Rassolnik is a hot, hot first dish on a sour-salty cucumber basis. This dish finally formed in the Russian cuisine rather late - only in the middle of the 19th century, the fixing of the name “pickle” belongs to him at about the same time.
- Beef - 300-400 g
- Pearl barley - 1 tbsp.
- Green peas - 1b.
- Pickled cucumbers - 2 pcs.
- Brine - ½ tbsp.
- Potatoes - 4-5 pcs.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Beef cut into cubes, wash 3-4 times in cold water. In a saucepan with a capacity of 4-5 liters pour water from the edge of 5-6 cm from the edge. Put the meat in the water, put on gas. When the water boils, remove the foam and immediately extinguish the fire. Over low heat you will get a beautiful transparent broth, and if it boils strongly, it will become cloudy. Beef cooks 60-90 minutes. Immediately put the bay leaf in the meat and pour half a teaspoon of fragrant seasoning, salt the meat a little, but note that the pickle and cucumbers are also salty.
- Pour a glass of pearl barley into a plate, rinse until the water is clear, cover with boiling water and cover. It is better to soak the pearl barrels immediately, as they put the broth, during which time it is good to steam. If you want to make a soup that is not too thick, add less pearl barley.
- When the meat is cooked, put the barley, it must be boiled for 20-25 minutes.
- Wash the potatoes, peel and cut into cubes, put in the broth when the barley is boiled for 15 minutes. Together with the potatoes, put green peas, drain water from it. Instead of canned, you can take frozen peas.
- Wash carrots and onions, peel, cut into small cubes. In a skillet, heat 1 tbsp. cooking oil and fry the vegetables.
- Cucumbers finely cut into cubes and put them in the broth along with carrots and onions. Add to the broth half a glass of cucumber pickle, salt to taste.
- When the potatoes are cooked, turn off the soup and let it stand for 10-15 minutes. Rassolnik is served with sour cream, decorated with greens on top.
Tips for cooking pickle soup:
- do not boil pickle too often, let its taste remain original
- do not cook at once a large portion, in a couple of days it will lose its unique taste
- pickled cucumbers take medium salted, do not put fermented cucumbers
- Be sure to pour in a little pickle, it is he who creates the taste of the soup.