In Russia, pea groats were considered the second bread. What only our ancestors made from peas! Today, these culinary skills, unfortunately, confused. But some housewives still cook this cereal as a side dish. And how is pea porridge being prepared in the Polaris multicooker? That's the topic for today's conversation.
We remember the traditions of Slavic cuisine
As already mentioned, our ancestors considered pea groats just an indispensable ingredient in the preparation of many dishes. She was added almost everywhere: in side dishes, soups, pastries, etc. Modern housewives do not particularly like this porridge for one reason only - it is cooked for a long time.
And in vain! After all, a pea is undoubtedly a useful and nutritious grits. It contains so many trace elements and fortified substances that it is impossible to describe. And vegetarians consider peas to be their meat. The described croup contains a high concentration of protein, which is necessary for the muscles of the human body.
Pea groats are very popular with housewives who have already acquired a slow cooker. Manufacturers offer a wide range of such devices, and each of them has its own functional features. In this regard, a completely natural question arises - how to cook pea porridge in the Polaris multicooker?
In order to turn the original Russian dish into a real culinary masterpiece, which all households will enjoy with pleasure, carefully read the following tips:
- On sale there are two types of pea groats - whole and half. Taste qualities of these varieties are absolutely no different.
- Chipped peas are cooked much faster - pay attention to this when choosing cereals.
- Pea porridge in the "Polaris 0517" multicooker, as well as in devices with different markings, is prepared in the following modes: "Krupa", "Beans", "Plov", "Quenching", "Multipovar".
- Pre-pea grits are recommended to be soaked in filtered water for at least 5-7 hours.
- If you do not have time, add some baking soda to the filtered water. Soak the peas in such soda water and after an hour it can be boiled.
- To prevent pea groats from burning and sticking to the walls of the multicooker container, it can be smeared with creamy softened butter or a few drops of sunflower can be added.
- Salt pea porridge need almost ready-made. Salt will slow down the cooking process.
- Pea groats are boiled in plenty of water. At 2 tbsp. pea requires 5 tbsp. water.
- If the liquid boils out ahead of time, add a little more warm filtered water to the porridge.
- Grind pea porridge to a consistency of mashed potatoes by hand or with a blender.
- Do not add cream to the porridge. It will be tasty, but very high in calories, and the digestive system will then respond to discomfort. Butter or vegetable oil - what you need.
Cooking a traditional side dish
Now we will talk about how pea porridge is prepared in the Polaris multicooker. A recipe with a photo will help you to make mashed potatoes from this cereal of the leguminous family according to Old Slavic traditions, but only in a modern fashion. Please note that you can add absolutely any spices and spices in accordance with your taste preferences. Such porridge can be served as a side dish to baked, stewed or fried meat, fish.
- 300 g of pea groats;
- 750-800 ml of filtered water;
- to taste salt and spices;
- 40 g butter.
- We will prepare all the products. We prewash the pea groats 4-5 times, and then fill them with filtered water.
- In this form, peas insist 4-5 hours, and then filter.
- The swollen grits are thoroughly washed several times with running water.
- Put the pea groats in a multi-cooker container and fill it with water.
- Close the multicooker and select the program mode "Porridge", "Beans" or "Quenching".
- Depending on the selected program, set the timer. Cooking time for pea groats varies from 90 to 120 minutes.
- A few minutes before the end of the cooking program, season the pea porridge with salt and your favorite spices.
- Add the butter. We bring pea groats to the consistency of mashed potatoes using a mortar or blender.
New ideas for a family dinner
If you are bored with the usual dishes and you want to make a variety in the daily menu, try to cook pea puree with chicken. This unique dish combines meat and side dishes. With a slow cooker, you can cook it twice as fast. Choose any parts of the chicken carcass, but the fillet is best suited for this purpose. Select the appropriate program mode, for example Stewing, Porridge, or Baking.
- 0.5 kg of poultry meat;
- to taste refined sunflower oil;
- 1 onion;
- 150 grams of pea groats;
- salt and spices - to taste;
- carrots - 1 pc.
- Prepare pea groats as described in the previous recipe.
- Chicken meat is thawed, washed, dried and cut into portions.
- Peel carrots and onions, wash them.
- Shred vegetables.
- Pour the refined sunflower oil into the multicooker container.
- We send vegetables and poultry meat in a bowl.
- We set the desired program mode and passse the vegetables until ready.
- Then add the pea groats and fill with filtered water.
- Add your favorite spices. Salt seasoned dish at the end of cooking.
- Cook the pea porridge under the lid for 120 minutes.
- Before serving, we decorate the dish with sprigs of fresh greens.
Let us not neglect the traditions of Slavic cuisine and recall the age-old Russian dishes, which are distinguished not only by their exquisite taste and nutrition, but also by their miraculous wholesome properties. Season the finished dish with butter or vegetable oil. By the way, doctors say that it is pea groats that have a beneficial effect on the functioning of the digestive tract. Cook with pleasure and bon appetit!