Pea puree, and the traditional name is Fava, truly a dish of beauty and health. Peas have antioxidant properties - protects our cells from the damaging effects of the external environment, smoking and alcohol. It contains vitamin H - vitamin beauty, regulates the amount of sugar in the blood, the digestive and nervous systems, supports the normal condition of the skin and mucous membranes.
The composition of mashed peas
- Yellow peas (crushed) - 0.5 kg
- Onions - 1 pc
- Lemon juice - 3 tsp.
- Olive oil - 2 tsp.
- Black pepper
Cooking pea puree
- Rinse peas 3 times in cold water. Pour peas with a small amount of water when it boils, drain the first water. And then pour 3 liters of water and boil the peas until softened, about 2-3 hours.
- When the peas are cooked, chop it in a blender. Add black pepper, salt, olive oil and lemon juice, mix again.
- When the mash is cool, decorate it with fresh onions and olives, sprinkle with dill.
The subtleties of cooking pea puree
Pea mashed potatoes (porridge) are easy to cook, but not everyone knows the finer points of cooking:
- soak the peas before cooking in cold water
- cook the dish under a lid, on low heat
- do not add cold water, just boiled, otherwise the taste will deteriorate
- put salt already at the end of cooking
- mash hot peas to avoid lumps.
And how to cook a delicious soup or nourishing porridge from peas, read the article How to cook peas ?. Cook with pleasure, bon appetit!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru- Styusha