Jellied pies are a real find for the hostess: their recipe usually includes 3-4 components, the dough itself is kneaded in a few seconds and does not require direct contact with the hands, and the product is made out before being sent to the oven very easily. That is why the recipe for batter for pies should be present in every culinary book.
Mayonnaise cake batter: a recipe and recommendations
First of all, you should pay attention to the selection of components: mayonnaise is best to use home, as you are fully confident. If you have to take the store, select the one in which there are no flavorings: you need the most classic of its kind - the egg. Fatness does not play a role, however, with its high percentage, it is recommended to remove 1 yolk from the set of components for the test.
- Large chicken eggs - 3 pcs.
- Mayonnaise - 300 g
- Flour - 150 g
- Salt - Pinch
- Sugar - 2 tbsp.
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp.
- The process of collecting ingredients is very simple, but it has some nuances that professionals advise to pay attention to: break eggs as gently as possible to separate the yolks from the proteins. Combine the last with salt and beat until you get a strong foam. It should be airy, not go into a state like cream - as soon as bubbles appear instead of liquid, leave it.
- Combine yolks with mayonnaise, whisk together. Add sugar to them. It is necessary only to ensure that the dough does not turn out completely bland, but if you wish, you can do without it - this is not the main component. Turn on the oven so that it warms up to 200 degrees.
- Gradually, add teaspoons of flour. Depending on the size of the eggs and the density of mayonnaise, it may take a little more or a little less. After you take half of the original volume into the bowl, pour in the whipped proteins, gently distribute in the mixture and add the rest of the flour (all the same teaspoons).
- Once the oven warms up, put baking powder into the dough, and then form a cake: pour the dough into the mold, add the filling, close with the remaining mixture.
It should be noted that the batter for a cake with fish and, for example, the batter for a cake with cabbage or other vegetables, are prepared in exactly the same way. What component will be based on it - mayonnaise or kefir - is mainly influenced only by the preferences of the cook. From the point of view of taste, the dough in mayonnaise is a little fatter, but otherwise it is not inferior to the kefir version.
Tender base for kefir pie
This recipe allows you to get even more bland, neutral taste, so that kefir dough is considered the most versatile and allows you to make pies with any filling. In addition, it is not as high in calories as well as less dense. But the most important point is not what basis you take, but what the consistency will be: it should resemble thick cream. Only in this case, the cake is perfectly baked.
- Kefir - 200 ml
- Flour - 160 g
- Salt - Pinch
- Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Chicken eggs - 2 pcs.
- Beat eggs with salt, add kefir and mix with a whisk or mixer at low speed for 3-5 minutes.
- Gradually add sifted flour, along with which you need to enter the soda. At the same time, continue to beat the dough so that no lumps form: the mixture should be perfectly smooth and even.
Professionals assure that it is not necessary to follow the recipe: if you wish, you can combine both options and make batter on kefir with mayonnaise, combining them in any proportions. In addition, some hostesses use natural yogurt without additives instead of kefir - it turns out to be an even more gentle, airy version, ideal for fruit fillings.
Secrets of lush and delicious baking
How to cook pies on a batter? In addition to the fact that all the ingredients are important to properly combine and remove, for a great result you need to take into account a few points. In particular, how exactly to connect such a dough with a filling, what can be filled with it and what is better not to work with.
- The most important point - the filling should go into the cake exactly in the form in which you would have eaten it without heat treatment. That is, boil potatoes and cabbage, meat, fish and mushrooms - chop and fry: any raw foods in this cake will not be processed thermally completely.
By and large, the list of ingredients is so universal that the cake can imply any kind of stuffing - from fruits and berries to minced meat or chopped fish. But here, it is impossible not to say that too wet filler will make the dough even more liquid, thereby interfering with its proper baking. As a result, the core may be damp, even if the crust is not just grabbed, but also acquired a golden brown shade.
- The most traditional are the pie with cabbage on a batter or a pie with fish (canned food): this stuffing is rather dry, although you must first hold the canned food in a colander to get the butter or brine from them. For better utilization of possible moisture, steamed rice is added to them, which works according to the sponge principle. If you boil it, put it on a paper towel after cooking and leave for 1.5-2 hours so that it becomes less wet.
- Also well-made nourishing pies on the batter with egg and onion, or with minced meat. It is advisable to fry the latter in a pan with carrots and onions, you can add tomato paste, and only then lay as a filling. Raw mince in a similar product can not bake.
- Cottage cheese will be a good variant of the filling, regardless of the percentage of fat content. Instead, you can use the cheese, which will remain soft and tender, and not turn into a crispy burnt layer. To give it an interesting taste, it is recommended to add garlic.
- Do you want to make pastries on a fruit batter? Give preference to their not too juicy varieties: for example, apples, pears or plums, or take candied fruits and dried fruits, which must first be scalded with boiling water 3-5 times, and not steamed. As for peaches, pineapples, strawberries, as well as citrus fruits, they contain too much moisture to get rid of. If you really want just such a filling, cut the fruit into pieces, spread it on parchment and send it to a hot (150 degrees) oven until a dark crust appears: i.e. the main part of the moisture should evaporate from the fruit.
As for the process of creating the cake, it is necessary to have a form with high sides, and it is better if it is detachable, because the product is very soft, and it is rather difficult to take it out of its usual capacity.
- Lubricate the form from the inside with vegetable or butter, pour exactly half of the dough, spreading it over the bottom. Put the stuffing so that there are free edges with a width of 0.5-1 cm, and the thickness itself completely covers the dough. Pour the rest of the dough on top, let it stand for a while, spreading, and send the form to the oven.
Baking the cake is carried out in 2 stages: first, it is done at a temperature of 200 degrees for 10 minutes. - such a move is necessary to grab the dough. Then the temperature is reduced to 180 degrees (170 - with additional convection) and wait another 30 minutes: in this mode, the dish will be baked from the inside. After the specified time, it is necessary to pierce it with a wooden stick in the center: if it does not pull the dough behind itself, the oven can be turned off, but the mold cannot be reached for another 20-30 minutes, thereby allowing baking to “reach”.
In conclusion, it should be said that such a dish can have several options: it is better to make a pie with batter and canned food from 2 parts, which cover the filling, and in fruit or cheese filler can be mixed with dough. Meat, fish or vegetable in the last 3-5 minutes. It is recommended to sprinkle with a mixture of grated Parmesan and Mozzarella, to which dry ground garlic is added, in order to give the baking a savory flavor.