Potatoes and meat are the products that make up a delicious and nutritious "duet." If you bake them in the oven, they will also be more useful. Potato and mince casserole is a quick and easy-to-cook dish. If you need to quickly "figure out" a hearty meal, what could be simpler and more convenient?
This many-sided casserole ...
This dish can not be called diet: 100 g of such a casserole - 160 kcal. Of course, no one will be limited to such a modest piece. So, eating 2-3 slices of an appetizing casserole, and even diluting it with other dishes, you risk a good weight gain.
However, the nutritional value of potato pie is its value - on holidays or when there is no time to cook more complex dishes. It is enough to boil the potatoes, lay down in layers everything that is in the fridge, send to the oven - and a tasty lunch is already on the table.
If you follow the figure, but want to enjoy the casserole, reduce its caloric content due to the filling. Instead of meat, use fish, mushrooms or vegetables. Vegetables contain fiber, vitamins and promote digestion. In the vegetable casserole only 60-70 kcal. Fish contains the most valuable protein and phosphorus necessary to nourish the brain, and mushrooms are useful in vitamins A, D and PP.
Vegetables are the most suitable zucchini. You can use eggplants, in which a lot of vegetable protein. A must-have component of the casserole is an onion: you don’t have to regret it, as it adds a spicy taste to potatoes and reveals the taste of meat.
Potatoes and meat: which ones are better?
The basis of the casserole of potatoes and minced potatoes is. It is better to choose a vegetable of white varieties: there is more starch in them, they are not so boiled soft, and the dish retains its shape.
Traditionally, potatoes are peeled and cooked until half cooked. Then it can be grated on a coarse grater or cut into slices and lay at the base of the dish. However, if you cook the peeled roots, some of the starch will remain in the water, and there is a risk that the casserole will disintegrate during the cooking process. In this regard, experienced chefs advise the use of potatoes, cooked in uniforms. The peel keeps the starch inside the vegetable, so that the casserole will turn out tasty and will keep its shape well.
Another option for preparing a potato layer is to grate a raw vegetable on a grater. In this case, in the process of cooking, be sure to check its readiness, otherwise the dish may turn out to be damp.
Minced meat for cooking should be chosen according to taste preferences. The most tender is chicken. You can cook it yourself by buying chicken fillet and grinding it in a meat grinder. Meat of low-fat varieties is excellent, for example, turkey, veal. Pork stuffing will be a good filling, but you cannot call such a dish a dietary one. Fatty meats, for example, lamb, are better not to combine with potatoes, since the starch in the potatoes is fed with fat, and in the cooled state it will be tasteless
If you prefer meat in slices, you must first boil it, because a layer of potatoes will not let it bake. Optimally, still use minced meat, which will give the juice and make the dish more juicy.
Potato and mince casserole: recipe
- potatoes - 0.4 kg;
- minced meat - 0.2 kg;
- onions - 1 pc .;
- some tomato paste;
- vegetable oil;
- Prepare the potatoes. To do this, you can use several methods: boil without a peel and make mashed potatoes or cook in uniforms, and then coarsely rub. You can cut the potatoes into slices.
- Fry minced meat, pouring some oil into the pan.
- Onion to separate from the peel and chop.
- Fry the onions, then add the mince to it.
- If desired, add tomato paste to the filling and simmer another 7-10 minutes. Then the stuffing will turn out soft and juicy.
- Prepare a baking dish by brushing it with oil.
- At the bottom of the form lay half the potatoes, then the mince and again cover with a layer of potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 170-180 degrees and bake the dish for 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve.
Cooking option with zucchini
- potatoes - 5-6 pcs .;
- small squash - 1 pc .;
- minced meat - 0.5 kg;
- cheese - 100 g;
- sunflower oil or fat;
- butter - ¼ packs;
- salt, spices.
- Peel the potatoes and boil them in salted water.
- Fry minced meat, adding a little oil to the pan.
- Peel zucchini, cut into slices and simmer in a frying pan until cooked.
- Pour the prepared form with oil or grease and put the potatoes.
- The next layer is zucchini, then minced.
- Lightly sprinkle with cheese on top.
- Preheat oven and put the casserole for 10 minutes. Since all the ingredients are ready, it’s enough to wait for the cheese to melt.
- Serve slightly cooled and sliced.
Potatoes, minced meat, cheese - great casserole
- minced meat - 0.5 kg (beef);
- potatoes - 7-9;
- Onion - 1 pc .;
- eggs - 2 pcs .;
- cheese - 170 g;
- sour cream - 3 tbsp. l .;
- flour - 2 tbsp. l .;
- Separate the potatoes from the skin and boil. Knead to a mash.
- Egg and flour mixed in a separate bowl and put to the potatoes.
- Chop the peeled onions and lightly spasserovat.
- Onion and mince mix and fry until cooked.
- Take a deep pan or other dish and grease it with fat.
- Put the potatoes first, then mince. Before laying layers the bottom of the dish can be sprinkled with breadcrumbs.
- Top with grated cheese and sprinkle with sour cream.
- Cook at 210-220 degrees in the oven until a crust appears on the casserole.
- Take out the casserole and cover it with foil. Let stand for half an hour, so that all the ingredients are glued together.
- Remove the foil, cut and serve.
Diversify the taste of the dish with tomatoes
- potatoes - 3 pcs .;
- minced meat - 0.4 kg;
- tomatoes - 3 pcs .;
- cheese - 100 g;
- greens (basil or spinach);
- Fry the minced meat and onions, adding a little oil to the pan. Put seasonings, salt.
- Greens finely chop.
- Fry the tomatoes with a portion of the onion in a frying pan.
- Cook potatoes in uniforms, peel and cut into slices.
- In a form that you first need to grease, lay out potatoes, minced meat, tomatoes and onions.
- Put in the oven preheated to 200 degrees and cook for half an hour.
- 5 minutes before being ready to remove and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Put the casserole in the oven again for 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve with fresh vegetables.
- minced meat - 0.4 kg;
- mushrooms - 0.2 kg;
- potatoes - 5-6;
- onions - 1 pc .;
- cheese - 150 g;
- salt pepper;
- sour cream - 1 tbsp .;
- egg - 1 pc .;
- garlic - 3 cloves.
- Mushrooms well washed, dried and chopped.
- In the stuffing put salt, pepper, seasonings.
- Mince mix with mushrooms.
- Chop the potatoes in circles.
- Onions cut into rings.
- Pour some butter into the form and place half of the whole potato.
- Top with onion rings and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Mix sour cream with grated garlic and egg.
- Put the minced meat with mushrooms and pour sour cream. Salt, sprinkle with pepper.
- Pour the casserole on top with greens.
- Bake in preheated oven until potatoes are baked.
- A few minutes before being ready to take out the casserole, sprinkle with cheese and send back to the oven.
- Cut into slices and serve.
- You need to put the casserole in a well-heated oven, so that all the ingredients are immediately baked and not broken.
- In the casserole is better not to regret onions. He gives juice, and the filling turns out juicy.
- It is better not to cut the casserole right after it was taken out of the oven. Let it stand for half an hour, lightly covered with a towel or foil. If served in a hot state, there is a risk that the potato will fall apart and the casserole will lose its shape.
- If you are cooking a dish with mushrooms, they must be taken fresh.
- It is desirable to fry the minced meat before sending it to the oven: then you will be sure that the meat has been cooked.
Although some ingredients of the casserole require preliminary preparation, the dish still turns out to be fast and incredibly nutritious. Cook it if you do not have time to cook porridge or soup, but you need to quickly feed the family. All eaters will surely be full and satisfied!