Many housewives try to pamper their households, so they cook delicious and original dishes. No tea party is complete without fragrant baking. Why not cook pies in the oven with cabbage today? In this article we will share with you only the best recipes for pies with a simple, but at the same time delicious and well-loved stuffing.
How to bake patties with cabbage in the oven: cooking tips
Cabbage pies are considered a versatile dish. It can be a great addition to your daily table or picnic. Many housewives prefer to cook such pastries for tea. In the classic version, stewed cabbage is chosen for the filling, but you can use sauteed or spicy white cabbage.
Even a novice cook will be able to bake delicious patties with cabbage in the oven, and the advice of experienced housewives will help make this baking fragrant, fluffy and appetizing:
- To make the dough porous and lush, instead of water it is best to use warm milk with an average concentration of fat.
- Flour should definitely sift. It should be only the highest grade. To check the quality of the flour, it is possible to slightly moisten a pinch with water, even in this form it should remain white.
- The dough for baking in the oven should be kneaded on the basis of high-speed dry yeast.
- Sugar should be added in strict accordance with the indicated proportions, since its excess can affect the flourish of the dough, and also in the process of baking cakes can be burnt.
- The surface of the pies before baking is best smeared with whipped egg yolk.
- Baking paper or another form is recommended to cover with baking paper, and in turn lubricate it with creamy softened or melted butter.
- Bake pies with cabbage in the oven should be at a temperature of 180 ° for 40 minutes.
- To make the pies easy and porous, before baking, they must first stand in a warm place.
Cabbage Brass Cakes: A Step-by-Step Recipe
Lush and appetizing are cakes made from dough prepared on kefir basis. Many housewives love to use sauerkraut for the filling. In this case, it must first be squeezed out to eliminate excess liquid. Also, the filling should not be cold, otherwise the dough may not rise.
- fatty kefir or sour milk - 0.2 l;
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- 100 g of vegetable oil;
- dry yeast - 10-11 g;
- 1 tsp. salt;
- sifted flour - 600 g;
- sauerkraut - 0.5 kg.
- Before you do the dough, sauerkraut must be slightly squeezed and put on a colander to glass the excess liquid.
- To prepare the dough, take a deep enamel or glass container and put dry yeast and granulated sugar into it. Dry components need to be poured with slightly warm water (literally cover the yeast) and leave to swell.
- In a separate container it is necessary to pour kefir or sour milk, add the remaining part of granulated sugar and vegetable oil. All components must be thoroughly mixed and slightly heated.
- In the warm oil-kefir mass you need to add swollen yeast. All ingredients must be thoroughly whisk.
- Then in the liquid mass should be added table salt. The amount of this ingredient depends on the degree of salinity used for the sauerkraut filling.
- Gradually you need to pour the sifted flour and knead the dough, it should turn out alive and non-sticky.
- After the dough is kneaded, it should be left at rest for 15-20 minutes. Then it should be cut into cakes, which should be slightly rolled out.
- In the middle of each circle of dough, you must lay out cabbage filling and blind edges.
- Put baked pies seam down on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. The surface of each patty must be smeared with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake sauerkraut patties in the oven for 40-50 minutes. Temperature range should be 180 °.
Add an egg - get gourmet pastries!
You want to surprise your family with exquisite and original pastries, try baking yeast patties with cabbage in the oven, adding melted butter and a boiled egg to the filling. Believe me, it will turn out not only tasty and satisfying, but also useful.
- sifted flour - 2.5-3 tbsp .;
- vegetable oil - 4 tbsp. l .;
- dry yeast - 7 g;
- warm milk - 250 g;
- sugar - 1 tbsp. l .;
- 1.5 tsp. salt;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- butter - 50-60 g;
- fresh white cabbage - 0.5 kg;
- a mixture of peppers.
- Chicken eggs should be boiled hard-boiled in lightly salted water.
- Boiled eggs need to be cleaned and cut into small cubes.
- Cabbage should be chopped and boiled. Boiled cabbage should fold in a colander.
- In a deep glass container, you must mix the chopped eggs and boiled cabbage, add seasoning.
- In a separate enamel or glass container should mix warm milk, dry yeast, granulated sugar and 1 tbsp. l sifted flour.
- Opara should brew in a warm place for about 10-15 minutes.
- In the brew should be added table salt and vegetable oil, mix everything well.
- Gradually, pour the sifted flour into the liquid mass, kneading the dough with your hands. It should be light, fluffy and porous.
- Knead the dough must be put in a dish greased with any vegetable oil. In this form, you should leave the dough to infuse for 1-1.5 hours.
- Then, from the total mass of dough, you need to take small pieces and make cakes, slightly rolling them.
- In the middle of the cake should be put the stuffing, and then close up the edges of the pie.
- Putty patties must be laid out on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. The surface of each patty should be abundantly smeared with beaten egg yolk. If desired, they can be sprinkled with sesame seeds.
- Bake pies with cabbage filling should be in the oven at a temperature of 180-190 °. Baking time averages 25-30 minutes.
Puff pastries - it's delicious!
Pies with cabbage puff pastry can be prepared quickly and easily. Not everyone can knead puff pastry on their own, so you can buy a ready-made base. Today, it is easy to find frozen dough at any grocery store.
- ready-made puff pastry (frozen) - 400 g;
- fresh white cabbage - 400 g;
- carrots - 1 pc .;
- 2 onions;
- vegetable oil - 2-3 tbsp. l .;
- salt and pepper mixture.
- Puff pastry should be defrosted beforehand in a natural way.
- The cooled dough should be divided into layers.
- When the puff pastry sheets are completely thawed, they should be cut into portions and rolled out according to the size of the patty.
- Cabbage, onions and carrots should be chopped.
- Fry the onions and carrots in vegetable oil, then add the chopped cabbage to the browned vegetables.
- In this form, the vegetable stuffing should be stewed for 15-20 minutes, and at the end add a mixture of peppers and salt.
- On the blank for the pie you need to lay out the stuffing and wrap the edges. The most convenient way to make triangular pies.
- Baking should be covered with baking paper, and then put it on the glazed cakes with cabbage filling.
- The surface of each patty can be smeared with whipped egg yolk.
- It is necessary to bake such pies in the oven at a temperature of 180-190 °.
- Delicious cakes with cabbage puff pastry will be ready in 25 minutes.
As you can see, it’s pretty quick and easy to make your favorite treat with cabbage filling. Especially since you can use ready-made yeast or puff pastry. You can add pickled or fried mushrooms, greens, boiled egg and even meat fillet to cabbage filling. Enjoy your meal!