Pickled peppers can be not only an addition to the daily winter dinner or lunch, but also a great snack for the festive table. This is a universal remedy that is able to replenish the supply of vitamins and other beneficial substances in the body.
Canned peppers will help you preserve the taste, aroma and benefits of summer in jars for the winter. To conserve it is not at all difficult. There are several recipes for pickled peppers in oil.
Marinated Bulgarian pepper in chilli oil
- Bulgarian pepper - 5 kg
- Chili - 2 pods
- Black Pepper Peas
- Bay leaf
- The composition of the marinade:
- Water - 1 l
- Vinegar - 0.5 L
- Vegetable oil - 1 tbsp.
- Sugar - 1.5 Art.
- Honey - 2 tbsp.
- Salt - 2 tbsp. no slide
- The first thing you need to do is to wash the pepper well and dry it, laying it out on a cloth.
- Cut the stems from the pepper and remove the seeds by cutting the pepper in half (lengthwise). Cut the large halves of peppers into 2 parts, and small ones can be left the same size.
- On the fire, put a large pot of water. While the water is heating, prepare a 0.5 liter can. Banks need to be washed, sterilized, put on a towel and cover with sterilized lids.
- As soon as the water in the pan boils, begin to immerse the pepper in it in small portions. As a rule, after immersing the pepper, boiling water stops, so make the fire a little more. After the water begins to boil again, the pepper should cook in it for about 1-2 minutes. It is necessary that it becomes soft, and not cooked.
- Pepper from the pan should be removed with a colander and place it in a separate bowl. According to the same scheme, you should hold all peppers in boiling water.
- We put the pepper into the jars, having previously placed 3 peas of black pepper in each. If you want to add a little piquancy, use garlic, cut into pieces (1 clove). Slices of pepper should be placed in a jar as tightly as possible.
- Chili needs to be cut so that the number of pieces coincides with the number of cans. Remove the seeds from it and spread out one by one in each jar.
- Now you need to cook the marinade for peppers. Pour water into a saucepan, add vegetable oil, honey, salt, 2-3 bay leaves. All this must be stirred, brought to a boil and stirred so that the sugar, honey and salt are completely dissolved. Then in the marinade you need to add vinegar and wait until the liquid boils again. After boiling, remove the marinade from the fire and let it stand under the lid for 5 minutes.
- Pour the marinade over the cans with pepper. This should be done carefully, in a trickle. Cover the jars with lids and sterilize for about 10 minutes after boiling. Watch the nature of the boiling water in the pan, as long as it does not fall under the lids.
- After sterilization, the banks immediately need to roll up the lids, put upside down and wrap them with a blanket or bedspread. They should be cooled to room temperature.
Bulgarian pepper marinated in oil
- Bulgarian pepper - 3 kg
- Water - 1.5 L
- 9% vinegar-0.5 tbsp.
- Vegetable oil (odorless) - 0.5 tbsp.
- Sugar - 0.5 tbsp.
- Coarse salt - 2 tbsp.
- Allspice - 6 pcs.
- Bay leaf - 4 pcs.
- Put water on high heat, add salt, sugar, spices and vegetable oil there. All this must be boiled for about 3 minutes.
- Make the fire quieter and start to put the Bulgarian pepper, thoroughly washed and cut into strips, in portions. Reporting a new portion is necessary as the past boasts. Add vinegar and boil everything for about 10 minutes.
- Put hot peppers in sterilized jars. When the blanks are fully formed, wrap them and leave to cool completely.
Hot pickled peppers in oil
- Red hot pepper - 1.5 kg
- Water - 1 l
- Salt - 3 tbsp.
- Sugar - 200 g
- Honey - 50 g
- Vegetable oil - 3 tbsp.
- 9% vinegar - 200 ml
- Pepper thoroughly wash and put in a pot of boiling water.
- When cooking the pepper, press it with a skimmer so that the top layer of peppers is also covered with water. Cook the peppers in this way for about 10 minutes.
- In the process of cooking pepper must change color. After that, remove the pepper from the heat and place it in cans.
- Cook the marinade. Dissolve sugar, salt, honey in water. Put this water on the fire and let it boil. Add vinegar and oil to boiling water.
- Pour the peppers over the boiling brine. Banks roll, turn and cover with a veil. So they must stand until cool.
Marinated pepper in oil: tips
Bulgarian pepper is an extremely healthy vegetable. It contains a greater concentration of vitamin C, and in combination with rutin. Therefore, Bulgarian pepper is a good means of preventing varicose veins. These two vitamins help reduce the permeability of blood vessel walls. Vitamin C and rutin are used to treat various infectious diseases. Sweet pepper is contraindicated for people suffering from severe angina and heart rhythm disorders.-
In addition to vitamins, sweet pepper contains many minerals (calcium, potassium, iron, phosphorus, silicon, iodine and magnesium). However, the peel skin contains coarse fiber, which can have a negative effect on the digestion of people with increased gastric acidity. Essential oils of pepper are capable of creating health problems for people suffering from liver problems and gall bladder. The amount of provitamin A in red and yellow sweet pepper exceeds its amount in carrots.
Sweet pepper is amazingly tasty and loved by many vegetables. But with its use should be borne in mind that with all its beneficial properties, it is quite a strong allergen. Use it in moderation!
Enjoy your meal!