If you want to treat yourself or your guests with something tasty, and there is no time for messing with dessert for a long time, then it will be perfect for you puff pastry croissants. Time for their preparation takes a little, and the recipe is very simple. In addition, you can fantasize with the filling, due to this Croissants can be both dessert and main course.
Croissants of puff pastry without filling
- wheat flour - 0.5 kg
- dry yeast - 5 g
- salt, sugar - 2 tsp
- chicken eggs - 1 pc
- milk - 200 ml
- vegetable oil - 100 ml
- butter (melted) - 80 g
- melted chocolate - for decoration
- Preheat the milk, stir the dry yeast and sugar in it, leave it all for 5 minutes so that the yeast has time to dissolve.
- Next, pour the mixture into a bowl of flour, add the egg white, vegetable oil, salt and start kneading the dough.
- After you mix the dough, cover the bowl with a towel and put it in the heat for 1.5 hours to raise the dough. The finished dough should be soft.
- After 1.5 hours, put the dough on a floured table and cut it into 8 pieces of equal size.
- Roll each cut portion of dough into a ball and leave for another 15 minutes. At this time, begin to melt the butter.
- After 15 minutes, start rolling out the dough - out of 2 balls, roll 2 flat cakes of equal size. One of them carefully grease with melted butter. Cover it with a second cake from above and set aside. Then roll another cake, brush the top cake from the pile with butter and cover again with a new cake. So do with all the balls. In the end, should get 8 cakes, smeared with melted butter. About half of the butter should be left on the cake.
- Put the resulting design in the center of the table and roll out of it a large cake, the diameter of which should be 70 cm, and its thickness should be about 5 mm.
- Cut the flat cake into sectors into 16 pieces.
- Further, starting from the wide side of the triangle, roll the strips into croissants.
- Take a baking sheet, put baking paper on it, put croissants on top and leave them for 30-40 minutes to raise the dough.
- Mix milk with egg yolk and spread croissants on top with this mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C and place a baking tray with croissants in it. Bake them for about half an hour until they turn red. After the croissants are baked, pour them over the top with melted chocolate. Dessert is ready!
Croissants of puff pastry with jam
- margarine or butter - 100 g
- dry yeast - 7 g
- salt - pinch
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs
- milk (kefir) - 1 tbsp.
- sugar - 2 tbsp.
- flour - 3 tbsp.
- jam - for the filling
- Heat the milk, dissolve the yeast in it and leave for 20 minutes.
- Then mix the milk-yeast mixture and add the chicken eggs, salt, and sugar. Stir and add the flour again and start kneading until the dough is soft. Put the resulting dough in a warm place for half an hour, when it rises, add in it finely chopped butter.
- Let the dough stand for a while and then knead it. After roll out the cake from the dough, cut it into triangular pieces. Put jam on each slice and start folding croissants.
- Take a baking sheet, grease it with butter and put croissants on it. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C and place a baking sheet in it. Bake croissants for 30-40 minutes. This dish is perfect for any table!
Croissants of puff-yeast dough with condensed milk
- wheat flour - 0.5 kg
- milk - 250 ml
- sugar - 80 g
- margarine - 250 g
- salt - pinch
- boiled condensed milk - for the filling
- powdered sugar - for sprinkling
- In warmed milk, dissolve the yeast, add sugar, 50 g of melted margarine, sugar, salt and flour. Let the mixture stand.
- Knead the dough and roll it into a rectangular layer.
- On the middle third of the dough, place 100 g of softened, diced margarine.
- Then wrap the side third of the reservoir, covering the middle third. Lightly roll.
- On top of it, also place the pieces of the remaining soft margarine and cover the last third with a layer. Then roll out the dough, fold and re-roll.
- Put the dough in a cold place for 20 minutes, remove and roll again, then fold and cool again. Do such procedures with the dough 3 more times. The more you roll out the dough, the puffier and tastier it will be in the end.
- After you have finished rolling out the dough, separate the layer and roll it into a 1 cm thick rectangle. Then cut the dough into triangles.
- Place boiled condensed milk on each base of the resulting triangle.
- Then roll the triangles into croissants and place on a sheet baked on water. Leave for 20 minutes.
- Bake croissants until they have a golden crust in the oven at 230 ° C.
- After baking, remove the leaf from the oven, slightly blot each croissant with water and sprinkle with powdered sugar on top. Enjoy your meal!
How make delicious croissants with other fillings read the article Croissants at Home, and what else can be made from puff pastry,- in the article What to cook puff pastry ?.
Food cooked with your own hands is always tastier - they know absolutely everything. Cook for health and pamper your loved ones with tasty and delicious pastries.!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Polina