Each of us is familiar with the taste of the cake "Napoleon". This pastry has nothing to do with French pastries, since it was invented in our country in the 19th century. Prepare your favorite "Napoleon" in a pan with custard is quite simple. In this article, we reveal all the secrets and share only the best recipes for gourmet pastries.
As already mentioned, the recipe for the cake "Napoleon" was invented back in Tsarist Russia. This confectionery got its name due to its triangular shape: the cake resembled Napoleon's hat.
We are accustomed to the classic "Napoleon" - a cake made from puff cakes with custard. Unfortunately, not every housewife has enough free time and culinary skills, so not everyone can bake this cake at home. But even an aspiring hostess will be able to cook Napoleon cake in a quiche pan. Yes, you heard right, the cakes are baked in the pan.
A few simple tips will help you make a real confectionery masterpiece:
- To make puff pastry tasty and porous, add only butter. The higher the percentage of fat, the better.
- Roll the layers better from chilled, but not frozen dough.
- Baked cakes are stored for three days, so you can prepare them in advance.
- To make the cake as smooth as possible, we make chaotic punctures in several places before baking.
- The cream can be made any to your taste. The classic recipe involves smearing cakes custard.
- We grease the cakes with a cream abundantly and in no case press the upper flat cakes, otherwise they will break.
- The longer the cake is soaked, the tastier and softer it will turn out.
- Top of the cake can be decorated with coconut chips, chopped nuts or crumb, obtained from pieces of baked cakes.
Cake with the name of the French commander in the Russian way
We present to your attention the recipe of the most delicious cake "Napoleon" with custard, cooked in a pan. For these purposes, it is best to use a cast-iron thick-walled pan or container with a non-stick coating. Before baking each cake, we must remove the remaining oil and crumbs from the surface of the frying pan, otherwise the cake may burn, which will spoil its taste. Custard can be prepared according to any recipe. Also for the impregnation of such a cake often use toffee or whole condensed milk.
- 2 ½ tbsp. sifted flour;
- 1 tbsp. sour cream;
- 1 chicken egg;
- 1 tbsp. milk;
- 2 tbsp. sugar sand;
- ½ tsp baking soda;
- 0.2 kg of butter.
- In a separate bowl mix chicken egg with sour cream.
- Add 1 tbsp. sugar, baking soda and 1 tbsp. flour.
- Stir all the ingredients until a homogeneous consistency mass is formed.
- Next, in portions pour the sifted flour and knead the elastic dough.
- The resulting mass is divided into 6 or 8 equal pieces. The number of pieces is equal to the number of cakes.
- Each piece of dough is rolled out thinly, forming a cake.
- Heat a dry frying pan and lay cakes on it alternately.
- Fry every cake on both sides until ready.
- For the time being we set the baked cakes aside and proceed to the preparation of the cream.
- Mix milk in bowl, 1 tbsp. sugar and ½ tbsp. sifted flour.
- The prepared mixture is brought to a boil.
- As you cool down, add softened butter to the milk mixture and brew until a thick mass is formed.
- Cream grease abundantly every cake.
- We send the cake to the refrigerator for the night to soak.
Cooking delicious pastries in minutes
This recipe for cooking "Napoleon" with custard in a pan is very simple. All you need is a minimum of food and time. You can bake "Napoleon" even half an hour before the arrival of guests. The dough can be prepared in advance and stored in the freezer for 72 hours.
- 7 pieces chicken eggs;
- 3 tbsp. sugar sand;
- 0.2 kg of creamy softened butter;
- 0.6 liters of milk;
- 4 tbsp. sifted flour;
- 2/3 tsp. baking soda, slaked with 9% vinegar;
- a small pinch of salt;
- 1 tsp. vanilla;
- 2 tbsp. l cream margarine.
- Put 3 chicken eggs in a bowl and beat them with 1 tbsp. sugar sand.
- In the resulting mass, add vinegar baking soda, salt and melted cream margarine. All mix well.
- Pour the sifted flour into the liquid mixture. We need about 3.5 tbsp.
- We do the batch. We send the dough for 20 minutes in a cool place, covering it with a film for food.
- In the meantime, let's do the preparation of the cream.
- Beat 4 chicken eggs in a bowl, 2 tbsp. sugar and ½ tbsp. sifted flour.
- Then add about 100 g of milk, continue to beat the mixture.
- Pour the rest of the milk into a separate container and bring to a boil.
- Then add the whipped mixture and also bring to a boil.
- Do not forget to constantly mix the cream, otherwise it will burn.
- In the cooled cream lay out the softened butter and vanilla.
- All well whipped blender or mixer.
- Now let's do the cake. Divide the dough into 8-10 parts.
- Roll out cakes and pierce with a fork in different places.
- We bake them in a dry frying pan.
- Hot cakes are cut off, giving them a round shape.
- We grease the cakes richly with cooked cream, do not forget to soak the edges.
- From above we decorate "Napoleon" with a crumb.
Cook your favorite dessert with pleasure! As you can see, you can completely do without the oven. Especially these recipes for making cake "Napoleon" are popular among hostesses who lead an active lifestyle and complain about the constant lack of time. Remember that you can always replace the custard with condensed milk. Enjoy your meal!