For many, pork and citrus fruit pieces seem to be an invalid culinary combination. But visitors to exotic restaurants have long appreciated how tasty pork is in sweet and sour sauce. Chinese cuisine is replete with amazing recipes. Try to join it and you, having prepared a dish that is gaining popularity at an enormous pace.
Pork is a very common food product; most of the nations of the world use it to cook a wide variety of dishes. Such meat has a pleasant mild flavor, which is easily enhanced with the help of various (sometimes radically different from each other) additional ingredients. Quenching in a sweet-sour mixture gives the pork an original, savory, complex flavor - sour, sweet and spicy. To improve the taste characteristics of the dish, use the meat of the young pig. Despite the fact that such food for our edges is a wonder, you can cook it in your own home in half an hour.
Pork in sweet and sour sauce
According to this recipe, traditionally pork is cooked in China. The spicy flavor of the sauce with a sweetish orange flavor redefines the rich taste of meat in a new way. Do not hesitate, pork in sweet and sour sauce is an easy dish, the recipe from the photo will help you to cook Chinese meat without unnecessary trouble.
- 360 g pork fillet;
- 360 ml of any vegetable oil;
- 60 grams of starch (take corn);
- 160 ml of chicken broth;
- ½ tbsp. l apple cider vinegar;
- 20 ml of rice wine;
- 20 g sugar;
- 20 ml of ketchup or tomato paste;
- 5 ml of water;
- 20 grams of soy sauce;
- 1 carrot;
- ½ orange;
- some onion feathers;
- Bell pepper;
- Cut the pork fillet, put in a container, add soy sauce, a spoonful of wine and mix - let the meat marinate for half an hour.
- Cut the carrots in small pieces and place in boiling water for 4 minutes, and then strain through a sieve.
- Beat the egg and starch until smooth and mix with the marinated meat.
- In a hot cast-iron skillet with butter, fry pork for 3 minutes, after which you need to lay out the product on paper.
- In a separate saucepan, combine the specified amount of broth, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce and tomatoes, bring to a boil.
- Put boiled vegetables into the boiled mass and mix.
- Pour the diluted starch into the vegetable mixture and wait until everything boils.
- Reduce heat, add pork and orange slices to the mixture.
- Heat the dish slightly and remove from the hotplate.
Chinese Pineapple Meat
If you strictly follow this recipe, stewed marinated meat will be tender, soaked in fresh tomato and apple flavor. And pineapple slices will increase the richness of sweet and sour base.
- 0.5 kg of pork;
- 105 g of soy sauce;
- 305 g of pineapples in canned form;
- 20 g flour;
- 20 g potato or corn starch;
- 80 ml of ketchup or tomato paste;
- 10 ml of apple cider vinegar;
- 40 grams of granulated sugar;
- 100 ml of sunflower oil;
- a bit of greens, bell pepper and salt.
- Cut the pork in familiar portions, add soy sauce, flour, starch and wait 10 minutes.
- Fry the pineapple pieces using as much oil as possible, and fry the marinated pork in the same fat.
- Mix acetic acid, tomatoes, sugar and, together with pineapples, send to the pan to the meat, stir and stew for 15 minutes.
- Add 40 ml of pineapple syrup.
- Season the finished dish with pepper and chopped herbs.
Pork with vegetables and spicy sauce
A dish prepared according to the following recipe will be quite spicy and spicy, with a very bright taste.
- pork - 0.5 kg;
- ginger root;
- soy sauce - 20 ml;
- starch - 60 g;
- sunflower oil - 100 ml;
- 1 onion;
- 1 small carrot;
- mushrooms (best champignons) - 25 g;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- 1 sweet pepper;
- pineapple in fresh or canned form - 105 g;
- ketchup or tomato paste - 40 ml;
- sugar - 80 g;
- soy sauce - 40 ml;
- water - 250 ml;
- apple cider vinegar or lemon juice - 40 ml;
- starch - 20 g;
- salt - 5 g
- Using gauze, squeeze grated ginger root juice into soy sauce.
- In the mixture, lower the pork, cut into pieces of medium size, and allow to marinate for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle the marinated meat with starch and mix.
- Make a strong fire and oil, heated in a frying pan, fry pork.
- Cut vegetables into large chunks, champignons - with plates and fry them until ready in a separate pan, stirring often.
- In the vegetable mixture, add water, tomatoes, soy sauce, salt and sugar, stir and wait until everything boils.
- Pour diluted starch into the boiling mass and stir the sauce until it has a thick texture, and then remove it from the stove.
- Add the specified amount of vinegar, pineapple and pork in the base, mix and heat.
Not only in exquisite catering establishments, but also pork in sweet and sour sauce can become a familiar dish on your table. Chinese cuisine pleases us not only with unexpected flavor combinations, but also with the simplicity of the chef's actions. The appearance of such treats in the festive menu is the perfect solution for housewives who love to surprise their guests.