Pike is a dietary product. It contains only up to 3 percent fat, up to 20 percent protein. But there are a lot of bones in this fish. And this is her main drawback. However, baked pike is so appetizing that small bones do not interfere with enjoying its taste.
This fish belongs to the category of commercial, sold in fresh, chilled, frozen, as a semi-finished product (fillet, individual parts). It is used in clinical nutrition. Its meat is very well absorbed by the body.
Use this fish regularly. This will reduce the risk of cardiac arrhythmia. It contains a powerful natural antiseptic that helps your body cope with bacterial diseases, strengthen the immune system. Pike meat also helps to compensate for the lack of B vitamins in the body. Using this product for food is the right way to prevent flu.
With pike you can cook a lot of delicious dishes. You can salt and smoke it, stew it, fry it in a frying pan or grill. There are more than 60 recipes for a variety of dishes that use the meat of this fish. But the most common dish is stuffed fish. This is a traditional Jewish national dish. And about him it is still ahead.
Baked Pike Recipe
- half a lemon
- various seasonings
- vegetable oil and salt
- pike is of medium size.
- Peel the fish from the tail to the head (fins, head, cut off the tail). Gut her.
- If you are preparing a large pike, then place it for 20 minutes in water with vinegar (1 tablespoon of vinegar in 1 table of water) so that the smell of mud disappears. Small fish can cook right away.
- Rub the fish with salt, seasoning. You can use sets of dried herbs, pieces of red pepper, ready seasoning for fish.
- Lubricate the form with vegetable oil and fill the carcass with it, but only a little so that a crust will form when baking. Put half a lemon under the ribs and on top or just pour lemon juice.
- Put in a well heated oven (up to 200 degrees) for 30-35 minutes. At the time of baking affects the size of the pike. The main thing is not to dry the dish in the oven.
- Decorate the finished dish on top with freshly sliced lemon pieces (the top lemon pieces, as a rule, dry out, giving away the juice) and greens. Put the baked fish on a plate, serve with a side dish of vegetables.
Pike baked in foil
- pike is not very large (about 700 g)
- 100 grams of rye bread
- 1 tbsp. of milk
- 1 egg
- 2-3 medium onions
- greens (to taste)
- salt and pepper (also to taste).
- Soak bread in milk.
- Peel the fish, remove the gills, cut off the head, leave the fins.
- Make neat cuts in a circle, carefully separate the skin from the fish. It should be removed quite simply. Do not throw away the skin, but just set it aside for a short while.
- At the base of the pike tail, cut the bone, remove all the insides with bones.
- Through the meat grinder, skip the meat several times.
- Grind bread and onions in a blender. Separately crumble the greens. Mix all this with minced fish. Break the egg there too. Add salt, pepper and again mix everything thoroughly.
- Stuff the skin with a pike. This should be done very carefully, as the skin can be torn.
- Place the fish on a baking sheet. Pre-baking tray is desirable to cover with foil. Attach the previously set aside head to the fish. Grease the fish with mayonnaise, wrap in foil.
- Bake the stuffed pike in an oven heated to 180 degrees for about 1 hour. Do not remove the foil from it until it becomes warm.
- Now you can decorate the pike. To do this, you can use lingonberries, cranberries, mayonnaise (to draw mesh or patterns on it).
Stuffed pike baked
- small pike (about 600 g)
- 1/3 of the long loaf
- soaked in milk
- 1 egg
- a piece of butter (30 g)
- 1 onion, salt, pepper
- lemon juice.
- Clean the fish, remove the gills and eyes. Beat off the carcass slightly with a wooden spatula so that the skin is easier to take off. Then cut off the head. Remove all entrails.
- Make cuts between the skin and the meat, remove the skin with the stocking. Trim the meat near the fins so that they remain with the skin. Break the ridge of the tail. Separate the remaining meat from the skin. Put the hide aside, do not forget to remove it.
- Meat, removed from the ridge and skins, along with onions and bread, skip 3 times through a meat grinder. Put the softened butter and the egg in it. Do not forget to pepper and salt. You can add some chopped green onions, grated carrots. Although not required. Beat so as to obtain a fluffy mass.
- Mince fill the skin, head. Fill is not very tight, otherwise the skin may tear and burst when baking.
- Cover the baking sheet with foil. Put the line leaves on the foil and place the stuffed skin on them. Attach the head to the body (if cut off). Top pike salt a little and pour lemon juice.
- Put the pan in the oven for 1 hour at a temperature of 190 degrees.
- Decorate the fish with lemon slices in a circle. Serve the dish with sauce, fried potatoes, various canned foods, salads with fresh vegetables, etc. All this is at your discretion.
Pike - a dish for those who "sit" on a diet. But, in addition, it is the most suitable fish for the post. She is loved in the monastic kitchens. And in the baked form, it also almost does not lose its useful properties. Add to this the fact that it can be stuffed. This is not only a dietary, lean and medicinal dish, but also festive. Guests will love it!