For the first time Pushkin was told about pate. in his novel "Eugene Onegin". He described a Strasbourg puff pastry cake with a tender filling. In our country, mainly pastes are prepared from the liver. Today we will tell how to make a tender and savory pork liver pate.
Homemade pork liver pate: cooking tips
Many of us love pate. It can be spread on sandwiches or served to the table in combination with a side dish. Also pate stuffed with various pastries. Housewives prefer to cook beef or chicken liver pate, leaving aside a useful pork by-product. This is primarily due to the fact that pork liver is distinguished by its rigidity and bitterness.
Believe me, the pork offal can be made delicious and soft pate, which will appeal to all households. And the tips of experienced chefs will help you to properly prepare such a dish:
- to make delicious pork liver pate at home, you should choose only high-quality and fresh products;
- the film from the liver can be easily removed if you first dip it in boiling water for 2-3 minutes;
- To get rid of bitter taste and make the liver soft, it is recommended to soak it in whole milk, while the time depends on the size of the piece;
- To give the pate a soft and delicate flavor, be sure to add fresh lard;
- so that the pate doesn’t weather any longer, you can pour it on top with melted butter;
- You can store the pate in the refrigerator, wrapped beforehand with its film for food products;
- You can make a roll of pate, and choose chilled butter as a filling;
- boiled carrots must be added to the liver - it will give the finished dish extra juiciness;
- add seasonings and herbs to taste in pork liver pate;
- liver pate can be preserved;
- You can use mushrooms, prunes, and various vegetables to make piquant and original liver pate;
- to give the pie a uniform consistency, it should be twisted in a meat grinder or whipped with a blender at least 3 times;
- adding rich cream will make the paste more juicy with a rich aroma;
- the way of processing the liver (in a multivariate, in a pan, in an oven) does not affect the taste qualities of the pate.
Delicate pork pate with bacon
A classic set of products for the preparation of refined and spicy pate is considered to be liver and pork lard. Thanks to the fat, the pate will become more tender and will acquire a rich taste. Choose only fresh pork liver, its surface should be bright and elastic.
- 800 g pork liver;
- 2 onions;
- carrots - 3 pcs .;
- fresh pork lard - 250 g;
- 200 g butter;
- salt and seasoning to taste.
- Pork liver should be thoroughly rinsed, and then dipped for 2-3 minutes in boiling water.
- Then you need to remove the surface film and cut it into equal pieces.
- Liver should be put in a separate bowl and pour whole milk chilled. In this form, it should be soaked for at least 2 hours.
- Fresh bacon should be cut into small slices.
- Without adding vegetable oil in a pan fry lard.
- Onions need to be cleaned, washed and cut into small cubes.
- Carrots should also be peeled, washed and minced. It is best to grind it in a blender to the consistency of puree, but you can grate on a fine or medium grater.
- Prepared vegetables should be laid out in melted lard and sautéed.
- Then in the pan you need to put soaked pork liver and butter. All components must be mixed and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Fried foods must be cooled and then seasoned with salt and spices. It is best to use a mixture of peppers.
- Then roasted liver with bacon and vegetables should be minced or minced in a combine. This action must be performed 2-3 times.
- Pate should be laid out in a separate dish and cover with a lid. You can make a roll and wrap it with a film for food.
Canned meat for the winter
Many housewives harvest products for the winter. And how nice it is to open the refined, fragrant preservation in the icy season! Can be canned and pork liver pate in jars. Keep it in a cool place, preferably in a cellar or basement.
- fresh pork liver - 3 kg;
- pork or beef pulp - 3 kg;
- pork lard fresh - 3 kg;
- 15 chicken eggs;
- 3 kg of onions;
- salt and seasoning to taste.
- Beforehand, the pork liver should be thoroughly washed and peeled from the film.
- When cooking canned pate, you can not soak the pork by-product in whole milk.
- Using a meat grinder, blender or food processor, chop the liver, peeled onions, fresh lard and pork or beef pulp to the consistency of minced meat.
- It is necessary to pass these ingredients through the meat grinder up to 3 times, so that the pate turns out to be uniform and tender.
- In the resulting mixture, you need to lay the eggs, salt and pepper, mix everything thoroughly.
- Banks of any denomination should be pre-sterilized.
- In the prepared banks need to decompose the pate. You should not impose full cans, the neck should not reach about 3 cm.
- Water should be poured into a large thick-walled pot so that it covers the walls of the cans just over half.
- Over low heat, boil the pate for 4 hours. The lid of the pan must be tightly closed.
- In conclusion, hot jars should be rolled up, cooled and sent to storage in the basement or cellar.
Pork Offal Pate
From the pork offal, you can cook a delicious canned pate. Experienced housewives take pork liver as a base, but add lungs, spleen, heart, kidneys, as well as the head.
- Pork cut head - 6500 g;
- 1.2 kg of pork liver;
- 1.5 kg of lungs;
- 1 kg of heart;
- 200 g spleen;
- 300 g of buds;
- 500 g pork pulp;
- garlic cloves to taste;
- salt, pepper mixture;
- 3 large onions.
- The pig's head must be cut into pieces and rinsed thoroughly.
- The remaining pork offal is also subject to careful processing.
- Kidneys, lungs, liver, spleen, heart, meat pulp and pork head chopped into pieces should be spread out in separate pans.
- In each pot you need to put on a head of onions.
- All ingredients must be cooked over moderate heat until ready.
- When the liver is almost cooked, add peeled garlic cloves.
- On average, the preparation time of all components is 2.5 hours.
- Boiled offal needs to be cooled, to separate the meat from the bones, and then grind in a meat grinder, blender or food processor.
- The prepared mixture should be seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Boiled garlic and onions should be discarded.
- The resulting mixture must be decomposed into banks. Do not fill the jars to the very edge.
- On a baking sheet, covered with a towel or cloth, it is necessary to expose the banks and cover them with lids without gum.
- In the baking tray you need to pour water so that it reaches the edge of the form.
- Baking tray with cans should be sent to a cold oven and stew at the maximum temperature within 20 minutes.
- Then the fire should be reduced and continue to simmer the paste for another 2-2.5 hours, if necessary, adding water.
- Hot cans should be rolled up, cooled and stored in a refrigerator or cellar. In this form, the paste is stored for a long time at room temperature.
Pork from pork offal is not only useful and satisfying, but also very tasty. You can vary the usual dish and add pistachios, prunes, walnuts, greens, etc. to your pate. Bon appetit!