Meatballs (popularly called "hedgehogs") are made using the same technology as meatballs or meatballs. According to the method of preparation and the composition of minced "hedgehogs" are close to cabbage rolls. The only difference is that eggs are included in meat stuffing, but there is no such ingredient in the stuffing recipe for cabbage. As a side dish for meatballs with gravy, mashed potatoes, buckwheat and other cereal side dishes are well suited.
Grilled Meatballs Recipe
- Minced meat - 1 kg
- Boiled rice - 1 tbsp.
- Onions - 2 heads
- Carrots - 1 pc.
- Wheat flour - 1.5 tbsp.
- Tomato paste - 3 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil or fat
- Sour cream - 2 tbsp.
- Salt - to taste
- Bay leaf
- Ground black pepper
- Onions clean, chop and chop it with a blender.
- Add the onion gruel to the minced meat. We also put rice, egg, salt and pepper. All ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- From the resulting mixture, we form balls of arbitrary sizes and place them at a small distance from each other in a frying pan or baking tray, which must be pre-oiled.
- Formed meatballs send in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Grate the carrots on a grater and sauté them in a frying pan with a little oil, until it turns golden. Take out the baking tray and spread the carrots on it.
- Pour about half a liter of cold water into a bowl. In this water, stir the flour.
- Add sour cream and tomato paste to the bowl. All ingredients are thoroughly mixed. The result should be a homogeneous mass.
- Pour the resulting sauce on top of the meatballs, salt and pepper. If the liquid in the gravy is not enough to completely hide the meatballs, then add a little water.
- Put the baking tray in the oven and bake until done (you can put the bay leaf 5 minutes before it is ready).
- 1-2 meatballs along with the sauce should be added to the plate to the garnish. The sauce in this dish turns out just suitable for consistency in order to use it with a side dish.
Fishballs with gravy
- Fish fillet (any) - 1 kg
- White bun - 300 g
- Onion - 4-5 heads
- Carrots - 2 pieces
- Tomato paste
- Vegetable oil
- Take your chosen fresh fish. Clean and rinse the fish. Then the cleaned fish must be cut.
- Soak a slice of fresh white bread in the water.
- Prepared onions need to be cleaned and finely chopped. Then extinguish them in vegetable oil a little, so that they do not reach the golden color.
- Soaked bread must be pressed, then scrolled in a meat grinder along with fish fillets and fried onions. In the resulting mince add salt and pepper. All thoroughly mixed.
- From the resulting stuffing make round meatballs and fry them on both sides in a pan with butter. Fried meatballs fold in a cauldron or pot in layers.
- Making gravy. Stew carrots and one onion in vegetable oil. To them add a little flour and tomato paste to taste, mix everything. Then pour the water and bring the sauce to a boil.
- Pour the boiled sauce over the meatballs. We put the pot with meatballs and sauce on the fire and bring to a boil, then simmer for at least half an hour. Stew on low heat. While meatballs and sauce are stewing, you can add some dish and add spices (cumin, coriander, hops-suneli, etc.) to it. Fish meatballs should be fully submerged in the gravy.
Turkey Meatballs with Gravy: Recipe
- Crumbly white bread - 3 slices
- Chicken broth - 1 tbsp.
- Dried Cherries - 5 tbsp.
- Stuffing Turkey - 750 g
- Ground paprika - 1.5 tsp.
- Fresh parsley - ¼ Art.
- Chopped garlic - 4 cloves
- Salt, black pepper
- Chopped almonds - 6 tbsp.
- Canned pepper - 1.5 tbsp.
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp.
- 2/3 breadcrumbs, 3 tbsp. dried cherries, ¼ Art. Broth must be mixed in a bowl. There also add paprika, minced meat, 3 tbsp. parsley, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp. salt and ½ tsp black pepper. All this needs to be well mixed. Form the minced meatballs.
- Crush the remaining bread and half a glass of almond in a blender or food processor for 10 seconds. Add the remaining garlic, red pepper, oil and ½ tsp. salt. All this needs to be finely ground again.
- Add chicken broth, cherries and canned pepper with liquid. With the help of a blender or a combine it is necessary to puree all this.
- The resulting puree move into a frying pan and bring to a boil, leaving on low heat.
- When the sauce is ready, carefully place the meatballs in the pan, cover the pan with a lid. Extinguish everything on medium heat for about 10 minutes. During the fire, do not forget to stir the dish from time to time. 5 minutes before the readiness remove the cover and leave it until readiness. When the meatballs are ready, sprinkle them with the remaining parsley and almonds.
Meatballs - an extremely tasty and easy to prepare dish. They will be appropriate for everyday meals, and on the holiday table. You can cook meatballs from any meat and with a variety of sauces. You can serve them with various side dishes. This dish is worthy to cook and eat. Enjoy your meal!