Mimosa salad was a very popular salad in Soviet times. The salad was made in layers of canned fish and boiled vegetables.
Mimosa Salad is one of the main salads that are made for the New Year and other holidays. This salad successfully competes with herring under a fur coat and Olivier.
Mimosa salad recipes are many, and all of them are tasty in their own way. The process of making salad Mimosa is not difficult, but, like others layered salads, Mimosa should stand for a while and soak. Therefore, it is recommended that Mimosa salad be prepared in the evening so that they can enjoy it in the morning.
Mimosa salad with rice: a recipe
- Rice - 0.5 Art.
- Eggs - 5 pcs.
- Canned fish (the most suitable are sardines and tuna) - 1 can
- Medium carrots - 3 pcs.
- Mayonnaise - 300 g
- Green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
First prepare all the ingredients.: boil eggs, peel and boil carrots, boil rice, chop green onions. Open a jar of canned fish and drain oil from it. If necessary, remove the small bones from the fish and mash it with a fork. Take some suitable container (Mimosa salad is convenient to cook in a baking dish).
- First layer: lay a layer of rice (2 cm thick) on the bottom of the mold. Smear a layer of mayonnaise on top of the rice.
- The second layer is filled with fish, and again it is coated with mayonnaise. Then, put the chopped onion and smear with mayonnaise again.
- Separate the whites from the yolks: for this, make an incision around the egg. Along the incision line, carefully divide the albumen and remove the yolk. So do with all the eggs.
- Rub the squirrels on a fine grater and place them in an even layer on top of the onion, again smear all with mayonnaise.
- Lay a layer of carrots on the squirrels, smooth it and "tamp" a little with your hands. Smear with a layer of mayonnaise.
- Grate yolks on a fine grater and gently spread them over the surface of the mayonnaise, try not to mix the yolks with the mayonnaise.
- Wrap the salad bowl with cling film and place in the fridge for 2 hours so that all the layers of Mimosa salad are thoroughly soaked with mayonnaise.
Cooking time is 1 hour 30 minutes.
The number of servings is 5.
Mimosa salad with rice and cheese
- Eggs - 6 pcs.
- Rice - 1 tbsp.
- Butter - 100 g
- Canned fish - 1 b.
- Hard cheese (perfect Russian, Poshekhonsky or Gouda) - 150 g
- Big onion - 1 pc.
- Mayonnaise - 200 g
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the butter in the freezer.
- Cook the eggs: put the pot on medium heat, bring the water to a boil and cook the eggs for no more than 10 minutes. Put the finished eggs in a saucepan with cold water and cool them. Divide the eggs into whites and yolks. Squirrels chop with a knife, and yolks - namnite with a fork. Cover the plate with the yolks lid.
- Cook the rice readiness and let it dry. Add butter to the prepared rice, 1 spoon of mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste. Stir.
- Finely chop the onion, sprinkle it with salt. Stir and cover with hot water for 15 minutes. After you need to fold it to a colander and dry.
- Grate the cheese on a fine grater and cover it so as not to wither.
- Before you put layers of Mimosa salad, it is necessary that all products have the same temperature, so 30 minutes before cooking, put all the ingredients in the refrigerator.
- Remove the tinned fish from the jar and remove the bones. Before you put the canned food, you must dry the fish. To do this, wrap the fish in a paper towel. When the fish gets rid of the oil, mash it with a fork and place it in a salad bowl in the first layer. Lay the rice over the fish. On top of rice - grated cheese. Brush with mayonnaise. On top of the mayonnaise lay chopped proteins, and on them - the remaining fish. Place onions on top of the fish and brush with mayonnaise. On top of the mayonnaise is half the yolks, and on top of the yolks, rub the remaining butter. On top of the oil, rub the remaining yolks through a sieve.
This variant of Mimozas salad with rice should be served immediately to the table, and not put in a refrigerator for several hours.
For more on how to make a delicious Mimosa salad with other ingredients, read the article Mimosa salad with saury.
Enjoy your meal!