Martini is one of the varieties of vermouth produced in Turin (Italy) at the factory "Martini & Rossi ". Already in the 19th century in Russia, vermouth" Martini "began to take root among other alcoholic beverages. Among the female sex, this strong drink has become particularly famous.
German language the word "vermouth" means "wormwood", implying a special wormwood note in the liquid. If you look, then vermouth is an aperitif wine with a partial addition of alcohol (alcohol can vary from 15 to 23%), sugar and a variety of spices. Quite often cinnamon, gentian, cinchona bark, ginger, chamomile, cloves, angelica, orange peel (or bitter orange), vanilla, cumin and other varieties are used. Insisting from several months to a year in oak vats specifically designed for this, affects the tone of the taste of the drink. In the true "Martini" wormwood note sounds much weaker compared to other vermouths. You should know that the cocktail based on gin and vermouth is of the same name - Martini. At the same time, any vermouth can be used in the composition, without being tied to the martini brand. Known among a wide range of consumers, Martini & Rossi produces several types of martini: Bitter, Bianco (white), Extra Dry (dry), Rose (pink), Rosso (red), Rosato. Each consumer chooses what he likes more.
Basic martini cocktail recipes, easily applicable at home
Cocktail "Martini a la Bruce"
- 1 bottle of martini Bianco,
- strong black tea
- olives (green).
- In the special martini glasses, cold tea leaves are poured about 1/3. After this, the martini is topped up, not reaching 1 cm from the edge of the glass.
- Then, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice is added to the glass. A special cocktail skewer pins on the olive tree and drops into a glass, where it remains even when serving the cocktail.
- martini Bianco or Extra Dry - Ѕ glasses,
- vodka - Ѕ glasses,
- fresh orange juice
- In the glasses laid out ice.
- All liquid ingredients are mixed in a shaker, poured into a glass with ice.
- For beauty, the edge of the glass is decorated with a slice of orange or lemon.
Cocktail "Martini Light"
- martini bianco - 50 ml,
- vodka - 20 ml,
- grape light juice - 80-100 ml,
- ice cubes - 2-3 pcs.
- In a glass you need to take turns pouring vodka, martini and grape juice. Then add ice cubes and mix gently.
- To give a special shade in a glass squeeze the juice of slices of mandarin or orange.
Martini Cocktail with Campari and Gin
- martini - 50 ml,
- Campari - 50 ml, gin - 50 ml,
- pineapple juice - 100 ml.,
- All ingredients are thoroughly mixed, ice is added.
- Cocktail is best served in a glass with a straw, allowing you to better appreciate the taste of the drink.
- pink martini - t glass,
- semi-dry champagne - 1.5 cups,
- strawberry syrup - 4 tbsp.
- It is recommended to take the thin high glasses having expansion to top. In a glass goblet, you must put one ice cube one by one, add strawberry syrup (it turns out 1 spoon for 1 portion).
- Then a martini gently pours in from above, without stirring, and champagne (to the top) pours on top of it. It is necessary to practice in advance to pour as carefully as possible to preserve the integrity of the layers. This cocktail is very good with fresh fruit.
Try to put all these recipes to choose the most favorite. Friends will actively help with the choice. Excellent mood, true friends and delicious drinks will leave the most pleasant memories for a long time!