A traditional English breakfast consists of oatmeal and a cup of black tea with a slice of bread. If your household is reluctant to eat oatmeal, then try to cook it in a slow cooker. The unsurpassed milky and even soft cream flavor of the familiar oatmeal will please everyone. Oatmeal in a slow cooker will be saturated and crumbly. Try different recipes, add new ingredients and create culinary masterpieces from ordinary products.
How to cook porridge in a slow cooker: some features
For cooking oatmeal, you can use both cereals and flakes "Hercules". Oatmeal porridge, cooked in a multi-cooker, is considered a dietary product that is well absorbed and contributes to the normal functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. This is the kind of porridge recommended for people suffering from diseases of the stomach, pancreas or liver. If you adhere to a dietary diet for the purpose of weight loss, then oatmeal will not only contribute to this, but will also saturate the body with essential vitamins and trace elements.
Cooking oatmeal in a slow cooker has some special features:
- As already mentioned, the basis can be oatmeal or flakes.
- Porridge can be boiled in water or with the addition of milk.
- A large amount of butter will give the finished oatmeal a delicious creamy taste. Be sure to use butter with a creamy oil, carefully grease the bowl of the slow cooker, and then, if desired, add it to the ready dish.
- Measure all the ingredients with a special measuring cup that comes with a slow cooker.
- As a rule, porridge with milk or water is mixed in proportions of 1: 3.
- If you want porridge to acquire an unusual creamy cream flavor and aroma, leave the multicooker for about 30 minutes at the end of the program. To do this, use the auto heating function.
- The oat flakes swell well and acquire a milky taste, if all the ingredients are put in the multicooker container in advance and set the appropriate program. At the same time, you can use the launch start option.
- Oatmeal is recommended to cook in the appropriate program, for example, "Cereals", "Rice-Cereals" or "Milk porridges" (the name may differ depending on the model of a multi-cooker-pressure cooker).
- If oatmeal in a Redmond multicooker is cooked in the Multipovar mode, then it will cook faster.
- Be sure to cook porridge before the end of a given program and let it brew under a closed lid for at least 10 minutes.
- Oatmeal goes well with other cereals, vegetables, fruits and even meat, so you can prepare not only healthy, but also delicious dish to the table.
Milk porridge: a classic recipe
Oatmeal, cooked with the addition of milk, will be an excellent full, hearty, nutritious and healthy breakfast. It is quite simple to prepare, and the whole process does not take much time. You need to prepare all the ingredients. If you add berries, dried fruits, raisins, jam, sweet syrup or honey, then it is best to do this when the porridge is fully cooked. All proportions in the above recipes are indicated in dimensional multi-cups.
- oatmeal or flakes - 1 tbsp .;
- a pinch of salt;
- milk of any fat content - 3 tbsp.
- Multicooker capacity grease thoroughly with butter. Do not be afraid to put more butter, because it will give the porridge a special taste.
- Pour oatmeal or grits to the bottom, pour in the milk and add a small pinch of salt. Butter can be added immediately or after giving a sound signal about the end of the program.
- All the ingredients mix and install the desired program. Depending on the model of multicooker, you can choose the mode "Rice-Groats", "Milk porridge", "Multipovar".
- If at the end of the program the oatmeal remains damp, you can set the mode "Quenching" or "Baking" for another 15-20 minutes.
- Do not immediately open the multicooker lid and let the cooked oatmeal stand for about 10-20 minutes - then it will have a rich milky taste.
- Serve the finished dish with the addition of chocolate, berries, candied fruits, nuts, honey, syrup or caramel.
Simple recipe for a delicious breakfast
If you stick to a dietary ration, then in a slow cooker, oatmeal can be cooked on boiled or filtered water. Oatmeal on water in a multicooker has a low calorie content and retains many fortified and nutrients. You can fill the finished porridge to your taste with any syrup, butter or sunflower oil. Such porridge will be an excellent side dish for steamed meat dishes, especially for people suffering from diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
- water - 3 tbsp .;
- oatmeal or flakes - 1 tbsp .;
- a pinch of salt.
- A bowl of multicooker can be greased with butter. To prepare a dietary dish, take sunflower oil or do not use it at all.
- Put oatmeal (flakes) on the bottom of the multicooker bowl and cover with water.
- Add a small pinch of salt and mix thoroughly.
- For cooking oatmeal on water, it is best to use special programs, for example, "Rice-Groats", "Buckwheat" or "Multipovar".
- Close the lid, set the time and cook until the end of the program.
- Cooked porridge can be served as a stand-alone meal for breakfast or as a side dish.
- Kashagirules on the water - a recipe
- How to cook a squash pumpkin?
Porridge oatmeal in a slow cooker: a variety of recipes
Many housewives love to experiment and cook delicious dishes with a savory and unusual taste. Oatmeal in a slow cooker can be cooked not only with milk or water. There are a huge number of recipes that will suit your taste. So, you can cook fatty and dietary meals. It all depends on the added ingredients. You can try to make porridge with various products:
- dried apricots;
- condensed milk;
- fresh berries;
- meat (pork or chicken);
- cheese (hard, melted or cheese);
- sweet pepper and onions;
- cabbage (broccoli);
- spinach or celery;
- beef and red wine;
- flax seeds;
- coconut flakes;
- fish, etc.
You can enumerate various recipes for cooking oatmeal in a slow cooker almost indefinitely - choose any. The main thing is, if you are cooking oatmeal with meat or vegetables, you must first fry them, choosing the program “Frying” or “Stewing”. Dried fruits, marmalade, orange zest, coconut chips, caramel and sweet syrup should be added after boiling whole cereal. Then you need to close the lid and let the porridge brew for about 10-20 minutes.
As you can see, you can cook delicious porridge in various ways. It is very convenient to do this in a slow cooker, because the porridge will not burn and it will turn out crumbly. If you want to cook a full-fledged garnish or a separate dish from oatmeal, you can add various seasonings. Dietary porridge is better to cook on the water - it has not only low calorie content, but also retains all the beneficial properties.