minutes in the oven, heated to 170 degrees.
You can smear khachapuri with a mixture of beaten eggs and butter (1 egg, 20 g of butter).
Savory Khachapuri with Cheese
Khachapuri with puff pastry cheese can be made more piquant if you add rich home-made cottage cheese.
- 200 g dry sheep cheese;
- 200 g homemade cottage cheese;
- 3 chicken eggs;
- greens (to your taste).
- Through a fine sieve, wipe the curd, and grate the cheese.
- Mix these ingredients, drive eggs.
- Finely chop the greens and pour into the blank.
- Cut the dough into several parts of the same size, roll out a thin layer from each.
- Put 1 layer of dough on a baking sheet, smeared with a piece of butter, level part of the filling on its surface, put another layer of dough on top.
- Repeat the layers, make the last of the dough, lubricate it with an egg.
- We heat the oven to 180 degrees, send khachapuri to it and bake for 30 minutes.
- After a little cooling, cut into portions. Serve hot.
Puff pastry khachapuri is a favorite dish of Georgian cuisine. Hearty and tasty flat cakes can be stuffed not only with traditional cheese, but also with meat. Cooking such pastries is not difficult, especially since the dough can be prepared for future use: it is well kept in the freezer. So, you always have the opportunity to bake khachapuri with a new filling for the joy of all your loved ones.