If you are fed up with classic minced meat patties, fish dishes will be a good alternative. Fish should always be in the diet, as it is rich in phosphorus and other useful trace elements. You can not only fry, simmer or bake fish, but also cook delicious meatballs made from minced fish. Such dishes are available for every hostess and will occupy a worthy place on any table.
How to make minced fish cutlets: cooking tips
For meatballs fit minced meat from any fish, for example: cod, salmon, hake and even gobies. The dish will turn out delicious, if we take into account all the features of the preparation of each type of fish:
- The best way to make minced meat for meatballs on your own - the recipe for cooking it is quite simple.
- For mince from low-fat fish species, and these include all river varieties, it is advisable to use additives from lard, potatoes and onions. These ingredients will add softness and juiciness to cutlets.
- Fat minced fish goes well with fresh vegetables: carrots, lettuce and cabbage, onions.
- Sea fish mince is slightly liquid, so add bread crumbs and onions to form the patties.
Sometimes it is difficult to find and buy the necessary minced fish, it is easier to cook it yourself from whole carcasses. To do this, rinse the fish well under running water, clean the entrails and cut the loin. The flesh is twisted in a meat grinder (for tender stuffing, this action is repeated 2-3 times) with various vegetables and additional ingredients.
In order for fish cakes or other varieties of fish cutlets to turn out tasty and well cooked, experienced cooks advise cooking them on low heat under the lid.
Delicious Salmon Fishcakes
- 300 g salmon fillet;
- ¼ Art. chopped onion;
- ½ tbsp. breadcrumbs;
- egg protein 1;
- ½ tbsp. l lemon juice;
- ½ tsp universal seasoning;
- ½ tsp Chile;
- 1 tsp. salts;
- ¼ tsp ground pepper;
- a pinch of dried parsley;
- 1 tbsp. flour.
- To begin with, the salmon fillet should be thoroughly washed under running water, dried with paper towels and cut into pieces.
- Now the fish fillets must be minced for the meatballs. To do this, you can use a food processor or meat grinder.
- In a large bowl, mix the minced salmon, onion, breadcrumbs, egg white, lemon juice and seasonings.
- Knead the minced fish until needed until it is sufficiently uniform and elastic to form meatballs.
- Take a little stuffing, throwing it from one hand to another, make a few cutlets.
- Lightly roll each billet in a bowl of flour.
- Pour some sunflower oil into the pan and heat. Put the chops in the roaster and cook over medium heat.
- After 4-5 minutes, turn the patties on the other side and fry too. Ready cutlets should be light golden in color.
- According to this recipe, you can make cutlets of minced salmon fish. This type of fish is similar to salmon and practically does not yield to its taste.
Pike cutlets for real gourmets
- 500 g pike fillet;
- 100 grams of lard;
- 1 onion;
- stale bread;
- salt and pepper.
- If for cooking pike cutlets you use a whole fish carcass, you first need to wash it, clean the entrails and separate the fillet pieces.
- Then skip the fish fillets and lard through a meat grinder or use a blender for this.
- Cut the stale bread into cubes and soak in milk for a while, 10 minutes is enough for this.
- After that, pass the bread through the meat grinder, then add the onion.
- Then beat the egg in a bowl of minced meat, salt and pepper the spices to taste. Ground nutmeg is very good for pike.
- After that, the stuffing is thoroughly mixed and form the patties.
- Roll each cutlet in flour or breadcrumbs and fry in sunflower oil on both sides.
- Ready cutlets served with salad and mashed potatoes.
- 1 kg of meaty bulls;
- 1 onion;
- fresh chicken egg;
- 1 tbsp. l semolina;
- 1 tbsp. l breadcrumbs;
- First you need to do the preparation of fish. To do this, rinse the bulls under running water, pat dry with a paper towel and gut.
- After that, skip the calves and onions through a meat grinder or chop with a food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the minced fish and knead well.
- Form small patties from the filling and fry each on both sides in a roasting pan in the heated sunflower oil.
- Delicious minced fish cutlets are ready for serving.
Cooking a steamed diet
- 2 carcasses of pollock;
- 1 medium onion;
- 2 chicken eggs;
- 2-3 slices of stale bread;
- 1 tbsp. flour;
- To cook the minced meatball patties, you first need to separate the fillet from the carcass and grind it in a meat grinder, blender or finely chop.
- Now cut stale bread into slices and soak for 10 minutes in warm milk.
- Then skip the breadcrumbs and peeled onions through a meat grinder, mix everything with minced fish.
- Add fresh chicken eggs and spices to the filling, mix everything thoroughly.
- After that, we form several small-sized patties and put them in the form of a double boiler, first rolled in flour.
- Pour into the steamer pan the right amount of water, cover the form with a lid and cook the chops up to half an hour.
- You can also make mincemeat hake fish patties with this recipe. If vegetable broth is used for such a dish to form steam, the hake will be much tastier and more fragrant.
Now you can try to make your own chops from any fish mince. If you skillfully use the advice of experienced chefs, experiment a bit with the addition of various spices and herbs, you can get new recipes for delicious fish cakes.