Mascarpone cheese appeared in the north of Italy and it belongs to the lower level cheeses, but this does not affect its taste in any way. If you are going to cook some Italian dessert at home, and you need mascarpone cheese, which is not on hand, then you can make it at home.
Although his recipe seems, at first glance, simple, you have to work a little.
Mascarpone recipe at home
- Cream (fat content not less than 30%) - 1 l
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice - 75 ml
- Take a saucepan, pour the cream into it and place it on the stove over a small fire (the temperature of the heated cream should not exceed 85 ° C).
- When the cream is heated to the required temperature, they should be immediately removed from the heat and began to beat vigorously, adding a drop of lemon juice. Since it is best to whip the cream cold, the saucepan must be placed in a larger container filled with ice water or ice.
- After the cream is whipped, they need to be refrigerated for 2 hours.
- After a couple of hours, cold cream should also be started to intensively beat until a homogeneous mass, similar in consistency to the cream.
- Next, take a cotton cloth, put on it the resulting mass, tie the resulting bag with a rope, place it in a colander, put a small container under it to drain the liquid and put it all in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, remove the bag of mass from the refrigerator, let it stand at room temperature for about half an hour, then whisk again and put in the refrigerator.
- After a few hours (3-4), remove the mass from the refrigerator, the cheese is ready!
- Do not forget that the shelf life of homemade mascarpone - no more than 3 days!
Mascarpone with white wine vinegar at home
- Cream (10% fat) - 1 l
- White wine vinegar - 1 tsp
- The cream should be cooled to room temperature, poured into a saucepan, put on the stove, add wine vinegar and begin to heat this mixture for about three minutes (during this period of time the composition should start to stand).
- Then remove the pan from the heat, wait until it cools and refrigerate for about 12 hours.
- After you get the mixture out of the refrigerator, remove the sieve, put a bowl under it, put gauze rolled up many times at the bottom of the sieve, pour the prepared mixture into it and let the liquid flow down ( serum - 300 g).
- Take a clean cotton fabric, roll it up several times and put it on the bottom of the sieve, put the curd mass on it, tighten the edges of the fabric and place a press on top of it.
- Leave the kulech for 8 hours, then unfold the fabric and remove the mass, Maskarponego cheese!
Enjoy your meal!
Especially for womeninahomeoffice.com.ru - Polina