Pork belly is definitely a delicacy: on its basis, you can prepare not only a full meal for lunch or dinner, but also an exquisite cold appetizer that is not inferior to the one that is sold in the store, only much more healthy. And the most delicious meat, of course, is obtained when baking in the oven: it retains its juiciness and tenderness, but at the same time acquires an appetizing crust. How to cook pork belly in the oven delicious?
Spicy pork belly baked in oven in foil
The main attraction of meat in the oven is its relative lightness. If you cook in a closed container (foil, sleeve, pot), it does not require additional fat and you get the most diet. Such as bacon with beets and carrots. If desired, sour cream from the sauce can be eliminated, leaving only lemon juice.
- Pork Brisket - 900 g
- Sweet carrots - 2 pcs.
- Beets - 1 pc.
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp.
- Basil - to taste
- Oregano - Pinch
- Salt - to taste
- Lettuce Leaves - A Bunch
- Sour cream liquid - 100 ml
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp.
- Soak the brisket in cold water, put it in a glass jar, rub with ground oregano and leave for 1-1.5 hours so that the meat is soaked with spice. Peel and cut the carrots in thick circles, and cut the beetroot in semicircles. Tear up the basil.
- The foil cut must be chosen so that it accommodates the brisket, and there is not much room left for full air exchange. Then the meat must be placed in the center of the foil, pour it with olive oil, add 150 ml of cold water to the foil itself, throw in the basil and wrap the edges of the foil. Remove the meat in a hot (180 degrees) oven for 50 minutes.
- While the brisket is baking, place the sliced pieces of vegetables on the steamer bowl, set the timer for 20 minutes. If there are no steamers, you can throw the vegetables into a deep frying pan, pour cold water over it so that it barely blocks them, and stew for 20 minutes. over medium heat under the hood. It is important to just soften the beets and carrots.
- When the set 50 minutes for meat has expired, the foil needs to be unrolled, to get rid of the water if it remains. Return the meat back to the oven. Beside it, spread out vegetables, brought to semi-ready condition, switch the oven to the "grill" mode, or simply raise the temperature to 200 degrees. The approximate duration of this baking stage is 15 minutes.
- Serve the brisket with the vegetables, cut into pieces and seasoned with lettuce leaves. Dressing will perform sour cream mixed with lemon juice.
Recipe for Brisket Cooked in Onion Peel
An interesting way to cook pork belly with a minimum calorie content, but the stunning taste of smoked meat is to process onion peel. The work is divided into 2 stages: first, the brisket is boiled, then brought to full readiness in the oven to create an attractive crust on it. If desired, the baking stage can be omitted, but then the meat must be insisted for 12-14 hours in the marinade, which is obtained during the cooking process.
- Pork belly - 1 kg
- Onion peel - 2 tbsp.
- Paprika - 1 tbsp.
- Salt - to taste
- Pepper - to taste
- A large pot (5-6 l) should be filled with water so that only 1/5 of the height is free, then put on the hotplate and wait for boiling. Onion peel during this time should be rinsed in cold water and then thrown into the pan. At the same time, salt, pepper and paprika go there.
- Soak pork belly in cold water, lay in water in one piece after the liquid with onion peel leaves for 5-10 minutes. Then the fire is reduced to medium, the pan is covered with a lid, and the meat is cooked for about 60-80 minutes.
- The next stage is baking. For it you will need a large ceramic pot with a lid, into which the scalded brisket is transferred. In the same pot, you need to pour about 800 ml of liquid from the pan, cover it with a lid, put in a hot (180 degrees) oven and leave for 45 minutes.
- After this time, the lid is removed from the pot, the temperature in the oven rises to 200 degrees, and the brisket browns until it becomes brown. Before this, you can rub its surface with a chopped clove of garlic, if you want to get more spicy meat.
Pork with potatoes: a recipe with photos
The quickest and most satisfying dish is always meat with potatoes. To make all the ingredients tender and juicy, they need to be cooked in a closed container: for example, in a special baking sleeve. Foil is capable of playing the same role, but professionals assure that in the sleeve the meat turns out to be more moist, as if stewed, and not baked.
- Pork belly - 800 g
- Large potato - 4 pcs.
- Onion - 2 pcs.
- Ground black pepper - 1 tsp.
- Pepper red sweet ground - 1 tsp.
- Salt - to taste
- Sour cream - 1 tbsp.
- First, it is recommended to prepare the meat, since it will take a little time for it to fully soak: cut the brisket into portions or simply into large pieces, rub with half the volume of the pepper mixture and salt, put into a glass container and cover with a lid. It is advisable to leave the meat for 1-1.5 hours, the minimum time - 15-20 minutes.
- Next comes the turn of the potatoes - it is necessary to wash, peel, cut into large, thick circles, rub with the remnants of pepper mixture and sour cream. Then add the onions and add to the potatoes. These products, on the contrary, it is better not to “insist”, but to immediately put it in motion, therefore it is recommended to carry out all manipulations with them after the expiration of the breast fat.
- The professionals advise you to lay the ingredients in the baking sleeve as follows: first fill the bottom with potatoes and onions, then spread the pieces of pork on top - this will create a kind of pillow for it and will not allow the meat to burn. The sleeve is closed, after which it must be placed on a baking sheet and sent to an oven heated to 160 degrees. If there is no additional ventilation among the modes, it is possible to raise the temperature to 180 degrees. Approximate roasting time - 50 minutes.
This recipe for pork belly in the oven is basic, so it allows absolutely any additions and metamorphoses: you can completely eliminate onions, but then you must attend the seasonings so that the meat does not become uncooked. Or pre-soak the bacon in the marinade for the same purpose.