Homemade pastries are considered the most delicious, and cabbage pie on kefir is a simple and fast pastry “invention” of our time. Today we will share only the best recipes and secrets of cooking delicious cabbage pies.
The dough made on a kefir basis, is famous for its taste, as well as its crispness and tenderness. Tips from experienced chefs will help you prepare a genuine confectionary masterpiece:
- for kneading such a dough, it is best to take fatty kefir (about 2.5%) or sour homemade milk;
- kefir base can be replaced with unsweetened yoghurt, sourdough or table mayonnaise, but then the taste of the finished baking will be significantly different;
- for the preparation of the filling, you can use fresh or sauerkraut;
- if you use fresh cabbage, then the cabbages should be small, and best of all young;
- so that the filling was juicy, cabbage can be pre-slightly mashed until it lets the juice;
- fresh cabbage should be stewed in vegetable oil;
- You can add various vegetables, mushrooms, meat fillets, smoked meats and even fish or seafood to the cabbage filling;
- when baking cakes from dough on kefir, the oven does not need to be opened too often, especially the first 15 minutes, otherwise the dough will not rise or completely drain;
- To make baked ruddy appetizing crust, the surface of the baking dish should be greased with whipped egg yolk;
- bake cakes from such dough can be in any form, including silicone;
- to make the cake better cut and not crumble, cut it in portions hot or with a heated knife.
Pie with cabbage on kefir: fotoretsept
In the life of the hostess such a pie called cabbage charlotte. It is quite easy to cook, while the dough is lush and porous. You can use fresh or sauerkraut for the filling. By analogy, a pie with cabbage and an egg on kefir is prepared.
- sifted flour - 250 g;
- vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. l .;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- fatty kefir - 250 ml;
- 2 tbsp. l mayonnaise of any fat content;
- ½ tsp table soda;
- white cabbage - 300-400 g
- Cabbage should be chopped, and then fry in vegetable oil or butter. You can add carrots and onions.
- In a deep enamel or glass container, you must pour the kefir.
- In kefir mass need to add table soda and drive in eggs. Using the whisk all components should be mixed.
- Then you need to add a little salt and stir again.
- It is necessary to put mayonnaise of any fat content into the liquid mass and mix everything again.
- Gradually pour the sifted flour into the kefir mixture, constantly kneading the dough with a spoon or whisk.
- The dough should be porous, but without lumps. The consistency it turns out watery, like pancakes.
- At the final stage, add vegetable oil to the dough, and then mix everything again with a spoon or a whisk.
- A baking sheet or a special form should be lubricated with creamy softened butter (it can be vegetable) and pour part of the dough into it. Then you need to put cooked cabbage filling.
- The remaining dough must be poured on top of the filling.
- Top baking cake should be powdered with breadcrumbs. Their number can be determined independently.
- Bake necessary cabbage pie in the oven, the temperature is 190 °.
- After about 40 minutes, you can serve the baked cake to the table.
Cabbage pie in a slow cooker? This is real!
Many housewives have already filled up their kitchen arsenal and purchased a slow cooker. Indeed, this kitchen appliance is considered versatile and indispensable. In a slow cooker, you can bake a delicious cabbage pie. And if you are sorely lacking free time, or unexpected guests are about to descend, then a lazy pie with cabbage on kefir is at your service. You only need to mix all the ingredients, and the rest is the work of the multicooker.
- white cabbage - ½ head;
- 1 onion;
- carrots - 1 pc .;
- fatty kefir - 250 ml;
- 1.5 Art. sifted flour;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- Table soda - ½ tsp.
- First you need to do stuffing. Cabbage should be chopped, and carrots and onions should be peeled and then chopped.
- Vegetables must be sautéed in vegetable oil until the cabbage softens.
- In a separate enamel or glass container you need to mix fatty kefir, a little salt and chicken eggs.
- Then, sifted flour should be poured into the kefir base, and then table soda, slaked with 9% vinegar. All components must be thoroughly mixed.
- In cooked dough, you must put the cooled cabbage filling and mix everything.
- Multi-cooker container should be lubricated with vegetable or butter and send prepared dough into it.
- Depending on the model and power of the multicooker, you need to select the appropriate mode. The program "Baking" is best suited. The timer must be set to 1 hour.
- The finished pie with cabbage filling should be laid out on a dish and served to the table, pre-cut into portions.
Hearty pastries for the dinner table
If you want to diversify your usual diet, then why do not you bake a cabbage pie with meat? You can cook such a dish quite quickly and without much material costs. In addition, the pie with cabbage and minced meat on kefir will serve as a separate dish, as well as additional to any side dish.
- white cabbage - 0.5 kg;
- 3 chicken eggs;
- 1 tbsp. table mayonnaise;
- fatty kefir - 250 ml;
- table soda - 1 tsp;
- salt, pepper mixture;
- minced meat - 400 g;
- 8 tbsp. l sifted flour;
- vegetable oil for greasing pan.
- In a separate enamel or glass container should be mixed kefir, chicken eggs and mayonnaise.
- Then it is necessary to add table soda to the resulting mass and mix everything again.
- Sift flour should be added to the liquid mass, whisk everything, so that no lumps remain.
- Cabbage must be chopped and then blanched for 1 minute in salted boiling water.
- If a meat fillet is used to make a cake, it must be twisted in a meat grinder. Ready stuffing should be fried in vegetable oil.
- In a separate container you need to mix the steamed cabbage, greens and fried minced meat.
- The baking sheet or the form must be oiled or covered with baking paper.
- In the prepared baking sheet you need to pour out half of the dough and pour the filling.
- The rest of the dough should be poured on top of the filling and slightly smoothed with a spatula.
- It is necessary to bake a pie with cabbage and meat stuffing on average half an hour. Temperature in the oven should be 180-190 °.
Many of us fell in love with cabbage pie in childhood. After all, it was this kind of baking that was greeted by our grandmothers when we came for the holidays. As you have seen, today you can, without much expense and effort, bake cabbage pie. To do this, you can use the oven, slow cooker or bread maker. Mushrooms, greens, smoked meats, seafood, fish fillets, etc. can be added to cabbage filling to taste. Treat your household to delicious and fragrant pastries today. Enjoy your meal!