Virtually every housewife loves cooking okroshka. This dish is considered to be very simple to prepare and turns out to be quite tasty. Okroshka became almost a national dish in Ukrainian and Russian cuisines. It can be cooked with various meats, sausage, kvass, water, kefir. Low-calorie has just hash on kefir, the recipe of which you will find in this article.
How to cook okroshka on kefir?
In order to make okroshka tasty, light and rich, during its preparation you need to take into account some peculiarities. Experienced cooks have their own secrets how to cook okroshka on kefir:
- kefir should be chosen with an average percentage of fat;
- if, after all, you have too much kefir on hand, it can be slightly diluted with boiled or mineral water;
- for cooking okroshka you need to use only fresh vegetables and pre-soak them in water - so they will get extra crispiness;
- if you like fatty dishes, boiled pork or beef can be added to the okroshka;
- Dietary diet supporters prefer to prefer chicken, rabbit or veal;
- boiled sausage, sausages or sausages can be added to okroshka;
- all ingredients for okroshka need to be finely chopped (knowingly the name of the dish comes from the word “chop”);
- Before pouring kefir into the bulk, it should be mixed with dressing;
- You can choose any dressing to your taste: traditionally vegetables are seasoned with sour cream with mustard, mayonnaise or boiled yolks;
- seasoning is necessary to give vegetables a spicy flavor;
- after you have filled up okroshka, you can pour kefir;
- if you plan to immediately serve okroshka to the table, then it is best to complete the cooking in no less than half an hour, because it is during this time that all the ingredients will have time to get filled with a special taste, and their structure does not split up;
- to taste okroshka on kefir, you can add a little sugar and vinegar.
Classic cooking method
Many of the fair sex during cooking necessarily take into account its calorie content. Okroshka on kefir will not too fat and moderately high-calorie, if you put in it boiled veal. Be sure to use kefir no more than 1% fat. Dilute kefir with water.
- boiled veal - 0.5 kg;
- potatoes - 5 pcs .;
- kefir - 2 l;
- chicken eggs - 4-5 pcs .;
- fresh cucumber;
- greens (dill and onion);
- Veal should be thoroughly washed, remove the film and boil until cooked.
- Boiled veal should be cooled and cut into small cubes. It is desirable that all the pieces are the same - so the dish is better soaked and will look beautiful.
- Boil the potatoes in a uniform.
- Boil the eggs, cool them in cool water.
- Take a deep pan or tureen in which you will mix all the ingredients.
- Crush (cut into small cubes) boiled potatoes and put in a tureen.
- Boiled eggs also cut into cubes (you can use a special mesh) and add to the potatoes.
- Pre-rinse the cucumber and radish thoroughly. To make the vegetables more crispy, you can soak them in cold water in advance. Vegetables also cut into small cubes.
- Put the chopped vegetables in a common pot.
- On request, you can make a mustard dressing with mayonnaise or sour cream. If you make such a dressing, then it must be mixed with all the cut ingredients before adding kefir.
- Pour kefir into the tureen and mix everything thoroughly.
- Chop the dill and green onions, and then add to okroshka. Mix everything well and refrigerate to infuse for about 30 minutes.
Okroshka on kefir and mineral water
Some hostesses like to cook okroshka on kefir with mineral water. This combination will give the dish an original and somewhat refined, one might even say harsh taste. Too fatty kefir should be mixed with mineral water in proportions of 1: 1. Be sure to use carbonated water. Hash on this recipe can be prepared without adding boiled meat. Often the housewives take boiled sausage or wieners.
- As in the classic recipe, you must first prepare all the vegetables, wash them thoroughly and dry them.
- Eggs and potatoes should be boiled until cooked, and then cut into small cubes.
- Radish and cucumber are also ground into cubes. To give the dish a rich taste, one cucumber can be grated on a coarse or fine grater.
- Be sure to in this okroshka should be a lot of greens. You can use dill, parsley and green onions.
- To make the taste more saturated and original, green onions need to be crushed and put into a stupa or a separate bowl. Try to suppress it well before the formation of juice. For the speedy release of juice onions need to lightly salt. In okroshka need to add onions along with the resulting juice.
- If okroshka on kefir with mineral water to your taste turned out to be too fresh, season it with mustard with mayonnaise or sour cream. To do this, mix in a separate dish a little mustard and sour cream, and then add this mixture to the dry ingredients.
- So that chopped vegetables and sausage are well soaked with this dressing, it is better to lay it out in a dish before adding mineral water and kefir.
Some housewives in this okroshka add a little lemon juice, then the taste of the dish is more saturated and original. Do not be afraid to experiment, you can add other vegetables to taste, because okroshka is considered to be exclusively a summer dish.
Diet options for cooking spring dishes
As is known, people who follow a dietary diet often cook okroshka. There are many different recipes, including vegetarian. Mono-diets bring only temporary results, but the diet in okroshka allows not only to diversify your menu, but also to saturate the body with necessary nutrients and minerals. The classic version of dietary okroshka is prepared on kvass.
But kefir promotes better digestion and improves metabolic processes. For the preparation of dietary hash on kefir is best to use low-fat dairy product. Just imagine that the calorie content of kefir on kefir is very low and is about 60 Kcal per 100 g. During the day, you can eat 1 kg and consume only 600 Kcal. This is good for losing weight and activity of metabolic processes.
Recipes for cooking dietary hash are varied. Instead of the usual ingredients, you can add:
- boiled shrimp;
- chicken breast.
It is best to diet okroshka cook with chicken breast. Boil the fillet in lightly salted water and chop. Shrimps also have a low calorie content, but mixing the two ingredients is not recommended. Favorable on the body, especially in the process of losing weight, affects lemon juice, so add a few drops of it to okroshka on kefir.
Okroshka is a favorite dish of almost every one of us, especially in the summer heat. As you can see, there are a huge number of recipes for its preparation. Okroshka on kefir favorably affects the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract and accelerates metabolic processes. You can add different vegetables to your taste and make any dressing. Be sure to before serving to the table the dish should be infused for half an hour. Okroshka served chilled.