An integral part of our childhood were trips to the city market for the next batch of aquarium fish and the obligatory purchase of chebureks, raised to the rank of ritual. And at home they were also often prepared, but the dough for pasties, as in pasties, did not work. And today, despite all the hot dogs and other fast foods, chebureks have not lost relevance.
Homemade pasties with a taste of childhood
Cooking dough for pasties is a straightforward process. It is easier to knead it than yeast pastry sponge dough. But the nuances are many. So we will open the veil of obscurity and share a proven recipe for making dough for pasties, like in a cheburek. This is choux pastry. It is gentle, pliable. It can be thinly rolled out, which will make the pasties tender, crunchy and do not lose their properties after cooling.
- water - 1.5 st .;
- Sunflower oil - 1 tbsp. l .;
- salt - 2 pinches;
- flour - 4 tbsp.
- minced pork - 200 g;
- minced chicken - 100 g;
- onions - 2 pcs .;
- boiled water - 4 tbsp. l
- In a deep bowl, add water, sunflower oil and salt. The butter will make our dough blister, it will look like puff. And as a result, we get the dough for pasties, as in cheburechnoy.
- Bring the solution to a boil over high heat.
- We transfer the slab mode to a minimum and slowly pour in 2/3 cup sifted flour.
- Over low heat, constantly stirring, kneading from the lumps, brew the dough. The result should be pasta with a texture resembling cottage cheese.
- Set aside the resulting mass and cool to room temperature.
- 2/3 flour consumed for brewing dough. In total, we need 4 cups of flour to knead the dough.
- Gradually add the sifted flour and knead the dough on pasties. It should be smooth, elastic, non-sticky.
- Wrap the prepared mass in cling film and leave to rest for 1-1.5 hours. Such a step contributes to the swelling of the dough, saturating it with oxygen, and producing gluten.
- Prepare the filling. Mix the pork and chicken mince in a bowl with high sides.
- Peel and wash the onions.
- Finely chop the onion and add to the stuffing.
- To make the filling inside juicy, add boiled water or broth to the meat with onions.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Dust the cutting table with sifted flour and begin to form a dish from childhood - pasties.
- We divide the common piece of dough into the same portion. Keep the dough covered with cling film to prevent drying.
- We roll each portion in a thin layer.
- With the help of various devices we will give our chebureks a regular shape to make a circle with a diameter of 12-14 cm.
- On the one hand, the billet evenly distributes the filling, not reaching 1.5-2 cm to the edge.
- We cover the second half with minced meat and crimp the rim with a fork in order to seal the filling well.
- Repeat all of these steps for all blanks.
- For frying, a deep fryer, a stewpan with a thick bottom, a container with high sides will suit. Preheat in a dish for cooking sunflower oil, which completely covers the bottom.
- To cook crispy, bubbly, delicious pasties, it is necessary to fry them on both sides until golden and brown crust.
- The finished product is laid out on a paper towel or grid to remove excess oil. Then shift the dish to serve.
Cooking dough for pasties, as in the market
Many believe that an egg should be included in the pasta for the pasties to become golden and crispy. But experienced chefs say that eggs will only dry our dish, and do not recommend to enter this ingredient. You can often hear: "You try, you put into the composition all the best, you put it on the preparation, but it does not work to create a good dough for pasties". Try kneading dough according to this recipe, and pasties will delight you with their airiness, tenderness and juiciness.
- filtered water - 4 tbsp .;
- fine sea salt - 2/3 tsp;
- soda - a small pinch;
- Vodka - 2 tbsp. l
- minced meat - 300 g;
- onions - 1 pc .;
- greens - a small bunch;
- water or broth - 2-3 tbsp. l
- In a large and deep bowl, mix until completely dissolved water, soda, salt and vodka.
- Gradually introduce the sifted wheat flour, mixing thoroughly, kneading from the lumps.
- Knead the dough so as not to stick to the hands. The dough should be soft, plastic, unforged.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and leave at room temperature to rest for 30-45 minutes.
- Prepare the stuffing for our chebureks.
- Diversify the dish by adding chopped greens to the minced meat.
- Form pasties and fry in hot oil.
- Serve crispy and juicy pasties hot with ketchup, favorite sauce or sweet tea.
Recipe from experienced hostesses
Someone just does not imagine the preparation of the dough without eggs. We share an interesting recipe, where the combination of products is chosen so that we get the desired dish with ease.
- flour - 3 tbsp .;
- egg yolk - 1 pc .;
- olive oil - 1/3 st .;
- salt - ½ tsp;
- carbonated water - ¾ Art.
- minced meat - 500 g;
- onions - 3 pcs .;
- milk - ¾ st .;
- salt, pepper - to taste.
- Carefully separate the yolk from the protein.
- Mix water, yolk, salt.
- Add olive oil.
- Portions, mixing thoroughly, enter the flour.
- Knead dense and homogeneous dough. Do not forget to give the dough to rest, and we start preparing the filling.
- You can buy ready-made minced meat or chop with a sharp knife small meat and onions, or twist everything in a meat grinder. It depends on taste preferences.
- Be sure to juicy stuffing add ice cold water to the meat.
- We form and fry chebureks, as described in previous recipes. We make sure that there are no gaps on the edges.
- Another tip: it is worth taking the fillings a little more in volume than the dough to form each pastern.
Having prepared golden bubbly crescent-shaped patties according to this recipe, we will surely please our loved ones with nourishing and juicy pasties, where the meat filling is more than dough.
As you can see, there are many ways to cook delicious and real pasties at home. For true gourmets, experiments with stuffing in the form of mashed potatoes, millet porridge, cabbage, and meat can be used, and different kinds of meat can be used. Enjoy your meal!