It is not by chance that beets are called the queen of vegetables! It contains so many nutrients and nutrients that it is unlikely that any other vegetable can replace it. Useful beets, both raw and boiled or pickled.
Useful properties of beet
- Beetroot is not only possible, but also should be eaten raw. To accustom the body gradually - including in your diet one teaspoon of this product. It is also the case with beet juice: it must be diluted with water or another juice in a ratio of 1: 4. Later, the amount can be increased to 1/3 cup, but not more!
- Doctors - nutritionists recommend to use beet juice, mixing it with carrot - this cocktail contains just a storehouse of vitamins. Pure beet juice can cause nausea, dizziness, migraine and diarrhea. Beet juice before mixing is better to hold in the refrigerator for a couple of hours, but the carrot can be poured immediately after pressing.
- In the juice of this vegetable contains potassium and magnesium, This means that it has a positive effect on the production of red blood cells in the body, dilates blood vessels and is very useful in hypertension. For hypotensive it is dangerous and contraindicated, since it will lower the pressure even more. This product also fights sleep disorders and improves the overall condition of the body. The fragility of the vessels is reduced due to the fact that the juice contains the correct ratio of sodium and calcium. These substances thin the blood.
- The juice contains manganese, iron, copper, zinc. This activates the growth of red blood cells, which in turn increase vision and are an important component for the cardiovascular system. By itself, the vegetable includes in its composition of amino acids, due to the effects of which choline is produced. This component helps the liver to fight obesity and stops the development of atherosclerosis. Zinc affects insulin levels, which means it is beneficial for people with diabetes.
- Beetroot also contains potassium and organic chlorine. It normalizes the overall functioning of the body, cleanses the liver, gallbladder, kidneys and supports the lymphatic system.
- There are contraindications for taking beet juice. For example, it can not be used in violation of the kidneys, rheumatoid arthritis, cholelithiasis and urolithiasis. With increased acidity, it is also not recommended, as with a duodenal ulcer, a stomach ulcer.
- In diseases of the intestines and stomach, beetroot should be consumed boiled, because even in this form it contains beneficial substances, only it is better to cook it for a couple.
- During a sore throat with vegetable juice, you can gargle, with a cold - to bury the nose. He is also able to cleanse the body of toxins and slags, helps to lose weight, rejuvenate the skin of the body and face, to establish the menstrual cycle.
How to cook pickled beets?
Marinated beets are used both for making vinaigrette and for the first courses, for example, cold borscht.
Marinated beets: quick recipe
- Water - 1 tbsp.
- Vinegar (6 percent) - 250 g
- Sugar - 1 tbsp. l
- Salt - ½ tsp.
- Bay leaf - 2 pcs.
- Carnation - 3 pcs.
- Black pepper peas - 4 pcs.
- Wash beets and cook until ready. Then peel it, chop it into slices, grate on a coarse grater or resort to using a food processor.
- Mix water, sugar, salt, vinegar and seasonings, bring all to a boil and cool slightly. Pour this marinade on the prepared grated mixture. Leave for a day. The dish is ready to eat!
Marinated beets in jars
- Water - 1 l
- Salt - 1.5 Art. l
- Sugar - 100 g
- Vinegar (9 percent) - 100 g
- Black pepper peas - 5 pcs.
- Rinse beets well and peel, cut, place in a saucepan, add water and put on fire. After 20 minutes after boiling the water, the pan must be removed from the heat and the vegetable should be firmly spread on the cans that have been sterilized. Make brine out of water, sugar, salt and vinegar.
- Pour the beets with boiling marinade and roll up the jars, then turn them over and wrap them in a blanket for a day.
Cooking pickled beets
There are many ways to prepare this dish. Beets prepared in this way can be a good snack, cold borsch is cooked with it in summer, and in winter it can be added to salads. Marinated vegetable has a sweet and sour taste. Its main advantage in front of the store product - you know exactly what ingredients were used for cooking!
Marinated beets with onions
- Beets - 0.5 kg
- Onion - 1 pc.
- Water - 300 g
- Vinegar - 100 g
- Salt - ½ tsp.
- Sugar - 4 tbsp. l
- Black Pepper Allspice
- Rinse beets and boil. Then peel and cut into straws, but not very long. You can not cook a vegetable, and bake in the oven - there will not be much difference.
- Onions cut into thin rings.
- Take a clean jar and start layering beets and onions in it, alternating.
- Now you should make a marinade out of water, salt, sugar. Bring all to a boil and pour vinegar. The resulting brine pour jars, add a couple of peas of pepper and leave to cool. Then put it in the fridge. After 10 hours the dish is ready!
Spicy pickled beets
- Beets - 1kg
- Black pepper
- Bay leaf
- Spices and spices take to taste.
- Wash beets and cook until cooked in a saucepan. The remaining ingredients (with the exception of vinegar), mix and put on fire, before being ready to pour vinegar and cool to room temperature.
- Then peel the beets and chop them, put them into sterilized jars in advance and pour them with the cooled marinade. After putting the cans for a day in a dry cool place.
Beetroot is a tasty and healthy product! In addition, it does not lose its qualities during cooking and pickling. It is not difficult to cook it, and as a result you get a dish that will appeal to even the most demanding gourmet!