Any hostess will be able to pleasantly surprise his guests with an exquisite design of culinary masterpiece. The main thing here - to show creative imagination. This will help you confection of marzipan.Independent preparation of marzipan at home does not require much effort.
What is marzipan?
Marzipan is one of the goodies that have come down to us from time immemorial, its history began more than one millennium ago. In European folk tales, marzipan symbolizes children's happiness.
Real marzipan- a mixture of almonds (or other nuts), ground into flour, and sugar syrup. In Russia, marzipan was prepared exclusively for noble people. With the advent of the Soviet authorities, this sweetness was completely forgotten. Thus, “marzipan” became known as a bun with peanuts, which did not closely resemble real marzipan.
The European capital of marzipans is the German city of Lübeck, only there is an ancient recipe for making this sweetness preserved, which preserves more than life. There also works the most famous and ancient in the world. marzipan museum. There are more than 500 types of marzipan.
Can not be said about the benefits of marzipan. Since marzipan is 33% almond, it contains a huge amount of vitamin E. As you know, this vitamin has a beneficial effect on the skin and nervous system (it supplies the body with minerals: magnesium, potassium and calcium), is a strong antioxidant.
Marzipan at home can be prepared in two ways.: by heat treatment and by milling (mixing).
Homemade Marzipan Recipes
Chocolate marzipan at home
- Almond - 1 tbsp
- Sugar (fructose) - 1st.
- Water - 0.25 t.
- Almond essence - 2-3 drops
- Cocoa powder - 1st.l.
- Food colorings
- Powdered sugar
- It is necessary to take the almonds in the skin dipped in hot water for 2 minutes, then strain. When the water is drained, put the almonds on the kitchen board.
- When the almonds have cooled down a little, remove the peel from them. To do this, squeeze the core with your thumb and forefinger.
- Look at the nuts - if the film has risen - you can clean them. If the skin is still snug against the grain, pour the almonds with hot water for a few more minutes.
- Extracted kernels should be washed and fry on both sides in a hot frying pan. without vegetable oil within 10-15min. Very important: they need to constantly stir.
- Roasted nuts are ground in a coffee grinder or blender to a state of flour.
- Sugar is poured with water, we heat the mass so that all the granulated sugar is dissolved, and from the cooled syrup it is possible to roll a hard, but friable ball.
- Add crushed almond kernels to the syrup and heat, stirring constantly for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add almond essence.
- Shift the mass on a flat dish, cover with a film and cool.
- The cooled mass is passed through a meat grinder.
- Workplace sprinkle with powdered sugar or fructose.
- We spread on the board the almond mass and roll it out with a rolling pin to the desired thickness.
- We did it soft elastic marzipan mass.
You can make jewelery from marzipan, to do this, add food dyes or, as in our case, cocoa. Separate a piece of the required size from the marzipan mass, squeeze out a little paint on it and knead it with hands until it is evenly colored.
Marzipan on homemade cherry vodka
- Sweet Almond - 175 g
- Bitter almonds (or a few drops of almond extract) - 10 pcs.
- Sugar powder - 100 g
- Egg white - 1 pc.
- Cherry vodka - 2 tbsp. l
- Mix two kinds of almonds. It is thanks to the bitter almonds, marzipan has a unique taste and aroma.
- Dab hot water, remove the skin and skip twice through a meat grinder (just two times, this is important).
- Mix in a blender with powdered sugar and 1 egg (protein) until a uniform consistency is formed.
- At the end of cooking, add marzipan cherry vodka.
Marzipan on flour with cream
- 20% cream (cold) - 0.5 tbsp.
- Flour top grade - 0.5 tbsp.
- Almond - 100 g
- Fructose (preferably) or powdered sugar - 250 g
- Pre-sift the flour, then mix with cold cream in a saucepan until a homogeneous consistency.
- Warming up, stirring slowly over low heat, and it is better to do it on a broth, so that the mixture thickens and begins to move away from the bottom and walls of our saucepan.
- Cool, add peeled ground almonds (as described in recipe number 1), powdered sugar, you can also add a few drops of food coloring and knead the dough.
- Roll out the dough into a thin layer, cut out the products of the desired shape and dry a little.
Romantic marzipan at home
- Fructose (preferably) or powdered sugar - 500 g
- Almond Kernels - 320 g
- Protein - 4 pcs.
- Cognac, rum or wine - 1 tsp.
- Scald almonds with boiling water, peel the walnut.
- Spread evenly on a baking tray. The temperature in the oven is 40-45 degrees, the drying time is 2-5 minutes.
- Dried almonds scroll through a meat grinder to obtain a "porridge".
- Mix with powdered sugar and whipped proteins and mash several times through a meat grinder until a homogeneous pasty mass is obtained.
- Add cognac, rum or wine and mix
- As a result, marzipan should turn out to be viscous, plastic.
Home Marzipan Tips
- If you get too hard marzipan, then just add whipped proteins, if too soft, add icing sugar.
- Marzipan should be stored tightly wrapped in cellophane in a saucepan with the lid closed.
- Shelf life - no more than 1 month.
- Almost any figures are made of marzipan, it all depends on your imagination. There is a trick in working with the mass - in order that the marzipan does not dry up and the figures will not crack, made products glaze (syrup) derived from equal parts of honey and water.
- Marzipan can cover cakes, pies, pastries, sweets.
- Remember that the marzipan mass prepared by you personally at home is much more delicious than the purchased one: homemade marzipan is more fragrant, less smooth and carries the warmth of your hands.
So fantasize and create delicious beauty! Enjoy your meal!