In the Soviet Union on the shelves were mostly canned fish and eggs, so Mimosa salad began to make on the basis of these ingredients. From above, it is always sprinkled with grated yolk, which with its "fluffiness" resembles a flower mimosa.
Mimosa salad with saury: a classic recipe
Ingredients selected from Soviet times, still many prefer to put in a strict order.
- Eggs - 6 pcs.
- Canned saury - 1 b.
- Butter - 50-60 g
- Cheese - 100 g
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Carrots - 2 pcs.
- Potatoes - 2 pcs.
- Mayonnaise olive - 250 g
- Boil eggs for 15-20 minutes, cool them. Separate the yolks from the proteins.
- Put canned food in a plate, mash them with a fork, add a little greens.
- Peel the onions, cut into smaller pieces or half rings. Scald with boiling water or soak in acetic water for 15 minutes.
- Carrot for salad, take a large, bright red color. Boil it and potatoes in salted water with the peel, cool and clean.
- Protein, cheese and carrots rub on a fine grater.
- Rub the frozen butter on a coarse grater.
Put the Mimosa salad in the following order:
- squirrels + mayonnaise
- canned fish
- onion + mayonnaise
- grated yolks
Garnish the salad with parsley and dill, let it soak for a couple of hours in the cold.
Mimosa salad with saury in haste
More simplified version Good for a small Sunday dinner or just when you want something tasty.
- Canned saury - 2 b.
- Eggs - 5 pcs.
- Melted curds - 3-4 pcs.
- Marinated cucumber - 1 pc.
- Mayonnaise - 100 g
- Green peas - 4 tbsp.
- Saury must be well kneaded with a fork along with liquid. Boiled eggs divided into yolk and white, rubbed on a coarse grater.
- Cheese to hold in the freezer for 18-20 minutes, also large rub.
- Cucumber cut into small cubes or thin circles.
- Now put some of the proteins, smear with mayonnaise, then a part of saury and cucumber, top with all the cheese, pour over the mesh of mayonnaise. Then the rest of the canned food, squirrels and mayonnaise.
- Decorate with grated yolks and green peas.
Tender mimosa salad with saury and rice
The combination of rice with canned fish makes the salad enjoyable and more original in taste. To make it look beautiful, make it even layers on a flat dish.
- Eggs - 4 pcs.
- Hard cheese - 150 g
- Rice - 100 g
- Saira - 1 b.
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Dill - 1 bunch
- Boiled eggs and carrots to clean, large to rub.
- Dill finely chopped, add to saury and mash all with a fork.
- Grated cheese mixed with proteins.
- Rice pour 100 ml of water, boil for 10 minutes and leave another 12 minutes under the lid. So it will be hard and will not turn into rice puree.
- Now, put the cooled rice on the dish, smooth it and mix well with mayonnaise. Put protein-cheese mixture on top, put fish and finely chopped onion on it. Smear again with mayonnaise, put carrots, tamp, add a little more mayonnaise.
- Cover the salad with yolks, add dill sprigs and carrot circles.
You can find other salad recipes using rice in the Mimosa Salad with Rice article.
Whatever the content of Mimosa lettuce, the main thing is grated yolks on top, and at the heart are canned fish. For information on how to make a mimosa salad without saury, using other canned fish, read the article Mimosa Salad.
Mimosa salad can be decorated with caviar, peas, flowers from eggs and carrots, small mice from halves of eggs or beautiful ladybirds from tomatoes.
- How to cook tuna salad?
- Salad of canned pink salmon
Cook with pleasure, enjoy your appetite!