It is difficult to imagine a person indifferent to meat delicacies - only if he is not a vegetarian, of course. And among the exquisite snacks is not the last place is breast. The recipe of cooking in onion peel allows you to get a particularly cute and appetizing - as if smoked - product.
By brisket is meant rib meat of a pig or cow. But beef brisket is a delicacy for the amateur: the fat in it is small, and the meat layers are rather thick and harsh. In this sense, the perfect pork - a delicate fat with thin strips of soft meat. You can cook bacon in several ways:
If you want to give the delicacy a pleasant shade (as if the bacon was slightly smoked), use onion peel. This ingredient will provide an appetizing look for brisket, but it will not give any taste or smell of the vegetable. An important caveat: when it comes to cooking in the husk, the fat is usually boiled and then flavored with spices.
Experienced hostesses share their knowledge
To make the homemade dish soft and soft, you need to pay attention to the quality of the original product:
- a piece of carcass should not have odors inherent in meat;
- Do not buy fat with a yellowish or grayish tinge;
- after pressing on the fat, it should quickly restore its original shape;
- on a piece of thin skin is required;
- the layer of meat on top should be saturated pink shade, and the one that below - faded.
So, the good piece is bought, business for small - the tasty recipe of a boiled brisket!
Savory bacon in onion peel: a step-by-step recipe with photos
This recipe is good because the composition and quantity of spices you can choose to your taste.
- 1 kg pork belly;
- ½ tbsp. salt; 4-5 cloves of garlic;
- 1 l of filtered water; husk of 6 bulbs;
- spices (laurel, peppercorns, asterisks, etc.)
- Onion peel washed with cold water, laid out on a table to dry.
- Fold the cleaning in a high saucepan, pour 1 liter of water and set on slow fire.
- Put the bacon and cook for 25 minutes.
- Set aside the saucepan and let the bacon stand in the onion water for about 12 hours.
- Mix spices, chopped garlic and salt.
- Rub the lard with the mixture, wrap in foil and put in the refrigerator for 8-9 hours. Finished bacon can be served sliced or on sandwiches.
Dish for lovers of Asian cuisine
Culinary tradition of Asia, as you know, offers a fairly generous pepper dishes. Here and Asian-style bacon should be spared, season with chili.
- 600 g pork belly;
- husk 4-5 bulbs;
- 5 cloves of garlic;
- a small piece of ginger root;
- 3 star studs;
- chili pepper (to your taste).
- At the bottom of the pot with a thick bottom put the husk.
- Ginger cut into rings and laid on the onion peel.
- Add pepper, chopped garlic and cloves.
- Fill with water and after boiling we put fat.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 1.5 hours.
- Leave the pork brew in broth for about 5 hours. Meat delicacy ready.
2 simple ways of fragrant salting
Once the famous singer Lyudmila Senchina gave the following definition: "Fat should be firm but soft." And true connoisseurs of this product would agree that salted brisket should be firm in a piece, but soft in a cut slice. Therefore, it is important in the recipe not only to select a set of ingredients for a brine - brine, but also to take into account all the nuances of the preparation technology.
- 1 kg of pork belly;
- husk 6 onions;
- 1 l of filtered water;
- 1 tbsp. salt;
- 6 peas allspice;
- 3 sheets of laurel.
- Husk wash, dry and pour 1 liter of water.
- Add lavrushka, pepper and salt, set on low heat and boil for 10 minutes.
- Put the brisket in the solution and cook for 40-50 minutes.
- After cooling, we take out the fat from the solution, let it dry and put it under the press to remove excess liquid from the brisket.
- Wrap a piece of pork in cling film and send it to the freezer. After freezing the dish can be cut into thin slices and enjoy a surprisingly delicate flavor.
Spice lovers will love brisket in spicy brine.
- 1 kg of brisket;
- 3 tbsp. l salts;
- 12 cloves of garlic;
- 30 g onion peel;
- 4 leaves of laurel;
- 1 tsp. coriander;
- 1 tsp. turmeric;
- 3 black peppercorns.
- Husk washed with water, dried.
- In the pan lay out half husks and Lavrushka.
- Cut the garlic into 4 pieces and stuff the lard with it.
- In a separate saucepan, boil 1 liter of water, add salt and turmeric.
- Put the brisket in the bowl with the husk, cover with the remaining onions and fill it with salt solution.
- We put on a slow fire and boil for 1 hour.
- Pound the coriander and pepper in a mortar.
- Remove the hot fat from the pan and rub with a dry mixture.
- After cooling, put in the refrigerator. The breast is ready.
If you like meat snacks, the brisket in onion peel, the recipe of which is quite simple, will become a favorite delicacy, which is equally relevant in cutting and on sandwiches instead of the usual sausage. Onion peelings will give the fat with meat a unique color and enhance the shades of spices and spices that you can add to your taste.