Many of us often recall our childhood and visits to our beloved grandmother in the village. We mainly enjoyed the gifts and various delicacies that we prepared. One of these delicacies with a taste of childhood to this day remain the pies with onions and eggs. Today we will tell you about the secrets of cooking delicious grandmother's pies and share only the best recipes.
Pie with egg and onion: calories and cooking secrets
In the classic version, pies with onion and egg filling are made from yeast dough. When milk, yeast, wheat flour is added to the dough, the caloric content of the finished product will be approximately 261 Kcal per 100 g.
If you adhere to a dietary ration, then this is not a reason to deny yourself such pleasure. You can significantly reduce the calorie content of the finished dish, if you cook lean dough, water-based and without eggs, while baking pies in the oven, and not in a pan. A dish will be completely dietary, if you slightly modify the usual egg-onion stuffing and put, for example, rice instead of eggs.
But sometimes you can pamper yourself with your favorite children's treat and try one or two patties with onions and eggs. Experienced housewives are happy to share their secrets of cooking delicious lush and golden pies:
- for the preparation of the filling, you can use shallots, leeks, batun or ordinary onions;
- so that the onions are juicy and rather soft, they can be lightly fried in butter beforehand;
- will give dill a delicate flavor to the pies, so add a few sprigs of fresh herbs to the filling; if you like, you can replace it with parsley;
- If you do not have time to make pies, make a whole pie with onion and egg filling;
- yeast, flaky and lean dough can be used for pies with such a filling;
- if you bake pies in the oven, then their surface must be lubricated with whipped egg yolk;
- pies can also be fried in a frying pan or in a saucepan;
- for baking pies with an egg-onion filling, only refined oil is suitable;
- if the pies were fried in a pan, they should be laid out on a paper napkin to remove excess oil.
Fried pies with onion and egg filling
The most common way of making pies with onion and egg filling is to roast them in a pan. While you make the rest of the patties, the first batch of pastries will be ready. This way of frying pies is very convenient if you urgently need to cook something for breakfast or just for tea.
- fresh pressed yeast - 25 g;
- granulated sugar - 1 tsp;
- warm filtered water - 250 ml;
- 1 pinch of salt;
- chicken eggs - 6-7 pcs .;
- wheat sifted flour - 5 tbsp .;
- 2 onions;
- fresh greens;
- onions (batun, leek or shallot);
- vegetable oil;
- Table vinegar with 9% concentration.
- To begin with, you should prepare all of the above components for both the dough and the onion and egg filling.
- Chicken eggs should be boiled in lightly salted water so that they are better cleaned from the shell. For the filling, they must be hard boiled. Boiled eggs should be cooled and cleaned.
- The bulbs must be cleaned and cut into thin half-rings.
- In a small amount of vegetable oil to fry chopped onion. When ready, it should be a little salt.
- Boiled chicken eggs need to grind small cubes.
- Fresh greens, including onion sprigs, must be washed and dried, and then cut.
- All prepared ingredients for the filling should be transferred to a deep container and stirred.
- The filling can be set aside and get to work with the dough.
- Put pressed yeast into an enamel or glass container.
- In a bowl with yeast, you should add table vinegar with 9% concentration, raw chicken egg, ½ tbsp. sifted flour, warm filtered water, granulated sugar and a little salt. All ingredients need to mix well.
- Next, the remaining sifted flour to pour in small portions and continue to knead the dough.
- Knead the dough should be put in a warm place for about 15 minutes. It should be a little sticky.
- On a flat surface, for example, on a chopping board, you need to put a little vegetable oil, put the dough and cut it into small pieces.
- In the center of each tortilla you need to lay out the egg-onion filling and make a pie.
- Pancakes need to be fried in a frying pan with added vegetable oil
- Fried patties with onion and egg filling can be served with sour cream or cream.
Fluffy patties from the oven
The principle of cooking such pies differs only in the method of heat treatment. Stuffing for pies with onions and egg, baked in the oven, is prepared in the same way as described in the previous recipe. You can use for pastry sweet or puff pastry. If you want the baking to be airy and porous, take yogurt to make the dough.
- filtered water or kefir - 340 g;
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable oil;
- chicken eggs - 6-7 pcs .;
- some salt;
- a bunch of green onions;
- butter - 180-200 g;
- instant dry yeast - 1 pack;
- sifted flour - 4-5 tbsp.
- Sifted flour should be poured into a deep enamel or glass bowl.
- Add dry yeast to the flour and mix these ingredients thoroughly.
- Then you need to add slightly warm filtered water, sugar, vegetable oil, 1 raw egg and a pinch of salt.
- Knead the dough and put to approach.
- After 15-20 minutes, the approached dough should be slightly set aside and wait until it rises again.
- To make the filling, boil the eggs and cut them.
- Green onions (leek, batun or shallot) should be washed and dried, and then cut into small pieces.
- Chopped green onions should be added to the egg mass, lightly salt and mix.
- Make small cakes out of dough and roll them out a little.
- In the center of each cake from the dough you need to put the prepared stuffing and connect the edges of the pie.
- Putty patties must be laid out on a baking sheet, previously covered with parchment paper.
- The surface of each patty needs to be smeared with whipped yolk.
- Bake pies with onions and eggs should be within half an hour at a temperature of 180-190 °.
How can you diversify the filling?
If you want to surprise your household and pamper them with gourmet pastries, try making your favorite pastry with onion and egg filling fried in a pan, modifying them silently. In this case, you can experiment with the filling.
So, onion-egg mass can be added:
- boiled rice;
- fried, pickled or boiled mushrooms;
- boiled or roasted chicken meat;
- various seasonal greens;
- liver paste.
As you can see, there are many recipes for cooking classic pies with green onions and boiled eggs. They remind many of us of childhood, besides they can be baked quickly and simply at home. Consider the advice of experienced housewives, choose the best recipe and conquer culinary horizons. Enjoy your meal!