Delicious, fragrant and delicious pastries used to be considered the hallmark of the French. Now, each hostess can bake the original and delicious pie jellied with cabbage. There are many recipes for making jellied cakes, but they are united by culinary subtleties and secrets, which will be discussed today.
Cooks tips: how to bake a fast jellied pie with cabbage?
Jellied cakes became a magic wand for modern housewives. Due to the lack of free time and vain rhythm of life for cooking almost no strength. That is why many women began to seek simple baking recipes in order to at least sometimes pamper their household.
One of the favorite delicacies of many became jellied pies. Experienced housewives tried many recipes and finally found a suitable one for themselves, but beginner confectioners should know some secrets and peculiarities of making such pies:
- kefir, sour milk, leaven, mayonnaise and low-fat sour cream can be added to the pie dough;
- flour must be sifted to make the dough porous;
- if you add baking soda to the dough, then it is not necessary to quench it with a bite, this function will be performed by a fermented milk product or mayonnaise;
- for the filling, you can take fresh or sauerkraut;
- Fresh white cabbage must first be heat treated: saute with other vegetables or blanch;
- the consistency of the fill dough should be similar to a pancake;
- the filling can be laid out on the bottom of the pan or the intermediate layer between the cake layers;
- if you bake separately jellied cakes, then you can put raw beans or whole peas on the dough - so they will not lose their shape;
- when baking, the oven does not need to be opened, otherwise the dough will drain;
- baking readiness can be checked with a wooden toothpick: the dough should not stick to it;
- seasonings, mushrooms, meat, smoked meats, seafood, canned foods, etc. can be added to the cabbage filling.
Cabbage Pie: recipe with photos
You can prepare such a pie in a hurry. If you don’t have kefir or yogurt on hand, then mayonnaise any fat content is perfect for mixing dough. You can bake the jellied pie with cabbage in mayonnaise in two ways: use fresh cabbage or stew for the filling.
- softened butter - 50 g;
- white cabbage - 0.5 kg;
- 6 tbsp. l mayonnaise;
- 5 g baking powder or soda;
- 3 chicken eggs;
- 6 tbsp. l sifted flour;
- vegetable oil;
- salt and seasonings.
- Cabbage must be chopped. If there are thick streaks in the head, they should be cut off.
- Chopped cabbage should be slightly wrinkled with your hands so that the juice appears.
- The baking pan or baking sheet must be greased with vegetable oil, and then put chopped cabbage on it.
- Cabbage should be slightly seasoned with salt and spices, as well as spread over the entire surface pieces of softened butter.
- In a separate enamel or glassware, mix mayonnaise, baking powder (baking soda), chicken eggs and a small pinch of salt.
- Then gradually you need to pour the sifted flour, stirring the dough. The finished dough consistency should resemble liquid sour cream.
- Put cooked dough into a baking pan or baking sheet on top of the cabbage filling, leveling it with a spatula or spoon.
- Bake jellied cabbage pie to be in the oven at a temperature of 180 °. Cooking time averages 40 minutes.
Cooking in a slow cooker
Multicooker will help you to significantly reduce the time for the preparation of jellied cabbage pie. By analogy, you can bake jellied pie with sauerkraut. The filling can be spread between the layers of dough or put it on the bottom of the multi-cooker bowl. Some housewives prefer to mix cabbage with dough and bake the cake in this form.
- white cabbage - 0.5 kg;
- 100 ml of vegetable oil;
- 1 tbsp. sifted flour;
- 100 g butter;
- 3 chicken eggs;
- 250 ml of sour cream;
- 1 tsp. sugar sand;
- 5 g baking powder or baking soda.
- Cabbage should be chopped, and then salt, slightly kneading hands.
- Then you need to blanch the cabbage or fry in vegetable oil until softened.
- In a separate dish should be put sour cream and drive eggs. Using a mixer, you need to mix these ingredients.
- In the resulting mixture you need to add baking powder or baking soda, granulated sugar, salt and softened butter.
- Sifted flour should be poured in small portions into the liquid base, constantly mixing the dough.
- Multi-cooker container must be greased with softened butter, and then put half of the cooked dough into it.
- On top of the dough to put cabbage. It is best to fold the cabbage after roasting in a colander so that the glass has excess vegetable oil and juice.
- Put the remaining dough on top of the filling.
- You need to bake the cake in the program mode "Baking". The timer should be set to 50 minutes. Time can be increased depending on the power of the multicooker.
- Ready jellied cabbage pie can be decorated with sesame seeds.
Tender and porous pastry on sour cream
Many hostesses prepare jellied dough on kefir or sour cream. In any case, the dough is very tender and porous. The main thing - during baking, do not open the oven door, otherwise the cake can sag. Want to diversify your diet, bake jellied pie with cabbage and minced meat. To prepare such a cake, you can take any meat fillet and twist it.
You can also make dough by analogy and bake the jellied pie with cabbage and egg. In this case, the cabbage is better to extinguish, and chicken eggs must be boiled hard boiled. To make baking piquancy and unique aroma, you can add dried herbs and spices to the filling.
- white cabbage - head of medium size;
- 3 tbsp. l mayonnaise of any fat content;
- fresh greens;
- 1 tbsp. sour cream;
- 1 onion;
- 250-300 g of sifted flour;
- butter - 100 g;
- salt, seasonings;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- 0.5 tsp. baking powder or baking soda.
- In advance, you should turn on the oven, setting the temperature mark 190 °.
- Cabbage need to chop, salt and slightly mash your hands.
- The onion should be peeled and cut into half rings or small cubes.
- On melted butter, sauté the onion and then add the chopped cabbage.
- Stew cabbage takes about 10 minutes. Then it should be mixed with chopped greens and add various seasonings to taste.
- In a separate enamel or glassware you need to mix sour cream, chicken eggs and mayonnaise. To do this, you can use a mixer, a whisk or a blender.
- Sifted flour should be mixed with baking powder, and then added in small portions to the slurry, constantly beating the dough.
- Baking sheet or form should be covered with baking paper or greased, and then lay out a portion of the filling dough.
- The next layer should be laid cabbage, leveling it with a spatula over the entire surface of the dough.
- The remaining dough must be laid out on the cabbage filling and also smoothed with a spatula.
- Bake the jellied cabbage pie is necessary in the oven for about 45-50 minutes. Serve a pie better cold.
You can choose any recipe and cook the jellied pie. As already mentioned, jellied dough can be used to make pies with various fillings - sweet, fruit, smoked, vegetable, meat, mushroom. Enjoy your meal!