Meat is a traditional product for both the festive and everyday table. The most accessible today are beef and pork. The latter is most often used for rich nutrient broths, but it is no worse for baking. For example, pork ribs in the oven are very popular in German cuisine, and are also present in recipes from countries of the East and the Caucasus.
How to make the most delicious and pork ribs in the oven?
Nourishing pork ribs in the oven with potatoes: recipe and recommendations
It is difficult to argue with the fact that the most nutritious are meat dishes in combination with starchy roots: such as potatoes. If you want to cook dinner for the whole family or hot for the festive table - this is a great option that does not require much time and effort from the hostess. And in order to have a zest, choose an interesting marinade in which the meat will prepare for baking: we suggest you try the sweet and sour Italian version. In the absence of time, you can do with a mixture of herbs for rubbing.
- Pork ribs - 1 kg
- Young medium sized potatoes - 5-6 pcs.
- Olive oil - 2-3 tbsp.
- Butter - 20 g
- Tomato paste - 175 g
- Apple vinegar - 1 tbsp.
- Brown sugar - 50 g
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Oregano, basil, salt, red pepper - to taste
- First you need to do meat, because it will be prepared in several approaches. Put a large (5-7 l) pot on the stove and bring clean water to the boil. While it is warming, rinse the ribs, pat dry with paper towels and place in a saucepan. If its diameter is too small, you can pre-cut the meat into several pieces, but do not remove it from the bone.
- Reduce power to medium, cover and for 12-15 minutes. let it boil. At the same time, place the same saucepan next to it, also bring the water to the boil and transfer the ribs to it. Boil on weak power for 30 min. Thus, excess fat and possible impurities that accompany the store meat will be destroyed.
- While the pork is boiling, go to the sauce: put a ladle with high walls on the stove, pour in tomato paste and vinegar, throw 2 crushed garlic cloves, salt and sugar. Bring to a boil under a lid and start to boil over medium heat - this takes about 15 minutes.
- Pull the ribs out of the pan, dry them with paper towels, lay them on a baking sheet or ceramic baking dish. Using a silicone brush, brush with olive oil and send to an oven heated to 200 degrees for 5 minutes, then turn over and hold for another 5 minutes. This step is needed to create the primary crust.
- Now process the ribs with the previously prepared sauce, sprinkle with red pepper and send to the oven again, but now under the lid. If cooking on a baking sheet, tighten it with foil, otherwise the meat will turn out dry.
- While the pork is baking, wash the potatoes, peel them off, cut them in half or in large bars. Brush with soft butter, rub with the remaining garlic and herbs, spread between the ribs on a baking sheet and bake until meat and potatoes are completely cooked.
Serve the dish is recommended with lettuce and sauce (identical to the one that was smeared meat) in a bowl. The ideal complement will be an Italian red dry wine based on Merlot and Cabernet Franc. To fully comply with the traditions of the cuisine of this country, you can not cook potatoes, but serve a vegetable salad as a side dish.
The easiest recipe for meat dishes in Bavarian
In Germany, pork on the bone can and love to cook. This dish becomes a frequent addition to beer and constantly appears on the dining table, even without a special side dish. The traditional Bavarian recipe allows you to cook ribs quickly, simply, cheaply, but very tasty, which men will definitely like.
- Pork ribs - 800 g
- Olive or vegetable oil - 50 ml
- Mustard dry - 4 tbsp.
- Liquid honey - 3 tbsp.
- Spices - to taste
- Work with meat will be gradual: first you need to rinse it and divide it into portions - each of them represents 1 bone and meat on it. Pat dry with paper towels. In a large saucepan, boil water, throw the pork in there, then add the bay leaf, peppercorns, salt and other spices, if necessary. Screw under a lid for 45 minutes.
- Heat honey in a water bath, add mustard to it and pour in olive or vegetable oil. Stir the mixture until all the ingredients are fully combined, cool. If desired, you can throw 1-2 cloves of garlic, which are passed through the press.
- Place the scalded ribs on the grate, brush with the prepared sauce. Place the grate over a baking tray into which some water is poured, and move to an oven preheated to 180 degrees. Bake in such conditions for 30 minutes, then pour out the water that has not evaporated, return the baking tray and continue to bake the meat for another 20 minutes.
- After the specified time, turn on the grill mode or simply increase the temperature to 220 degrees to get a crisp. If these options are not available for certain reasons, you can fry the ribs in the pan without adding oil - enough sauce is used on them.
The classic Bavarian recipe involves the supply of meat without additions, but you can stew cabbage with onions or make a salad of green vegetables: celery, cucumber and asparagus.
Bake meat with fruit in the sleeve
The most unusual flavor combination professionals recognize meat with sweet fruit. Undoubtedly, baking pork with peach is unlikely to work out (however, such a tandem can be liked by someone), but pineapple has become a frequent guest in such dishes. Moreover, his merit is not only taste - it facilitates the assimilation of heavy protein, helping the work of the digestive tract. This recipe is attributed to Thai cuisine, but it has already received a huge number of modifications, as a result of which it is not easy to determine its accuracy.
- Pork ribs - 1 kg
- Pineapples (rings or slices) - 600 g
- Large tomatoes - 2 pcs.
- Red onion - 1 pc.
- Brown sugar - 1 tbsp.
- Ginger (ground) - 1 tsp.
- Soy Sauce - 100 ml
- Spices - to taste
- Sesame seed - 1 tbsp.
- If you do not want to use soy sauce, you can exclude it from the list of ingredients, and use pickled pineapple liquid mixed with herbs and apple cider vinegar as a marinade (1 tbsp). If you work with soy sauce, combine it with 100 ml of syrup from a can and spices, as well as brown sugar and ginger, leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse the meat, disassemble into several large pieces, put in a container with marinade and cover with a lid. The approximate waiting time is 2.5-3 hours. After this time, put the meat in a roasting sleeve and send to the oven for 50 minutes. Temperature - 160 degrees without additional convection.
- Cut the tomatoes into large pieces, chop the pineapples and dry with a paper towel, chop the onion half rings. Add them to cooked meat, open the sleeve and bake for another 10-15 minutes. at a temperature of 200 degrees.
Sprinkle with sesame before serving. If you need a side dish, stop your choice on a mixture of wild and golden rice, boiled with saffron and lightly fried in vegetable oil.
How to cook the most delicious pork ribs? Professional Tips
If you buy a product in a specialized store, ask to break it into several large parts so as not to do it yourself: most of the dishes involve dividing into portions. At the same time, bear in mind that meaty pieces, rather fatty, are best suited for baking: a thin layer of meat on the bone is preferable when cooking broths.
- What spices best shade the taste of pork ribs? Absolutely any. Often, their set dictates the kitchen of the country that owns the selected recipe. Red pepper and mustard are considered to be a win-win combination, but you can turn to Provencal herbs or Indian spices.
- What marinade do? Since pork is quite fatty meat, it is recommended to combine it with acid: for example, use vinegar or citrus juice. Honey helps to create an excellent crust, and soy sauce is suitable for lovers of simplicity and healthy food. As for the oils, they are taken in minimal quantities and, often, in addition to the main components of the marinade.
- Cooking pork ribs is recommended in stages: in most cases, they are first boiled, and then baked in the oven. However, you can first fry in a pan, and then bake in foil or sleeve. Each method allows you to get tender meat and crisp, but with different calories: frying, of course, will increase the percentage of fat content of the dish.
Finally, it is worth noting that pork ribs are rather heavy, not too dietary, and not easily absorbed by every organism, so try to supplement it with fresh vegetables or sour fruits (apples, citrus fruits, pineapples, prunes) to reduce the load on the digestive tract.