If guests soon come to you, and only potatoes and a couple of pieces of meat or cheese remain in the refrigerator, do not be upset. Prepare an accordion potato in the oven - this interesting and nutritious dish will not leave the guests hungry and will allow you to play the role of a hospitable host, not deprived of imagination.
How to choose products for potato-harmonicas?
Sometimes you just don’t have to choose products: what’s left is prepared from this. But if there is a choice, it is better to prefer fresh - so the dish will not lose its taste.
Potato tubers should be large, oblong, regular shape, without dents. If the potato has a greenish color, it contains substances harmful to health - it is better not to use it.
Traditionally, an accordion potato in the oven is cooked with meat (bacon) or cheese. But the filling may contain mushrooms, apples and other products - the imagination of the cook will tell you various options.
- Use stops to prevent cuts from getting too deep. To this end, you can use a tablespoon, putting a tuber in it, or two sticks of wood, inserting potatoes between them.
- No need to salt or pepper abundantly, as some toppings already contain spices.
- Cut off a small part of the tuber on one side, and make cuts on the other. Thanks to this technology, the tuber will stand steadily on the baking sheet.
- If young potatoes are taken for a dish, it may not be peeled.
- Feel free to experiment with the fillings. Potatoes are combined with many products, so you hardly risk spoiling the dish.
An accordion potato with bacon in the oven is a classic version of this dish. One large tuber will need 20-25 g of bacon. Count the number of tubers and fillings by the number of those present at the table.
- Peel the potato tubers, rinse well and make cuts.
- Bacon cut into thin slices so that they fit easily in the cuts.
- Add salt and pepper potatoes and place bacon slices in between.
- Put the prepared tubers on a baking sheet or in another container and send in a preheated oven for half an hour.
- You can check the readiness of potatoes with a fork or knife, which should easily enter the tubers.
- When the dish is baked, you can put small slices of cheese on the tubers and send them to the oven for a few minutes. Cheese is melted - it's time to take the potatoes out of the oven.
- You can serve lunch on fresh lettuce leaves, sprinkled with finely chopped greens.
Potato mushroom notes
An accordion potato in the oven can be cooked with mushrooms. Recipe with photos will help you create this culinary masterpiece from simple and satisfying products. Any fresh mushrooms are suitable for cooking. If you take dried, they must first be soaked in water and boiled, then dried on a paper towel and fry. Marinated mushrooms will do as well, but they should be washed and dried before cooking.
- Peel potatoes and make cuts.
- Prepared mushrooms chop into small pieces and fry in vegetable oil.
- Chop greens and put them in the tuber cuts along with mushrooms.
- Salt, pepper.
- Wrap the potatoes in the foil so that the filling does not fall out.
- Bake for half an hour.
Chicken & Apple Main Course
- several potato tubers;
- 200-250 grams of chicken breast;
- 1 tomato;
- a piece of bacon;
- 2 apples;
- a few cloves of garlic;
- salt pepper.
- Chop chicken breast, lard and tomato in thin slices.
- Peel garlic cloves and finely grate.
- Mix mayonnaise, spices, finely chopped greens and garlic.
- Peel potatoes and make cuts.
- Salt, pepper.
- Put the chicken, slices of tomato and bacon into the cuts.
- Cover the baking sheet with foil, spread out on it strips of fat.
- Put the prepared tubers on the bacon.
- Peel the apples, remove the cores and cut into small pieces.
- Sprinkle the tubers with apple slices and pour over the mayonnaise sauce.
- Wrap the potatoes in foil and put in the oven for half an hour.
- In order for the potato to form a crispy crust, it is recommended to slightly open the top layer of the foil 5-7 minutes before switching off.
- Serve the dish should be hot on sheets of lettuce, sprinkled with greens.
"Accordion" with cheese
Potato-harmonica with cheese in the oven is a juicy and tender dish that will not leave anyone indifferent. If there is no rosemary, as indicated in the recipe, you can put any greens to taste.
- several fresh potato tubers;
- hard cheese;
- Rosemary leaves.
- Wash potatoes, make cuts.
- Cut into thin slices of cheese.
- Put stuffing in the gap, alternating a slice of cheese with rosemary and a slice of butter.
- Each tuber wrap foil.
- Cook in an oven heated to 200 degrees for half an hour.
- Open the foil and turn on the "Grill" for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Original dressing will only improve the taste of the dish. For potato harmonicas in the oven, such variants of the sauce are perfect:
- sour cream. Peel the onions and garlic, finely chop and fry in a pan. Chop greens and mix roasting, greens and sour cream;
- cheesy. Finely grate cheese and mix with mayonnaise, herbs and garlic.
Exquisite hors d'oeuvre sauce "Bechamel"
This sauce requires a lot of time for preparation and a large composition of ingredients. But, if you are expecting guests, you can pay attention to it, so that the potato-accordion baked in the oven will be more refined and presentable.
- 50 g butter;
- 2 tbsp. l flour;
- 0.5 liters of milk;
- 1.5-2 Art. l breadcrumbs;
- 1 tbsp. l chopped nuts;
- 1 tsp. ground red pepper;
- spices (choose any herbs you like to taste);
- In a bowl, melt the butter and pour flour into it.
- Heat until mixture starts to foam.
- Stir with a whisk while pouring milk in a thin stream. Ensure that no lumps form in the sauce.
- Add spices, salt, heat for a few more minutes and remove from heat.
- Prepare the potatoes, as in previous recipes, before pouring into the oven, pour over this sauce and cover with foil.
- Mix the butter, nuts and red pepper and sprinkle with the mixture a dish 10 minutes prior to readiness, slightly opening the foil.
- The dish can be used both independently and as a side dish for fish or meat.
Potato-accordion in the oven will surely please your guests and loved ones. Cook this dish under the power of any hostess, the ingredients are available and uncomplicated. But the taste, nutritional and originality of serving the usual vegetables will not leave anyone indifferent.