Mussels are very popular all over the world due to their high taste and high content of healthy substances. Dietary meat of these seafood is filled with vitamins, trace elements and essential amino acids. In addition, tasty, healthy dishes from them, for example, mussels in a creamy garlic sauce with cheese, are also quite simple to prepare.
Preliminary preparation of mollusks
Before you start cooking dishes, you need to prepare seafood. Regardless of the form in which the mollusk will be prepared, it must be thoroughly washed. It is necessary to clean the shells from sand, algae and growths before cooking. It is best to use a stiff brush. After that, put the mussels in boiling salted water, cover and cook for about 5 minutes, shaking occasionally. Shells should open up. If this has not happened to any clam, it is better to throw it away.
After cooking, the meat is easily removed from the shells. If you use boiled and frozen mussels, you do not need to clean and pre-cook them.
There are many recipes for cooking mussels, because they can be cooked, baked, pickled. This mollusk is perfectly combined with any products. And, perhaps, the most delicious mussels are obtained in combination with various sauces. These exquisite dishes will decorate any menu.
Mussels in a creamy garlic sauce with cheese
Delicate mussel meat, soaked in cream or sour cream, has an amazing taste. This simple recipe involves baking clams in the oven with shells.
- mussels (not extracted from the shell) - 300 g;
- cheese (any solid variety) - 100 g
- For the sauce:
- onions - 1 pc .;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- wine (dry white) - 100 ml;
- oil (preferably olive oil) - 1 tbsp. l .;
- dill or parsley;
- salt, pepper - at its discretion.
First you need to do a creamy garlic sauce. The recipe is pretty simple.
- Heat the butter in the pan, mix with olive oil.
- Finely chop the onion and fry until the vegetable gets a light golden hue.
- Pour the wine into the pan and simmer for about 2 minutes until evaporation.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil, do not forget to stir.
- At the end, salt, add black pepper to taste, greens and squeezed garlic. Stir, cover and remove from heat.
Fragrant creamy garlic sauce cooked!
Let's cook the main dish.
- Rinse the shells of mollusks and wipe with a paper towel.
- Put the shells on a baking sheet, fill each with cooked sauce. Bake 10 minutes in the oven at t 200 ° C, covered with foil. Then sprinkle with grated cheese and again put in the oven for 5 minutes - without the foil, to form a crispy cheese crust.
Put the finished snack on a large flat dish. You can additionally decorate it with lettuce leaves. Mussels in a creamy garlic sauce with cheese will go perfectly with white wine.
The recipe can be simplified using frozen shell-free clams.
Mussels in sour cream sauce
Cream can be replaced with sour cream, and the mussels themselves - to fry in a frying pan.
- mussels - 300-400 g (frozen);
- onions - 1 pc .;
- sour cream - 150 g;
- vegetable oil, salt, pepper.
- Slightly fry the onion sliced in half rings in a pan with butter.
- Send in advance defrosted seafood to the vegetable, fry for about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, add sour cream, mix.
- Stew the dish (just a few minutes).
Mussels prepared in this way are best served with spaghetti.
Mussels in tomato-garlic sauce
No less tasty mussels are obtained in combination with tomatoes.
- mussels - 300 g;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- oil (preferably olive) - 1 tbsp. l .;
- wine (dry white) - 100 ml;
- Tomato - 3 pcs .;
- thyme, rosemary - 1 branch;
- salt, ground pepper - at its discretion.
- Slice the tomatoes and chop them in a blender.
- Put the tomato puree in a small saucepan and boil.
- Melt the boiled pasta through a sieve, add salt, spices.
- In the pan, heat the oil with a sprig of greens, add chopped garlic.
- Pour wine into the pan. Extinguish a little.
- Pour out mussels, fry for a few minutes until complete evaporation of the liquor.
- Pour tomato sauce in a frying pan, simmer for about 5 minutes.
Serve separately as a hot snack or with spaghetti.
Note: selection of mussels
To make the dish really tasty, you need to know how to choose the right clam. In the stores you can now find mussels in a wide variety of forms: live, frozen and cooked, frozen, peeled and in shells. The choice should be made depending on how exactly you want to cook them. It is most preferable to take live mussels, however, it must be remembered that the product is perishable. Attention should be paid to the integrity of the sink, its smell. In addition, the clam should not be too heavy. If you do not want to bother with cleaning the mussels, take boiled-frozen.
Such a savory dish, like mussels in a cream or tomato sauce, does not require special culinary skills and a long time to cook. But it will surely please with its exquisite, delicate taste and add a special - exotic and at the same time elegant - charm to any meal.