A garnish of fragrant potatoes is suitable for any meat or fish dish: the pollock here will not be an exception. This simple, low-fat fish of the cod family will appeal to those who are concerned about the shape, and those who are simply not indifferent to seafood. How tastier to cook pollock in the oven with potatoes? Each hostess in the cookbook must have several recipes for this dish.
Pollock with potato in foil in the oven: a recipe with photos
Since pollock is low-fat fish, the main task of the cook is not to overdry it. Therefore, it is recommended to bake this product in closed containers: ceramic pots with lids, special sleeves or regular foil. For potatoes, this is also important if you are not going to add extra fat to it, but want to get the most healthy and light dish. In foil, pollock with potatoes in the oven will be steamed properly, keeping the middle part tender. And if desired, they can be given a crisp, simply opening the edges of the foil before the end of cooking.
- Pollock fillet - 3-4 pcs.
- Lemon - 1 pc.
- Soy sauce - 1 tbsp.
- Seasoning for fish - 1 tsp.
- Potatoes - 5-6 pcs.
- Carrots - 2 pcs.
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Cheese - 210 g
- Pollock fillets must be thawed and finely chopped, then placed in a bowl, filled with squeezed lemon juice and left for 20-30 minutes. Salt the fish is not required - lemon juice will do everything you need.
- Potatoes are peeled and diced or sliced, carrots are sliced into slices, and onions are cut into half rings.
- The pollock is laid out in the center of the folded foil, sprinkled with spices on top and covered with a layer of onions. They are carrots, the top layer of the dish is formed from potatoes. The foil is sealed from above with a thick twisted seam, the dish is placed in a hot (175 degrees with convection) oven, where it is baked for 40 minutes.
- While the fish and potatoes reach readiness, the cheese is rubbed finely, 2-3 cups are cut from the lemon. When this time comes out, the foil opens, cheese is scattered on a fish and potato casserole, and a mixture of ground peppers can be added to it. Lemon plates are stacked on top, the dish is put back in the oven with open foil.
- It remains only to wait until the casserole gets golden cheese crust, remove lemon slices from it, cut it into portions and serve to the table, decorating the dish with greens.
Aromatic fish potatoes
The traditional recipe of this fish with potatoes does not imply any extra additives among the ingredients: this is a great option when the refrigerator is empty and time is short. You will need only 10-15 minutes. direct work with the products, and the rest will make the oven.
- Pollock (whole) - 1 pc.
- Young potatoes - 3-4 pcs.
- Sour cream nonfat - 200 ml
- Thyme - ½ tsp
- Mint - ½ tsp
- Salt is a pinch.
- Potatoes are peeled and cut into plates, dipped in cold water, and soaked for 5-10 minutes to remove excess starch. At the same time, the fish is cleaned and gutted, cut into portions (3-5 cm wide), laid out in a bowl, filled with sour cream.
- After the specified time, the potato is rubbed with salt and laid out on a baking sheet so that a dense layer is obtained, the fish is distributed from above. If sour cream remains, pour a dish over it, sprinkle it with spices.
- Bake in the oven pollock in sour cream sauce with potatoes and spices should be within 50-60 minutes, depending on the power of technology. The temperature without convection will be 200 ° C, with convection it will drop to 180 degrees, the baking tray will be set at an average level.
Pollock, baked with potatoes, zucchini and apples
Fish is almost universal in its compatibility, like potatoes. Therefore, casseroles based on it can assume the presence of a wide variety of ingredients: for example, roasted apples. Add here zucchini, cheese and protein crust and grated carrots - you get a hearty dinner or a festive lunch.
- Pollock fillet - 1 kg
- Potatoes - 4-5 pcs.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Zucchini - 1 pc.
- Apples sour or soaked - 2 pcs.
- Soft cheese - 135 g.
- Egg (white) - 1 pc.
- Milk - 20 ml
- Salt - Pinch
- The pollock fillet is cut, rubbed with salt, laid out in a deep bowl and infused for 10-15 minutes so that it can be salted a little.
- Potatoes, apples and zucchini are cut into thin plates, carrots pass through the shallow side of the grater.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites, combine with grated cheese and milk, the mass is kneaded.
- The bottom of the baking dish is lined with potatoes, fish fillets are placed on top, then zucchini and apples. "Cap" casserole is made of grated carrots and egg-milk cheese mass.
- The form is removed in a hot (180 degrees) oven, at an average level, the dish is cooked for 60 minutes. Serve recommended on lettuce, with sour cream.
It is very easy to bake the pollock in the oven with potatoes: you can always quickly soak the fish in lemon juice, put them in foil with potatoes, and wait for it to be ready. For a festive table or if there is time, the chefs advise you to play with marinades for the fish, pick up an interesting sauce or additional elements for the side dish. And because there are no bones in the pollock fillet, this fish can be given even to children.