It is known that the omelet with vegetables first appeared in France. But some historians claim that this dish has deeper roots. In ancient times, Roman warriors loved to make scrambled eggs from well-whipped and then fried eggs in the morning. Since then, the dish has undergone many different changes and improvements.
Now there are a large number of omelet recipes: ranging from a classic dish with milk and flour, cooked in a pan, and ending with complex variations that are prepared in the oven or a slow cooker, complementing various ingredients.
Tasty omelette secrets
It may seem that scrambled eggs are the simplest dish, but in order to make it lush and tasty, some things need to be considered:
- To make a lush omelet, beat the whites separately from the yolks. So that the foam is stable, you can pre-cool the eggs.
- The amount of milk or other liquid must match the number of eggs. It turns out that for one egg you need 1.5 tbsp. l fluid. If there is too much milk, it will start to stand out and may spoil the look and taste of the food.
- It is flour that can make omelet fluffy. However, if you add it over measure, the dish will look like a regular cake. During the preparation of an omelet, which will then be stuffed with some filling, you need to add a little flour to increase the density, because the pancake can just burst and it will not work.
- Add a little sour cream, and the taste of the dish will become creamy.
- Cook all the vegetables for the filling. When raw vegetables are cooked, they begin to produce juice, so the omelet loses its fluffiness.
- Try to cook the stuffing in a separate pan. If you fry everything in one frying pan, the taste can be badly spoiled.
- Observe the exact cooking sequence. First, the vegetables are fried, then the eggs are beaten, flour and milk are added, and only then the filling is poured with this mixture. Greens can be sprinkled when the crust a little grab.
- Omelette, which is cooked in a pan, you need to immediately cover with a lid and leave it there until tender. It is important that there is a hole in the lid through which steam will escape.
What you can make an omelet: the types of stuffing
For the preparation of this dish, you can use any filling: vegetables, sausage, greens, cheese or mushrooms. Knowing how to cook an omelet with tomatoes from a minimum amount of products, you can make a real culinary masterpiece.
If we talk about the filling, you need to consider the following points:
- habitual vegetables complement peas, broccoli, eggplants, cauliflower or mushrooms;
- vegetables should be chopped very finely and be sure to stew a little in the pan until cooked;
- do not be afraid of frozen mixtures - they do not need pretreatment, because before packing all vegetables are peeled, cut, and then blanched;
- Frozen vegetables must first be defrosted and left for a few minutes in the pan to allow the moisture to evaporate, otherwise excess liquid will not allow the omelet to bake from the inside;
- Greens in cooking can be used to your own taste, in addition to the standard dill with parsley often used cilantro, basil or spinach.
Omelette, fried with vegetables in a pan
Most often, omelette is prepared in a conventional frying pan. The following recipe is very simple and suitable even for beginners.
- 2 eggs;
- 4 tbsp. l natural yogurt;
- 5 tbsp. l peas;
- ½ sweet red pepper;
- 1 shallot;
- 4 cherry tomatoes;
- ½ cloves of garlic;
- seasonings, salt.
You can use frozen peas. If you do not find shallots, take a tablespoon of chopped onions, preferably sweet.
- Finely chop the onion with garlic. Cut vegetables into small cubes (first remove seeds from the pepper). Cut the greens with scissors.
- Pour some olive oil into the pan, and then fry the garlic with onion.
- Add the vegetable mixture and stew for a few minutes.
- Beat the eggs, add the yogurt to them and mix.
- Fill the vegetables with egg mixture and cover with a lid.
- Bring to readiness, while trying not to fry an omelet too much.
Bake the omelet in the oven
- 1 onion;
- 1 pepper;
- 1 broccoli inflorescence;
- 1 tomato;
- 4 eggs;
- ¾ Art. milk;
- ¼ Art. grated cheese;
- Finely chop the pepper, broccoli and onion and put garlic through a press, and then fry everything in the pan for about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach to vegetables, leave it on medium heat for another 3 minutes.
- Now you need to beat the eggs, add milk and spices.
- Mix everything with vegetables, pour the mixture into a special form, sprinkle with cheese and lay out a beautifully chopped tomato on top.
- Prepare an omelet with vegetables in the oven at 180 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Omelet with vegetables is considered an excellent option for breakfast, especially since you can cook it with any filling, choosing only the most favorite foods. And doing this in a pan, in a slow cooker or oven, you can easily diversify the family diet, constantly creating new masterpieces.