This yummy rarely leaves anyone indifferent. Many of us have known the unique taste and tenderness of meringue since childhood. Even now, passing by trays with cakes, we often simply cannot help but buy a couple of airy lumps melting in the mouth. However, meringues can be cooked by yourself. It should be noted that the cooking process is quite laborious and time consuming. But the result will surely exceed all your expectations.
There are a lot of recipes for making meringue with various ingredients. You can try them all, and you can choose some of the most suitable for you.
Home-made meringue recipe
- Egg whites - 6 pcs
- Sugar - 6 tbsp.
- Milk - 1 tbsp.
- Proteins must be separated from the yolks and beat them to such an extent that a light foam is formed. Then gradually sugar must be added to the protein foam. Sugar should be added to proteins very carefully, without reducing the rate of beating, otherwise protein foam may settle.
- Proteins with sugar should be whipped to a thick foam state, and then add cold (but not ice) milk to the mass. Milk and protein mass mix thoroughly.
- The readiness of the test is very easy to determine. If you turn the pan over and the dough does not fall out of it, it means that it is ready.
- Bake the meringue should be on the baking sheet. Before sending the baking sheet in the oven, grease it with vegetable oil, and put thick paper on top. Soak it with oil and this paper. When all the preparations are completed, arm yourself with a spatula or spoon and place the dough you received on a baking sheet. It is necessary to bake the meringue in the oven at a temperature of 200-220˚С. At this temperature, the baking time can vary from 10 to 15 minutes. The finished meringue is served cold.
Apple meringue in French at home
- Large baked apples - 5 pcs
- Caster sugar - 1 st
- Chilled protein - 1-2 pieces
- Take the required number of baked apples and rub them through a sieve or a colander. Put the resulting apple mass in the fridge and keep there until it is very cold.
- When the mass has cooled, add icing sugar to it, and mix everything thoroughly. To the mixture, add the pre-cooled proteins. Beat all the ingredients with a mixer. It is necessary to beat until the apple-protein mass becomes white, and its consistency becomes such that the spoon can stand in it.
- On the greased paper in neat heaps lay out the resulting dough and send in the oven, heated to a temperature of 90-100 ˚ C. Bake the meringues in the oven until ready.
- When the meringue is ready, let it stand for a while on the baking sheet (until dry). When the meringue is dry, remove it from the paper and, putting it on the dish, send it to a warm oven, where the sweetness will be and wait for the moment of serving on the table.
Meringue with nuts at home
- Eggs - 5 pcs
- Sugar - 1 tbsp.
- Nuts - 50 g
- Butter - 50 g
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks in the eggs. Proteins must be whipped with sugar until a sufficiently thick mass is formed. It must be so thick that it cannot be poured from the dishes in which it was whipped.
- Take a baking sheet and grease it with butter. Spread whipped sugar on the prepared baking sheet. You can do this with a teaspoon.
- On each cake, put a piece of walnut on top. Bake the meringue with nuts for 40-50 minutes. After the meringues are ready, leave them to cool in the oven.
Meringue with cream in French at home
- Protein fresh eggs - 4 pcs
- Powdered sugar - 0.75-1 tbsp.
- Lemon juice - to taste
- Beat the whites with the sugar to such a state that the mass does not overflow from the vessel.
- Grease a baking sheet with vegetable oil. You can also use white oiled paper. Put on the baking tray with a dessert spoon the resulting protein-sugar mass. Spread it should be elongated heaps.
- You need to bake the meringues in a slightly heated oven. Its temperature should vary from 90 to 100˚С.
- In the meantime, prepare the cream: pound the strawberries (you can take 1 tablespoon of strawberry syrup) and whisk it into a uniform thick mass with 1 egg white. The color of the mass should turn whitish-pink.
- When the meringue is ready, you should carefully, with a sharp knife, remove the middle of each cake and fill it with cream. The resulting parts are added in pairs. Delicious cream cakes are ready.
Choux meringue at home
- Sugar - 200 g
- Egg protein - 4 pieces
- Take sugar, fill it with water and put it on the fire to boil the syrup. Check the readiness of the syrup should be as follows: dip a finger in the syrup, and then dip this de finger in cold water. If after this you can roll a ball of syrup in your fingers, then this is a direct evidence of the syrup being ready. When the syrup is ready, leave it for a while so that it can cool.
- From the egg whites, whip the foam and gradually put it into the syrup, while stirring constantly. The mass will be ready when it turns white.
- The prepared mass is spread on the prepared baking sheet (it is necessary to rub it with wax and sprinkle a little flour) in the form of oblong flatbreads. Formed flat cakes should be allowed to dry out, placing them in a warm place, and then put in a slightly heated oven, where the meringues will be baked until cooked.
- When the cakes are ready, remove some protein mass from the middle and place any jam in place of it. Blind cakes in pairs and dry. Delicious dessert, prepared by you, is ready.
The meringue cakes are a very light and uniquely delicious sweetness that will decorate your tea drinking. Your little culinary masterpieces will be pleased not only by the household, but also by any guests who decide to visit you. Do not be afraid of the complexity of the cooking process meringue, because the result will delight you and your loved ones. Try making another less well-known, but extremely tasty dessert - sandesh. Experiment!
Enjoy your meal!