Potato Cake is familiar and loved by many from childhood. Many people prefer to buy a cake in the store, not suspecting that it does not require special skills to prepare it. Preparation of delicacy takes very little time and does not require special culinary skills. Time will fly by in the kitchen, but in the end you will cook a delicious potato cake at home.
For the preparation of delicacies, you can use the finished sponge cake, gingerbread and cookies. You can also add any fruits, nuts, fruit juice, rum, cottage cheese, dried fruits, candied fruits, condensed milk, seeds, flakes, etc.
Potato Cake: History
Like many culinary specialties, the Potato cake has an interesting history, which is associated with human curiosity and extraordinary taste preferences.
In the 19th century in Finland lived the famous poet Johan Ludwig Runeberg. One day, unexpected guests came to the famous poet. There was nothing to rest with the guests, and from the products of a poor family there was only old cookies and rum. Serving such a treat was inconvenient, so Runeberg's wife showed imagination while her husband entertained the guests with poems.
Mrs. Runerberg ground the old cookies, added sour cream, jam and rum. From the resulting mass, a woman blinded figures resembling potatoes. From above the cakes I put the berries out of the jam and beautifully laid out the culinary masterpiece on the dish. The guests were impressed with the unusual delicacy, so they asked the hostess for a recipe. Over time, the recipe for making a new dessert spread throughout the country.
Gradually, cooks of all countries tried to improve the recipe by adding different ingredients to it. Thus, it appeared famous potato cake, known worldwide for its simple set of ingredients and short cooking time.
Potato cake at home: recipes
Cake Potato Cookies
- Walnuts - 70 g
- Milk - 0.5 tbsp.
- Cookies - 300 g
- Butter - 100 g
- Sugar - 0.5 tbsp.
- Cognac - 3 tsp.
- Cocoa - 3 tsp.
- Pass the cookies and nuts through a meat grinder.
- Pour milk into the pot, add sugar and heat slightly. Add the butter and melt it. To the resulting mass, add brandy and cocoa. Make sure the mixture does not boil. Remove pan from heat and cool.
- In the crushed biscuits and nuts, gently pour in the cooled mixture, stir constantly, so that the mixture does not stick to the walls of the pan. If the mass is too thin, add more cookies.
- From the resulting mass blind cakes Potatoes. Ready dessert roll in the remnants of a mixture of cookies and nuts. If nothing is left, use coconut or icing sugar to decorate. Cooked pastries clean for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
Cake Potatoes from crackers
- Milk - 250 ml
- Sugar - 250 g
- Vanilla crackers - 300 g
- Butter - 200 g
- Cocoa - 2 tbsp.
- Walnuts - 100 g
- Cognac - 1 tbsp.
- Pass the bread crumbs.
- Put on a slow fire saucepan with milk.
- Mix cocoa and sugar, add the mixture to the milk. Stir the mixture continuously until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the crushed crackers, brandy and butter to the milk mixture. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Crush walnuts in a blender and add them to the mass.
- Cool the prepared mass and make a potato from it.
- Put the finished delicacy on a plate and put in the fridge for 2 hours.
Potato cake with condensed milk at home
- Butter - 100 g
- Cocoa - 50 g
- Raisin - 50 g
- Cookies - 800 g
- Boiled condensed milk - 2 b.
- Vanilla sugar - 10 g
- Walnuts - 150 g
- Fill the raisins with hot water for 5 minutes.
- Pass the walnuts through a meat grinder. Add nuts, vanilla sugar, cocoa and raisins.
- Mix condensed milk with butter. Pour in the mixture to the cookies. Stir.
- Form a cake from the prepared mass, put it on a plate and put in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Homemade cake Potato gingerbread
- Rye gingerbread - 200 g
- Boiled condensed milk - 1 b.
- Chocolate - 50 g
- Nuts (any) - 200 g
- Grate gingerbread on a coarse grater.
- Crush the nuts in a blender and add to the grated gingerbread.
- Add boiled condensed milk to the gingerbread mixture. Mix everything.
- Form a potato cake from the resulting mass, put it on a plate and put in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- After sprinkle the finished treat with grated chocolate.
Making a potato cake at home is easy. The recipe can be changed at its discretion. You can add seeds, candied fruits, juices, liqueurs and other ingredients to make the cake tasty. Treats best when served chilled for tea or coffee.
Optionally, dessert Potatoes can be decorated with cream, berries, grated chocolate. Improvise how Ms. Runerberg did it, and you will have an amazing treat that will delight guests.
Enjoy your meal!