Probably, there is no person who would not like marinated mushrooms. Fans of this dish are sent in chains in the autumn forest with baskets to collect gifts of nature and stock up on them for the winter. Kings on the New Year's table are pickled white mushrooms. The recipe for this dish is simple, but it is often out of competition at any feast.
What is worth knowing before pickling boletus?
Practically all types of mushrooms, including white mushrooms, are suitable for marinating. If these are the gifts of a small forest, then their whole body can be used. For large instances, only caps are used. And from the legs you can cook a lot of other delicious dishes, for example, fry potatoes with them. When collecting white mushrooms, you need to take this circumstance into account, since the volume for the upcoming pickling will end up much less.
Unlike other types of fungi, whites are not presoaked beforehand, because they too actively absorb water. Before use, rinse them well under a running stream and clean it with a brush.
White fungus is very good for the body. It contains a lot of riboflabine, which is involved in the formation of bones and nails. If you decide to stock porcini mushrooms for the winter, the best way is to dry them. However, in the marinated form, they will also be very tasty.
Cooking mushrooms and equipment
Preparation of mushrooms for the subsequent marinating includes several obligatory stages:
- Mushrooms to sort and size.
- Wash in clean water, brush to remove dirt, separate caps from feet.
- Cut the wormholes.
- Dry thoroughly.
- Mushrooms can be cooked before boiling. In other words, before boiling in the marinade, the mushrooms are boiled separately and then dried. However, the white mushroom belongs to the so-called category 1, so it does not necessarily need pre-boiling.
How to pickle white mushrooms for the winter? One answer to this question is the advance preparation of the "inventory". It will be necessary to rinse the jars and disinfect them in boiling water along with the lids. To do this, you can use the pan, putting on it a special disc for sterilization, or an ordinary kettle. If you are going to eat mushrooms immediately after cooking, the jars can be used without sterilization.
How to cook marinade?
For pickled porcini pickle may be the following recipe:
- Boil water.
- Put salt to taste the water seemed as bitter as sea salt.
- Pour the vinegar. He should clog the taste of salt, and the water - to become sour to taste.
- Add spices: garlic, pepper, laurel leaf, cloves.
- Pour the mushrooms in the marinade, boil for a few minutes and pour into the jars.
This is a common recipe for marinade, which is prepared "by eye". You can try experimenting:
- if you add more pepper with peas, the mushrooms will be slightly bitter;
- To enhance the spicy taste, you can add cinnamon in the sticks;
- mushrooms for salads are prepared with the addition of garlic;
- peculiar fresh taste adds greens.
How to pickle white mushrooms at home?
There are many recipes for making pickled porcini mushrooms. The ratio of ingredients in the marinade and processing methods will depend on how long the dish should be stored and what taste the hostess wants to get.
Marinated mushrooms for the winter
At 1.5 kg of boletus for a sufficient amount of pickle should be taken:
- 1 l of water;
- salt - 1.5-2 tbsp. l .;
- sugar - 1-1.5 st. l .;
- Lavra leaf - 2-3 pcs .;
- peppercorns - 6 pcs .;
- vinegar - 1 tsp;
- cinnamon and cloves to taste.
Preparation of mushrooms and dishes:
- Rinse the mushrooms, clean, cut off the cap of the feet.
- At this time, you need to put water in order to sanitize the jars and boil the mushrooms.
- Banks wash, cover with boiling water.
- Salt boiling water and put mushrooms in it.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, until the mushrooms sink to the bottom.
- At the same time, you can cook the marinade. Due to the fact that it is prepared separately, the liquid remains clear.
- In 1 liter of boiling water pour the spices, soak for 15 minutes. The amount of marinade is calculated from the number of mushrooms: 200 ml of marinade for 1 three-liter jar of mushrooms. After cooking add 1 tsp. vinegar.
- Mushrooms and marinade are cooked in parallel. When everything is ready, fill the contents of the jars and roll up the lids. Such a billet is stored up to six months.
If you want to keep mushrooms longer, add more vinegar and a little sunflower oil. Then the jars of mushrooms, filled with marinade, need to stand in a saucepan with boiling water. Half-liter banks boil for half an hour, and liter - 40 minutes.
If you are going to eat blanks during the winter, you can cook marinated porcini mushrooms for the winter without sterilization.
To quickly cook pickled mushrooms, you can use the following simple recipe.
- mushrooms - 0.7 kg;
- carnation - 5-6 pcs .;
- bay leaf - 3 pcs .;
- a few sprigs of fragrant herbs - parsley, basil, savory, celery and others;
- incomplete 1 tbsp. water;
- 1/3 Art. vinegar;
- salt - 1 tbsp. l .;
- allspice in the form of peas - 1.5 tsp.
- Prepared mushrooms chop.
- Onion peel and cut into slices.
- Rinse greens and put in a jar.
- All components, except greens, put in a saucepan and boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly, pour into jars, cover and refrigerate.
- For 1 kg of mushrooms:
- salt - 20 g;
- vinegar - 60 ml;
- incomplete 1 tbsp. water;
- black and allspice in the form of peas - 17 pcs .;
- laurel leaf - 2 pcs .;
- 0.5 tsp. Sahara;
- onions - 1 pc .;
- A little nutmeg.
- Mushrooms prepare, chop and put in the pan.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Rinse greens and put on the bottom of the cans.
- Mix the mushrooms with all the ingredients except greens, boil and cook for another 10 minutes. At the end add vinegar.
- Mushrooms put in banks, pour the marinade and cork in banks.
Ingredients (per 1 kg of mushrooms):
- 2/3 Art. vinegar;
- 1/3 Art. water;
- salt - 1 tbsp. l .;
- allspice in the form of peas - 5 pcs .;
- cinnamon and sugar - 1 tsp .;
- laurel leaf;
- boxes of carnations.
- Prepared mushrooms put in cool water, add vinegar, salt.
- Boil the mushrooms until they are fully prepared.
- When the mushrooms sink to the bottom and the decoction becomes transparent, add spices.
- Pour over the banks, add sunflower oil and cork.
To protect yourself from poisoning and infections that often develop in pickled mushrooms, follow these rules:
- it is advisable to boil the mushrooms by throwing them into boiling water for half an hour;
- it must be borne in mind that metal caps contribute to the development of botulism;
- even mushrooms that have undergone double sterilization are best kept for no more than 1 year;
- Do not roll mushrooms in large jars, as their long storage in the open form can lead to the development of diseases.
White marinated mushrooms - an extremely tasty dish, the merits of which hardly anyone will undertake to challenge. At the same time to prepare the gifts of the forest in this way does not take much time. Recipes pickled porcini mushrooms can be standard or not devoid of moments of improvisation. In any case, in the process of processing, try to follow the basic rules - and your workpiece will be at its best.