Marshmallow is an analogue of pastila that both children and adults love. This delicacy consists of sugar, gelatin, dextrose and flavors. Despite the similarity with marshmallow, marshmallow is absolutely another dish, not containing fruit puree and egg white in its composition.
Pieces of delicacy can be added to salads, desserts, cocoa, coffee, ice cream, they are decorated with cakes and pastries. In America, marshmallow is a traditional picnic dish. The pieces of mini-marshmallow are fried on the fire, as a result of which it becomes airy, viscous and very tasty.
DIY marshmallow: a classic recipe
- Sugar - 500 g
- Water - 300 ml
- Citric acid - 5 g
- Soda - 3 g
- Water - 3 tbsp.
- Sugar - 4 tbsp.
- Invert syrup - 300 ml
- Gelatin - 50 g
- Salt - ½ tsp.
- First you need to prepare invert syrup. Dissolve sugar in water. Constantly stirring, bring the mixture to a boil. Add citric acid to the boiling mixture, mix, cover tightly, reduce heat, and let the mass sit for 45 minutes. When the syrup is cooked, it should be a beautiful golden-transparent color.
- Approximately 1 hour will go to the syrup cooling. Next, dilute the soda in a small amount of water and add it to the syrup. If you did everything right, foam will appear. After 15 minutes, when the syrup is fully prepared, the foam will leave. Store the prepared liquid can be in the bank in the refrigerator. Do not be afraid, it will not harden, but just become thick. If necessary, it can be used to prepare a variety of desserts and pastries.
- When the invert syrup is ready, you can start making marshmallows. Soak the gelatin in 1.5 tbsp. water for 20 min.
- Pour the remaining water into a deep pan, add sugar, cooked syrup and salt. Stir the mixture well and put the pan on the fire. Bring the mass to a boil, not forgetting to stir constantly. After boiling, reduce the heat and cook for about 8 to 10 minutes without disturbing.
- Heat the gelatin that is swollen in water in a microwave oven or on a steam bath until completely dissolved. Pour the dissolved gelatine into a separate container and whisk with a mixer. Pour hot syrup into the gelatinous mass in a thin stream, stirring constantly. Increasing the speed, beat the mixture for 15 minutes.
- While stirring, the mass will start to become like a marshmallow. She will stick to the rim and reach out. Ready marshmallows can be placed in the freezer and taken out as needed. If you want to use a delicacy not for decorating baking, but as a delicacy, take the prepared mass, cut it into pieces and roll them in a bowl with powder and starch (1: 1).
DIY marshmallow: a simple recipe
- Water - 2 tbsp.
- Sugar - 3 tbsp.
- Sugar syrup - 1 tbsp.
- Gelatin - 4 g
- Vanillin - ½ tsp.
- Soak gelatin in 1 tbsp. water. While it is soaking, mix 1 tbsp in a separate container. water, sugar, syrup and vanillin. Stir the mixture and put on a slow fire. Try to stir as often as possible so that the mass does not burn.
- Soak gelatin shift into a blender and whisk it at low speed. When the syrup boils, pour it in a thin stream in a blender to gelatin and mix until smooth. Take a free container, lay out the bottom with foil and transfer the mixture. Cover the top with foil and leave to cool for 6 hours.
- Then transfer the frozen mass to a chopping board sprinkled with starch. Cut the finished marshmallow into cubes and roll in powdered sugar. You have a tasty treat without any hassle.
Marshmallow Mastic: Recipe
Many mistresses are wondering - How to make mastic from marshmallow? It turns out that this is easy. The main thing is to stock up with enough marshmallows and other essential ingredients.
- Marshmallow - 150 g
- Lemon juice or milk - 2 tbsp. l
- Sugar powder - 2 tbsp.
- Starch - 1 tbsp.
- Butter - 2 tsp.
- Sift the powdered sugar and starch through a sieve to prevent lumps from entering the mastic. Otherwise, it will turn out non-uniform. Put the marshmallow sweets in the microwave, add milk or lemon juice and butter. Put the ingredients in a microwave or water bath until melted. If necessary, you can add to the mixture food dye of the desired color.
- When marshmallows melt, add 1 tbsp. l starch-sugar mixture. Shuffle until smooth. Add the mixture until the mass becomes difficult to interfere. Put it on a non-chopping board, sprinkled with starch and powdered sugar. Grease your hands with butter and start kneading the mastic on the board, like a regular dough. Constantly add powdered sugar and starch so that the mastic does not stick to your hands and is easier to mix. It should get smooth and stop sticking to your hands.
- Wrap the finished paste in the wrapping film and put it in the fridge. Before modeling, the product should be kept in the refrigerator for at least half an hour, then it can be taken out and sculpted with flowers, figurines and other decorations for desserts. Mastic can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1.5 months, and in the freezer for up to six months.
Marshmallow is a type of marshmallow that can be cooked on your own at home. Homemade treat will not contain dyes and preservatives, so you can safely give it to young children. You can make confectionery mastic from marshmallows and make various figures to decorate cakes, desserts, ice cream and other sweets.