Italian cuisine today is associated mainly with pasta, lasagne, pizza and tiramisu. However, the mitbols have recently entered such a well-proportioned range of favorite dishes. What it is? What is the difference from the usual Slavic cuisine of meatballs or meatballs? What cooking features do Italians invest in them, and why did this dish suddenly become so popular?
Traditional mitboly: recipe with photos
The primary difference between Italian mitbol and Slavic meatballs is that they are not cooked in broth, and only rarely are they stewed in a frying pan. Basically, they are baked in the oven, fried or steamed (the main dietary option). The American version, which has found much greater demand than the Italian one, is usually cooked in deep fat, as a result of which it gets an amazing crisp and becomes a wonderful addition to a hot dog bun, leaf salad and tender mozzarella or other cheese.
- Minced beef - 500 g
- Bread crumb - 100 g
- Sour cream - 100 g
- Chicken Egg - 1 pc.
- Dill - bunch
- Salt, pepper - to taste
- Sunflower oil - for deep-frying
- Mince it is necessary to salt and pepper, add sour cream and bread crumbs to it: it can be as a simple crumb of the loaf, ground in palms, and breadcrumbs.
- Egg white must be whipped with salt to foam form, and smoothly enter the bowl with the stuffing. Pour the yolk there, the last shredded bunch of dill will be added, then you need to knead all the ingredients with your hands and check the raw stuffing to taste.
- Ready stuffing divided into several parts, rolling them into smooth balls. You choose their size yourself, but remember that the magnitude will determine the duration of their preparation.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a large saucepan - it should fill it with 2 mitbol heights. As soon as the oil is hot, the balls are carefully laid there and fried to a reddish hue. At the same time, all mitbols should not be dropped at once - it is better to divide them into portions, since the balls should not touch each other in the pan.
- After the appearance of a beautiful crust, the mitbols should be caught with a skimmer and put into a dry frying pan. When all the put together balls are pre-fried, some warm boiled water is added to the pan with them, and the dish is stewed under the lid for another 20 minutes so that the middle plate is cooked.
- It should be said that the last stages can be swapped: first, put out the mitbolas in the pan, bring them to half-ready, and then fry in deep fat to give a reddish-brown crust. Before serving, you can roll the balls in ground paprika, and prepare classic tomato basil sauce for the dish. Traditional Italian mitboly (and the American version) are always served with sauce.
- Salt the minced chicken, add the beaten egg white and ricotta into it, gently mix it with your hands.
- Grind cracker in a blender. If desired, cookies can be replaced with oatmeal or buckwheat breads, which must also be crushed. Combine with minced meat, carefully knead with hands, divided into equal parts, from which you need to roll the balls.
- Spread the balls on a pan covered with parchment, cover with foil, after making a few holes in it, send for 25-30 minutes. in the oven, to the middle level. Under the tray, place a bowl of cold water on the wire rack to create steam in the oven.
- While the mitbols are baked, the tomatoes should be scalded, the skin should be removed from them, and the flesh should be left on a cutting board or in a saucer.
- In a pan, heat up the olive oil, fry the chopped onion head in it, and pour the peppercorns in the same place. After 2-3 minutes add tomatoes, knead them with a fork, cover the pan with a lid and reduce the heat to low. Roast the sauce until thick. As soon as this happens, put basil leaves crumpled in your fingers.
- If the time for the oven is out, the mitbols should be transferred to the pan and brought to readiness in it for 10-15 minutes. If not, remove the pan from the stove until the balls are baked so as not to overdo the sauce.
Serve with chopped lettuce.
Minced meat balls with cream sauce
Fans of delicious dishes will enjoy a variation on the theme of mitbols, soaked in a wine and cream sauce with a mild nutty flavor. If desired, the gravy can be made more piquant by adding your favorite herbs to it.
- Mince rabbit - 400 g
- Garlic cloves - 3 pcs.
- Feta cheese - 120 g
- Chili - 1 pod
- Salt, pepper - to taste
- Chicken Egg - 1 pc.
- Breadcrumbs - 4 tbsp.
- Butter - 30 g
- White wine - 50 ml
- Cedar nuts - 1 tbsp.
- Fatty cream - 200 ml
- Mix the minced meat with garlic cloves, ground chilli peppers, salt, breadcrumbs and eggs. Diligently knead all the ingredients with your hands, turning them into a plastic ball. Break it into small balls, throw them into boiling water for 20 minutes to pre-obvarku meat.
- In a deep frying pan, warm (do not heat!) Butter, carefully add cream, white wine and pine nuts, mix and reduce heat under the frying pan. Proceed with sauce for 10 min. on medium power, then lower it to minimum, leave the sauce to thicken.
- As soon as the meat balls are scalded, they must be shifted to the pan with the sauce, and, occasionally turning over with a wooden spatula, bring to readiness for 15-20 minutes. over medium heat under the hood.
Serve the recommended dish with mashed potatoes and chopped greens. Mitbola - a product for people who are accustomed to food on the go. Not for nothing in America they are considered fast food, but rather useful if you do not take into account the process of frying in oil. However, no one forbids baking balls in the oven without additional fat. Mitbols are great as a hot dog filler or a hearty ingredient to any side dish, and the simplicity of their preparation considerably saves time in the kitchen.