Love the varied fish menu? Then try cooking pollock in sour cream in a frying pan. Wonderful in taste, very meaty and fragrant fish will be a great addition to any side dish.
Tasty fish in sour cream sauce: culinary secrets
The world's oceans offer a huge variety of seafood, a worthy representative of which is the pollock fish. Some are confused by the thought that it will need to be roasted and cleaned. However, to get a tasty and satisfying dish, it is not necessary to be an expert. Many ingredients in recipes are presented interchangeably.
Experienced cooks reveal their secrets how to cook pollock in sour cream in a frying pan:
- Fry the fish fillet should be based on the rate of 10 minutes to 2.5 centimeters of meat, turning the pieces every 2 minutes. And for pollock in sour cream to the total cooking time you need to add another 5 minutes to the fire.
- Make sure that the frozen fish is completely thawed out; it should not be directly out of the refrigerator. You do not want to overcook the fillet and spoil the taste of the dish? If the inside of the fish is not sufficiently defrosted, then during frying the whole piece will be prepared unevenly.
- In the house sour cream is over, but do you really want to cook a delicious fish stew? Then replace this product with analogs, for example, mayonnaise or cream.
Pollock - picky fish and will be perfectly combined with lemon, thyme, fresh herbs and a variety of spices. Do not believe? Then try to cook it according to our recipes.
Pollock recipe in a pan with sour cream and vegetables
- 1 leek;
- 3 tbsp. l olive oil;
- 150 ml classic vegetable broth;
- ½ bunch parsley;
- 2-3 tomatoes;
- 1 tbsp. l grainy mustard;
- 100 g sour cream;
- 1 tsp. Sahara.
- First you need to cut a leek in half, wash it thoroughly and dry it. And then you need to chop the onion into large pieces.
- Now put the pan on the fire, heat the olive oil and fry the leeks for 2 minutes. Pour onion with vegetable broth, bring to a boil and boil for about 5 minutes.
- Pollock fillets need to be washed and dried, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In the second pan, heat the rest of the olive oil and fry the fish pieces on each side for 3-4 minutes depending on their thickness.
- While the fish is fried, wash the tomatoes and cut into neat halves. Wash a bunch of parsley and finely chop with a sharp knife.
- Add tomatoes, sour cream, greens to the fried onions and season with salt and sugar to taste.
- Put the fish layer on top, cover the pan with a lid and simmer the vegetables with the fish on low heat for about 7-10 minutes.
- Spread the vegetables and slices of pollock fillets on plates. Serve with rice garnish.
Exquisite Stewed Pollock Fillet
- 0.5 kg pollock fillet;
- 2 onions;
- 2 tbsp. sour cream;
- 1 tbsp. l vegetable oil;
- fresh greens;
- Peel the onions, rinse with cold water and cut into large rings with a sharp knife.
- From the pollock fillet we remove the large visible bones, wash it with water and dry it with paper napkins. Then we cut the fish into small pieces, about 2 centimeters each.
- Heat the pan on high heat and add a small amount of vegetable oil to it.
- When the oil has reached the desired temperature, lay the onion in the bottom of the frying pan and fry it to a ruddy, beautiful crust.
- Add the fish fillets to the finished onion and fry for 2 minutes on each side.
- Then pour the fish meat with sour cream, salt and pepper to taste. All the ingredients are well mixed and simmer on low heat under the lid for about 15 minutes.
- The finished dish is decorated with fresh parsley, dill or cilantro.
Very tasty dish: lemon, pollock and thyme
- ½ tbsp. couscous;
- 2 slices of pollock fillet;
- 2 tbsp. l sour cream;
- 1 lemon;
- 1 small shallot;
- 1 ½ tsp anchovy pastes;
- 1 large thyme stem;
- 300 g broccoli;
- 300 g peas in the shell;
- 1 clove garlic.
- First prepare the couscous. In a saucepan, pour ½ tbsp. salted water and bring to a boil. Add the couscous and remove the pan from the heat, cover with a lid and let infuse until tender.
- Wash the lemon, grate the zest from it and squeeze the juice from one half. Cut the other half of the lemon into small slices.
- Rinse and finely chop the shallot. Remove the leaves from a sprig of thyme and finely chop, it should make about 1 teaspoon.
- Remove the rough ends with the broccoli and discard. Cross-cut the inflorescences and carefully separate them from the branch.
- Place the broccoli and peas in the pan, cover with two glasses of water. Season the ingredients with salt and pepper and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Then transfer the vegetables to a colander with a fine sieve and drain the water.
- Heat 1 tsp in a skillet. oil and put the pieces of fish, which must be pre-seasoned with salt and pepper and seasonings.
- Mix onion, sour cream, thyme, ½ tsp in a separate bowl. anchovy pastes, as well as lemon juice and ½ tsp. peel.
- Spread the sauce evenly over the fish and fry until ready for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, while the fish is stewing with vegetables, chop the garlic finely and mix it with the remnants of lemon zest.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the garlic with lemon until golden brown. Then add leftover pasta, fry for about a minute and add broccoli with peas to garlic. Fry the ingredients, stirring occasionally, for about 2 minutes.
- Add steamed couscous to broccoli and peas sauce. Put the side dish on a plate and serve with the fish fillet and sour cream sauce.
Now cooking fish fillets of pollock in sour cream sauce will no longer be a problem for you. Indulge yourself, your family and friends with a delicious variety of fish dishes. Enjoy your meal!