Cucumbers are very useful fresh. What about canned cucumbers? After all, you want and in the winter to eat their vitamins and nutrients? How to keep it all in cucumbers?
To do this, try to use the cold method of pickling cucumbers!
Cold Cucumber Pickle Recipe
- Cucumbers - 2 kg
- Garlic - 3 cloves
- Black currant leaves - 3 pcs
- Cherry leaves - 3 pcs
- Horseradish Sheet - 1 pc
- Dill - a few twigs
- Black pepper (dried) - 8 pea
- Mustard - 1 tsp
- Salt - 3 tbsp. l (with a slide).
- We choose medium-sized cucumbers, rather small or medium sizes.
- In the sterilized three-liter jars on the bottom put a sprig of dill, chopped leaf of horseradish, a clove of garlic, a little black pepper, currant leaves and cherries.
- Well-washed cucumbers should be put in jars as tightly as possible. In the middle of the cucumbers put another clove of garlic. Put the third clove of garlic on top.
- 3 tbsp. l salt diluted in slightly warm water (1 l.). Pour cucumbers into this jar with this pickle.
- Add dry mustard on top.
- Of course, few people would prefer to cook one can of cucumbers, therefore the same is done for other cans. The number of ingredients multiplied by the jars.
- Banks with ready cucumbers are covered with light lids.
- Now cucumbers should be allowed to stand for about five days. To do this, put them on the windowsill (no need in a cold place!) And make sure that the brine does not pour out of the cans. During fermentation, this should be. Therefore, place a container under the jar or place a rag.
- Muddy brine after 4-5 days should become more transparent. On cucumbers the small deposit should appear. Now we proceed to the following:
- We are preparing covers for seaming the cans. On the banks with cucumbers we put on special covers with holes. Turning the can upside down and pouring out all the muddy water from it, after shaking the cucumbers in the cans well.
- We fill the lack of water with water from the tap. We put on the cover with holes, and shaking the contents well, pour out the water. We do this several times until the cucumbers are thoroughly washed from the muddy sediment.
- The last time we pour water and make sure that there are no air bubbles between the cucumbers. If they are formed - knock on the banks, and they will rise up and burst.
- Now close the cans with lids, roll up for the winter.
- In this recipe, it is important that there is no air in the jar! Therefore, the lid should closely adhere to the water in the can!
- Put the cucumber jars in a visible place and see that the lids are not swollen. If this happened, then there was air left. It will be necessary to remove the cover and correct the defect.
- Banks of cold-cooked cucumbers can be stored not necessarily in the refrigerator, but in any relatively cool place.
- Cucumbers can be opened in 2-3 months. They can be stored in closed banks for up to three years.
The taste of cucumbers, cooked in a cold way of salting, is obtained as in pickled or salted. They are crunchy, which your children and you will like very much! Be sure to try this recipe! Do not be afraid that you have to tinker with it! You will be satisfied with the results!