Omelet - a dish that is perfect for lunch, breakfast or dinner. There is a huge variety of ways to cook an omelet. It is cooked with bacon and cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms. You can endlessly list all kinds of omelet fillings. But lovers of low-calorie dishes prefer omelet with zucchini, the recipes of which you will find in this article.
The secrets of delicious and lush omelet with zucchini
It would seem that difficult to prepare an omelet with zucchini? However, this dish is quite capricious, and in order to make an omelet really tasty, you need to follow some rules:
- use only fresh food - frozen zucchini is oversaturated with liquid and loses some of its beneficial properties;
- cover the omelet with a lid, if you fry it in a pan - so the dish will be more airy and fluffy;
- if you use grated zucchini, put them in the refrigerator for half an hour, and then drain the unwanted liquid;
- first squash zucchini fry better;
- use young zucchini - they are more delicate and have small grains;
- Do not use vegetable oil when cooking omelets, if you follow the shape and calorie content of the dish.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over moderate heat.
- Add onions and fry until golden brown, stirring occasionally with a spatula, about 4 minutes.
- Put the zucchini to the onions and fry until the excess liquid evaporates (about 2 minutes).
- Put the finished vegetables on a separate plate and cover with foil to keep the temperature.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, egg white and water until smooth.
- Wipe the pan, grease it with a small amount of olive oil and put on moderate heat.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and fry until the edges of the omelette are set.
- Gently pick the edge of the omelet with a spatula and let the raw part drain into the pan. Repeat the procedure until the omelette grabs. Salt and pepper.
- Put the vegetable mixture in half an omelet. Smooth with a spoon and season with Feta cheese.
- Using a spatula, lift the second part of the omelet from the pan and cover the vegetables. Fry for about 1 minute.
- Cut the finished omelette with a knife in half and serve with chopped parsley.
If you serve garlic croutons and slices of roast ham to such an omelet, a rich and tasty breakfast is guaranteed.
Squash omelet in the oven: recipe
- 2 tbsp. l milk;
- 1/3 Art. hard cheese;
- 6 pieces eggs;
- 8 pieces cherry tomatoes;
- 1 small squash;
- salt and black pepper to taste;
- 2 slices of bacon;
- 2-3 sprigs of green onions;
- 2 tbsp. l flour;
- Squash need to wash and cut into thin strips with a special knife.
- Cheese should be grated on a medium grater, tomatoes - cut into slices, onions - chopped.
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl, add the green onions, pepper, salt, milk, bacon, zucchini, flour and half the cheese. Mix well.
- Cover the baking dish with special paper or grease with olive oil. Pour the mixture into the prepared dish.
- Place tomato rings on top and lightly press. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Bake the omelet for 20-25 minutes. The finished dish should have a golden crust.
- Omelet should be cut into portions and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Omelette with zucchini and tomatoes, cooked in the oven, is especially tender and tasty. Fresh zucchini gives the dish a pleasant sweetish flavor.
Cooking in a slow cooker
- 1 small onion;
- 1 medium sized zucchini;
- 1 PC. chili peppers;
- 60 g cream cheese;
- 5 pieces. eggs;
- 5-6 pitted olives;
- ½ tsp salts;
- ¼ tsp ground pepper;
- 100 ml of cream;
- 1 tbsp. l olive oil.
- Onions need to be peeled and cut into half rings. Turn on the multicooker in the "Multipovar" mode at 130 degrees.
- Add olive oil to the bottom of the bowl and fry the onions for about 3-4 minutes.
- Zucchini should be cut into quarters and add to onions. Fry should be about 6-7 minutes.
- While the onion and zucchini are roasting, slice the olives, chili peppers, and cream cheese.
- Eggs, cream, salt, pepper should be whipped with a whisk. For taste, you can add dry thyme and oregano.
- Pour the egg mixture into the slow cooker and turn on the Omelet program.
- Put the remaining ingredients on top of the dish. Close the multicooker lid and cook the omelet for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve on a serving plate with green onions and parsley.
If you can’t spend too much time cooking omelet, the slow cooker will become an indispensable helper: it’s enough to lay all the ingredients and install the right program.
Omelet in itself is very useful, and in combination with zucchini - doubly. Proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins C and B, carotene, magnesium, potassium and iron - only a small fraction of the beneficial elements of this dish. If you stick to a healthy lifestyle and eat right, be sure to treat yourself to omelet with zucchini.