Mead appeared much earlier than vodka, and it is this drink that can rightly be considered a national treasure. In ancient times, young people were given 10 kg of honey at the wedding, which they needed to eat in 30 days. That's where the name went - honeymoon. This drink is quite inexpensive - the cost of the product is only 20-30 rubles per liter. On this pleasant surprises do not end: mead increases the potency.
In addition, everything natural and cooked on its own in suitable conditions cannot cause harm.
- Water - 2 l
- Honey - 300 g
- Hop cones - 5 g
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg - Pinch
- Yeast - 1 tsp.
- Tank with water trap
- Boil the water in an enamel saucepan.
- Pour honey into it, stir and make sure that it does not burn.
- 3-5 minutes boil water with honey, then remove the foam.
- Now add to the content hops, nutmeg and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Remove the pan from the heat and cover tightly.
- Dissolve the yeast in sweetened water.
- When the consistency in the pan cools to 50 degrees, pour yeast into it.
- Next mead should ferment. You yourself will see the fermentation process, if you notice foam under the lid.
- Pour the mead into a bowl with a water seal (a regular hermetic jar). Make a hole in the cap and thread the hose. It must be located above the water level. Leave the other end of the hose in a container with water.
- Before use, check whether fermentation is complete. To do this, light a match and bring it to the mead. If it does not go out, then everything is fine. You can filter and bottled.
- After that, you need to wait 5 days and only then use mead.
See also:What is useful mead?
Be sure to make a supply of such a drink to treat your friends. They will definitely like it!