Meat lovers can not agree that one of the most delicious and hearty meat dishes is pork goulash. In a slow cooker, its preparation takes not so much time, and the result is not worse than in the most sophisticated restaurants. Especially when you consider some of the nuances of quenching.
Goulash in the spotlight
Goulash (from the Hungarian gulyas - "shepherd" + hus - "meat") has traditionally been considered a dish of Hungarian peasants. The first mention of it dates back to the 9th century. Then the goulash was very peppered meat stew or soup, which was prepared from pork or beef with the addition of vegetables - onions, potatoes, tomatoes, garlic. Some wealthy peasant women who could afford to buy flour, added flour meats to the meat.
Goulash happily lived to the present time, but modern people have much less time to cook. Today, housewives are happy to use all sorts of kitchen gadgets with which you can cook everything, including goulash. Pork in a slow cooker, the recipes of which are quite diverse, is guaranteed to come out uniquely tasty, very satisfying and pretty. In addition, the meat stewed in a slow cooker, turns out very juicy and is well impregnated with spices.
Pork goulash with gravy in a slow cooker
Pork goulash with gravy is considered a winter dish. Probably because his deep taste and thick texture evoke thoughts of a cozy family dinner by the fireplace. In addition, pork is a good source of energy, which is so necessary in the cold season.
- 500 g fresh pork;
- 2 medium bulbs;
- 5 tbsp. l greasy sour cream;
- 3-4 Art. l tomato paste;
- 2 tbsp. l wheat flour;
- 4-5 Art. l oils (olive);
- salt pepper;
- greens (to your taste).
- We wash the meat well, cut it into cubes.
- Pour oil into the bowl, put the meat, set the "Baking" mode for 10 minutes. Important! Close the lid to make the meat juicier.
- Shred the onions, add to the pork.
- Leave another 10 minutes, add flour, salt, pepper.
- In a bowl, mix sour cream and tomato paste, salt and pepper (any spices can be).
- Pour the sauce into the meat, add water so that the meat is covered with liquid.
- We put the function "Quenching", setting the time to 1.5 hours.
- Serve hot, pre-decorated with greens.
As a side dish for pork goulash with gravy, you can cook noodles or boil potatoes.
Cooking meat with gravy in the Redmond multicooker
The unit of this brand is known for its bowl, a ceramic coating which does not require the additional use of oil. Pork goulash in a pressure cooker Redmond is thick, with a very rich taste.
- 750 g of good pork;
- 1 small carrot;
- 1 medium onion;
- 2 tbsp. l high-grade flour;
- 1 tbsp. l ketchup;
- 1 tbsp. cold water;
- salt, pepper, spices (to taste);
- 1 bunch parsley and dill.
- Wash the pork, cut into strips of medium length.
- Put the meat in a pressure cooker bowl, set the "Baking" mode for 40 minutes.
- Finely rub the carrot, chop the onion.
- Add to the meat, mix.
- 40 minutes after the start of cooking, pour in the flour, mix well.
- Pour salt, pepper, spices, pour in water (so that the meat was covered in half).
- Select the mode "Quenching" for 2 hours.
- Served with greens and side dish.
An unusually tasty combination of goulash with barley or buckwheat.
Goulash with vegetables is tasty and healthy!
The classic variant of goulash is stew with vegetables. This dish can also be cooked in a slow cooker.
- 800 g pork neck;
- 2 bell peppers;
- 3 medium tomatoes;
- 2 large onions;
- 1.5 Art. l wheat flour;
- ½ tbsp. greasy sour cream;
- 3 tbsp. l ketchup;
- 3 tbsp. l olive oil;
- 2 tbsp. water;
- Cut the meat into cubes, onions into half rings, and the rest of the vegetables into small rectangles.
- Pour olive oil into the slow cooker, pour the meat, without closing the lid, select the function "Frying".
- After 5-7 minutes, add salt and pepper.
- When the meat is reddened, add pepper and onion, stir.
- Pour the flour, mix well, so as not to get lumps.
- Fall asleep chopped tomatoes.
- Mix sour cream with ketchup, pour in meat.
- Fill with water, choose "Quenching" for 1.5 hours.
- Serve hot, decorated with greens.
A versatile addition to the goulash with vegetables, revealing all facets of pork taste, is mashed potatoes.
How to choose and prepare pork?
Any meat lover who knows how to cook it knows that the taste of the finished dish depends largely on the quality of the “raw materials”. Therefore, choosing pork, it is necessary to consider some points:
- the perfect goulash comes from pork neck or ham;
- meat should be clean, that is, if possible, without fat;
- for a delicate taste, you can leave a very thin layer of fat.
And, of course, pork should be fresh, that is, pink and with a pleasant smell.
One of the main advantages of the variety is that the meat is very soft, therefore it does not need preliminary marinating. But in order for the goulash to be fragrant and juicy, pork must be fried in vegetable oil before stewing. If for these purposes you take corn or olive, then the meat will acquire an additional amazing flavor. A thin ruddy crust “seals” the juice inside and makes the goulash taste even richer and richer. For frying you need:
- Cut the pork into small cubes.
- Pour some butter on the preheated pan, put the meat in.
- Fry over high heat for about 7 minutes, constantly turning the pieces.
Despite the relatively high calorie content (about 330 kcal), pork cooked with gravy and spices contains a lot of useful minerals and vitamins:
- potassium (ensures the normal functioning of the heart and kidneys);
- sodium (maintains the body's water balance);
- iodine (improves the condition of blood vessels);
- iron (an important element of blood formation);
- phosphorus (involved in the formation of bone tissue cells);
- B-group vitamins (thiamine and riboflavin, necessary for the renewal of nerve cells);
- vitamins A, E (have a rejuvenating and tonic effect);
- Vitamin PP (improves intestinal motility).
Goulash from pork in a slow cooker can be done in several ways, while the set of ingredients is also quite acceptable to change. Only the quality meat remains unchanged and, perhaps, a good mood, giving a special "positive" taste to any dish.